What disks are in Warp 4 package? - OS2

This is a discussion on What disks are in Warp 4 package? - OS2 ; I have an opened box of Warp 4 with the headphones, 3 floppies that say "Warp 4", and 1 CD that says "Warp 4" on it, but the other 3 CDs don't have a version printed on them. I'm not ...

  1. What disks are in Warp 4 package?

    I have an opened box of Warp 4 with the headphones, 3 floppies that say
    "Warp 4", and 1 CD that says "Warp 4" on it, but the other 3 CDs don't have
    a version printed on them. I'm not sure if the other CDs are from my copy
    of Warp 3, the 2 CDs of which are also mixed in the same box.

    The 3 unknown CDs are:

    Device Driver Pak Volume 1.02

    Application Sampler (no version but the file READMEO.ENU contains "IBM CD
    Showcase Version 1.6")

    Lotus Notes Mail 4.1

    --

    Reply in group, but if emailing add another
    zero, and remove the last word.

  2. Re: What disks are in Warp 4 package?

    On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 06:57:40 +0000, Tom Del Rosso wrote:

    > I have an opened box of Warp 4 with the headphones, 3 floppies that say
    > "Warp 4", and 1 CD that says "Warp 4" on it, but the other 3 CDs don't have
    > a version printed on them. I'm not sure if the other CDs are from my copy
    > of Warp 3, the 2 CDs of which are also mixed in the same box.
    >
    > The 3 unknown CDs are:
    >
    > Device Driver Pak Volume 1.02
    >
    > Application Sampler (no version but the file READMEO.ENU contains "IBM CD
    > Showcase Version 1.6")
    >
    > Lotus Notes Mail 4.1

    In my box it's about the same except the Device Driver CD is 1.0. This
    may be because it's the UK version but I'm not sure.

    Wayne

    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  3. Re: What disks are in Warp 4 package?

    Tom Del Rosso wrote:
    > I have an opened box of Warp 4 with the headphones, 3 floppies that say
    > "Warp 4", and 1 CD that says "Warp 4" on it, but the other 3 CDs don't have
    > a version printed on them. I'm not sure if the other CDs are from my copy
    > of Warp 3, the 2 CDs of which are also mixed in the same box.
    >
    > The 3 unknown CDs are:
    >
    > Device Driver Pak Volume 1.02
    >
    > Application Sampler (no version but the file READMEO.ENU contains "IBM CD
    > Showcase Version 1.6")
    >
    > Lotus Notes Mail 4.1

    That sounds like everything that was included in the Warp 4 box. The
    Device Driver Pak cd has extra device drivers that were not in the Warp
    4 base install. The Application Sampler has a lot of OS/2 apps to try
    as samples. Probably the best one on there is an early version of
    Visual Age for Basic. The Lotus Notes Mail CD was just a sampler that
    I've personally never installed so I don't know what it does. The Warp
    4 CD has the operating system software, the 'bonus pak' software, and
    some device drivers. It also has images of the 3 floppies to let you
    make new floppy disks if the original ones are damaged.

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and Sea Monkey 1.5a

  4. Re: What disks are in Warp 4 package?

    "David T. Johnson" wrote in message

    > That sounds like everything that was included in the Warp 4 box. The
    > Device Driver Pak cd has extra device drivers that were not in the
    > Warp 4 base install. The Application Sampler has a lot of OS/2 apps
    > to try as samples. Probably the best one on there is an early
    > version of Visual Age for Basic. The Lotus Notes Mail CD was just a
    > sampler that I've personally never installed so I don't know what it
    > does. The Warp 4 CD has the operating system software, the 'bonus
    > pak' software, and some device drivers. It also has images of the 3
    > floppies to let you make new floppy disks if the original ones are
    > damaged.

    Thanks, everyone.

    --

    Reply in group, but if emailing add another
    zero, and remove the last word.

  5. Re: What disks are in Warp 4 package?

    David T. Johnson wrote:
    > The Lotus Notes Mail CD was just a sampler that
    > I've personally never installed so I don't know what it does.

    If I recall correctly, the Lotus stuff is the Notes Client for OS/2,
    which is useless unless you're running a Notes Server.

  6. Re: What disks are in Warp 4 package?

    On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 00:13:34 +0000, Peter Flass wrote:

    > David T. Johnson wrote:
    >> The Lotus Notes Mail CD was just a sampler that
    >> I've personally never installed so I don't know what it does.

    > If I recall correctly, the Lotus stuff is the Notes Client for OS/2,
    > which is useless unless you're running a Notes Server.

    There was a way to use it as a mail client, I remember setting it
    up to do that at one time to see what it was like. I seem to recall
    it being a bloated hog.

    Wayne
    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  7. Re: What disks are in Warp 4 package?

    On a pleasant day while strolling in comp.os.os2.misc, a person by the
    name of Wayne exclaimed:
    > There was a way to use it as a mail client, I remember setting it
    > up to do that at one time to see what it was like. I seem to recall
    > it being a bloated hog.

    Yes it had some kind of generic POP/SMTP, but rest assured you would
    never want to use Notes like that (and barely even if your company did
    have a Notes server . Worst. Email Client. Ever.

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

+ Reply to Thread