Setting the master boot record(s) - OS2

This is a discussion on Setting the master boot record(s) - OS2 ; I am reinstalling OS/2 Warp 4 over on top of 2.1. This is a clean install. It seems that the installation doesn't install a new master boot record and so having had Linux on the HD at one time, during ...

  1. Setting the master boot record(s)

    I am reinstalling OS/2 Warp 4 over on top of 2.1. This is a clean
    install. It seems that the installation doesn't install a new master
    boot record and so having had Linux on the HD at one time, during the
    install process the OS/2 install reboots. When it does, Lilo the boot
    loader tries to start. This is why I want to get a new boot records in
    place. But the question is how? Seems that FDISK doesn't have the /MBR
    option.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Setting the master boot record(s)

    On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 02:57:31 GMT, scott wrote:

    > I am reinstalling OS/2 Warp 4 over on top of 2.1. This is a clean
    > install. It seems that the installation doesn't install a new master
    > boot record and so having had Linux on the HD at one time, during the
    > install process the OS/2 install reboots. When it does, Lilo the boot
    > loader tries to start. This is why I want to get a new boot records in
    > place. But the question is how? Seems that FDISK doesn't have the /MBR
    > option.

    fdisk /newmbr

  3. Re: Setting the master boot record(s)

    Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
    > On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 02:57:31 GMT, scott wrote:
    >
    >> I am reinstalling OS/2 Warp 4 over on top of 2.1. This is a clean
    >> install. It seems that the installation doesn't install a new master
    >> boot record and so having had Linux on the HD at one time, during the
    >> install process the OS/2 install reboots. When it does, Lilo the boot
    >> loader tries to start. This is why I want to get a new boot records in
    >> place. But the question is how? Seems that FDISK doesn't have the /MBR
    >> option.

    > fdisk /newmbr

    Thanks! I didn't see that as an option, but will give it a go tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread