checkered background - OS2

This is a discussion on checkered background - OS2 ; Something very odd happened to my ECS system. I used LVM to assign a drive letter to a partition. When I did save LVM did a forced reboot. Since then my colours have been funny. Borders and titles were set ...

  1. checkered background

    Something very odd happened to my ECS system. I used LVM to assign a
    drive letter to a partition. When I did save LVM did a forced reboot.
    Since then my colours have been funny. Borders and titles were set to a
    different scheme (OK I can live with that!) and there are funny
    checkered backgrounds in all sorts of places. These include web pages
    (text is displayed on top of a checker background making it hard to
    read; the scroll bar is also like that) and even in the "mixed colour
    palette" accessed from "Appearance"

    Anyone seen anything like this and know how to turn it off?

    --
    Barry Landy Email: Remove nospam in from address
    192, Gilbert Road, Cambridge CB4 3PB

  2. Re: checkered background

    I remembered that among the other strange things happening (and it did
    psych me out rather!) ECS would not boot after the LVM funny but ended
    in "black screen of death". This was very unfunny as I was struggling to
    recover W*nd*ws from a "Blue screen of Death".

    For OS2 the usual recipe is to try to reboot in VGA mode via F3 and that
    worked OK. Then I had to reinstall SNAP, which also worked fine and
    everything seemed OK, except that I notived these checkered backgrounds.

    Between typing these two entries I remembered that I had had to
    reinstall SNAP and realised I should check the settings. Well, colours
    were set to 256 and setting it to 32K fixed the problem (I have a TFT
    flat screen).

    Sorry to take up the bandwidth....!

    On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Barry Landy wrote:

    :>Something very odd happened to my ECS system. I used LVM to assign a drive
    :>letter to a partition. When I did save LVM did a forced reboot. Since then my
    :>colours have been funny. Borders and titles were set to a different scheme (OK
    :>I can live with that!) and there are funny checkered backgrounds in all sorts
    :>of places. These include web pages (text is displayed on top of a checker
    :>background making it hard to read; the scroll bar is also like that) and even
    :>in the "mixed colour palette" accessed from "Appearance"
    :>
    :>Anyone seen anything like this and know how to turn it off?
    :>
    :>

    --
    Barry Landy Email: Remove nospam in from address
    192, Gilbert Road, Cambridge CB4 3PB

+ Reply to Thread