x206 server success! - OS2

This is a discussion on x206 server success! - OS2 ; Just thought I would pass along the final result of a lot of work. Finally got the networking sorted out after applying all the TCPIP, MPTN and finally but very importantly the Peer fixes IP08414. It obviously fixes some issues ...

  1. x206 server success!

    Just thought I would pass along the final result of a lot of work.
    Finally got the networking sorted out after applying all the TCPIP,
    MPTN and finally but very importantly the Peer fixes IP08414. It
    obviously fixes some issues that are created by the fixpacks as I could
    not get the networking drivers to load until I had applied that fix.
    I'm not sounding off here but thought someone else might find this info
    useful as these servers are excellent value and quality.
    SO I have an x seies 206 server Type 8482 3 Ghz P4 with 2 GB Ram,
    2x36Gb Hot swap Ultra 320 SCSI drives (one for SUSE 10.1 and one OS/2)
    and 80 Gig SATA drive for Data. Video is Nvidia GEForce FX 5200 with
    128MB onboard.
    I installed OS/2 from the original CD with modified install disks and
    then applied FP 15 and all the TCPIP, MPTN & Peer fixes. Then updated
    the kernel to the latest one Scott got to us and Voila I am going very
    fast and connected to the internet via a DLink Router to a Motorola
    Canopy Radio link running 256k. I AM VERY HAPPY! ... to have an OS/2
    system running on new hardware.

    Sorry to bore you with the details.

    Craig

  2. Re: x206 server success!

    Craig wrote:

    > SO I have an x seies 206 server Type 8482 3 Ghz P4 with 2 GB Ram,
    > 2x36Gb Hot swap Ultra 320 SCSI drives (one for SUSE 10.1 and one OS/2)
    > and 80 Gig SATA drive for Data. Video is Nvidia GEForce FX 5200 with
    > 128MB onboard.

    OK Hold up there.....
    Can't handle all the memory! After I wrote the previous message I
    found to my disgust I'd not put all the memory back in. It works real
    nice without it anyways so I'm not going to sweat it.

    Craig

+ Reply to Thread