Sys00039 - OS2

This is a discussion on Sys00039 - OS2 ; Hi there this may be a question that was already answered.. How can I get rid of the Sys000039 popup & message when either starting connection to my home lan or even using mapiso? System tells me the disk C ...

  1. Sys00039

    Hi there
    this may be a question that was already answered..
    How can I get rid of the Sys000039 popup & message when either starting
    connection to my home lan or even using mapiso? System tells me the disk
    C not ready. Disk C: is my cdrom drive.
    I have the following OS/2 release:
    Convenience Package - OS/2 Warp 4 Base Operating System
    Version 4.52 Component ID 5639A6101
    Type 0C -- Current CSD level: XR04502 -- Prior CSD level: XR04502
    Kernel 14.100d_W4

    Thks in advance
    K.

  2. Re: Sys00039

    On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 11:29:36 +0100, Kelbel wrote:

    > this may be a question that was already answered..
    > How can I get rid of the Sys000039 popup & message when either starting
    > connection to my home lan or even using mapiso? System tells me the disk
    > C not ready. Disk C: is my cdrom drive.
    > I have the following OS/2 release:
    > Convenience Package - OS/2 Warp 4 Base Operating System
    > Version 4.52 Component ID 5639A6101
    > Type 0C -- Current CSD level: XR04502 -- Prior CSD level: XR04502
    > Kernel 14.100d_W4

    Have you got a reference to a path on drive C somewhere in your PATH or
    LIBPATH ?
    Generally, it's not a good idea to have a CD as C: because a lot of
    broken software assumes C: to be a writable drive.

  3. Re: Sys00039

    Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
    > On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 11:29:36 +0100, Kelbel wrote:
    >

    >>this may be a question that was already answered..
    >>How can I get rid of the Sys000039 popup & message when either starting
    >>connection to my home lan or even using mapiso? System tells me the disk
    >>C not ready. Disk C: is my cdrom drive.
    >>I have the following OS/2 release:
    >>Convenience Package - OS/2 Warp 4 Base Operating System
    >>Version 4.52 Component ID 5639A6101
    >>Type 0C -- Current CSD level: XR04502 -- Prior CSD level: XR04502
    >>Kernel 14.100d_W4

    > Have you got a reference to a path on drive C somewhere in your PATH or
    > LIBPATH ?
    > Generally, it's not a good idea to have a CD as C: because a lot of
    > broken software assumes C: to be a writable drive.

    Paul,
    Thks for you answer. I have no reference to a C: drive in path or
    libpath. I thought it was a good idea to have the cdrom drive at C:
    because many viiri or other crap try to access the C: disk..
    In the meantime, even with the suppresspopups=yes statement in config.sys
    ... pop-up still pops.. I can live with that but 'd be better off without..
    K.

+ Reply to Thread