Flash player > Innotek 5.0 - OS2

This is a discussion on Flash player > Innotek 5.0 - OS2 ; Hi folks, where can I find information on OS/2 usable flashplayer versions newer than the well known but outdated 5.0 from Innotek? TIA and best regards Uwe...

  1. Flash player > Innotek 5.0

    Hi folks,

    where can I find information on OS/2 usable flashplayer versions newer than the well known but
    outdated 5.0 from Innotek?

    TIA and best regards
    Uwe

  2. Re: Flash player > Innotek 5.0

    On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:59:55 UTC, Uwe Pilgram
    wrote:

    -> Hi folks,
    ->
    -> where can I find information on OS/2 usable flashplayer versions newer than the well known but
    -> outdated 5.0 from Innotek?
    ->
    -> TIA and best regards
    -> Uwe

    There is a Flash 7 r14 for OS/2
    ftp://os2.fannet.ru/pub/filesos2/app...ia/flash7a.zip This is what
    I use and it works pretty well with youtube.com Others use a newer
    version Flash7b which was r19 but the link for that seems to be dead
    but you might find it elsewhere. Others have replaced a DLL from the
    windows plugin to get a newer release of Flash7 but though it plays
    video here, there is no sound with the newer versions. There is a
    possible fix for this at http://e-vertise.com/misc/fixflash.zip but
    that didn't help my problem since it only helps if you run your
    browser with SET LIBPATHSTRICT=T.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2006, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Oct 12-15, 2006 -
    http://www.warpstock.org

  3. Re: Flash player > Innotek 5.0

    BTW can somebody explain the difference between the Adobe Shockwave player and
    the Flash player please?

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

  4. Re: Flash player > Innotek 5.0

    Hi Mark, many thanks. Very helpful.
    Regards
    Uwe

    Mark Dodel wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:59:55 UTC, Uwe Pilgram
    > wrote:
    >
    > -> Hi folks,
    > ->
    > -> where can I find information on OS/2 usable flashplayer versions newer than the well known but
    > -> outdated 5.0 from Innotek?
    > ->
    > -> TIA and best regards
    > -> Uwe
    >
    > There is a Flash 7 r14 for OS/2
    > ftp://os2.fannet.ru/pub/filesos2/app...ia/flash7a.zip This is what
    > I use and it works pretty well with youtube.com Others use a newer
    > version Flash7b which was r19 but the link for that seems to be dead
    > but you might find it elsewhere. Others have replaced a DLL from the
    > windows plugin to get a newer release of Flash7 but though it plays
    > video here, there is no sound with the newer versions. There is a
    > possible fix for this at http://e-vertise.com/misc/fixflash.zip but
    > that didn't help my problem since it only helps if you run your
    > browser with SET LIBPATHSTRICT=T.
    >

    > Mark

+ Reply to Thread