OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!! - OS2

This is a discussion on OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!! - OS2 ; Can someone just mail me a copy of the os/2 warp 4 cdrom. im tired of trying to find it on the internet and im not going any where near ECS. Thank you po box 425 venus tx 76084...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

  1. OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!

    Can someone just mail me a copy of the os/2 warp 4 cdrom. im tired of
    trying to find it on the internet and im not going any where near ECS.
    Thank you

    po box 425
    venus tx
    76084

  2. Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!

    lthrwolf@gmail.com wrote:
    > Can someone just mail me a copy of the os/2 warp 4 cdrom. im tired of
    > trying to find it on the internet and im not going any where near ECS.
    > Thank you

    Send your broken CDROM (you own one, right?) to IBM and maybe they'll
    replace it.

  3. Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!

    they will not replace it because its not being manufactured anymore is
    what they told me
    Guido Hörster wrote:
    > lthrwolf@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Can someone just mail me a copy of the os/2 warp 4 cdrom. im tired of
    > > trying to find it on the internet and im not going any where near ECS.
    > > Thank you
    > >

    > Send your broken CDROM (you own one, right?) to IBM and maybe they'll
    > replace it.

  4. Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!

    lthrwolf@gmail.com wrote:
    > they will not replace it because its not being manufactured anymore is
    > what they told me
    > Guido Hörster wrote:
    >
    >> lthrwolf@gmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can someone just mail me a copy of the os/2 warp 4 cdrom. im tired of
    >>> trying to find it on the internet and im not going any where near ECS.
    >>> Thank you
    >>>

    >> Send your broken CDROM (you own one, right?) to IBM and maybe they'll
    >> replace it.

    Then maybe you should reconsider your stand against eCS. It works, and
    it is much more modern than the 1996 version of OS/2, so that it is
    easier to install on more modern hardware. You'll have all sorts of
    problems trying to use the 1996 CD with hardware from this millenium.
    The majority of the problems you might see with OS/2 Warp 4, such as
    large memory, large hard drives, SATA drives, etc. have been addressed
    in eCS.

    You could start by burning the Demo CD of eCS and "installing" that to
    your computer. It actually runs in memory, and doesn't change your hard
    drive(s). If that works, you could have more confidence that eCS would
    install and run successfully on your machine.

    If you are simply not willing to pay for eCS, you should head for Linux
    or Windoze land, because eCS is the only game in town for OS/2 users
    now. (If you are willing to live without support, you could try buying
    more modern IBM distributions of OS/2, such as Warp 4.51 or 4.52. Those
    are likely to show up on eBay or elsewhere on the Internet.)

  5. Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!

    Colin Campbell wrote:
    > lthrwolf@gmail.com wrote:
    > > they will not replace it because its not being manufactured anymore is
    > > what they told me
    > > Guido Hörster wrote:

    > >> Send your broken CDROM (you own one, right?) to IBM and maybe they'll
    > >> replace it.
    > >>

    > Then maybe you should reconsider your stand against eCS. It works, and
    > it is much more modern than the 1996 version of OS/2, so that it is
    > easier to install on more modern hardware. You'll have all sorts of
    > problems trying to use the 1996 CD with hardware from this millenium.
    > The majority of the problems you might see with OS/2 Warp 4, such as
    > large memory, large hard drives, SATA drives, etc. have been addressed
    > in eCS.
    >
    > You could start by burning the Demo CD of eCS and "installing" that to
    > your computer. It actually runs in memory, and doesn't change your hard
    > drive(s). If that works, you could have more confidence that eCS would
    > install and run successfully on your machine.
    >

    > If you are simply not willing to pay for eCS, you should head for Linux
    > or Windoze land, because eCS is the only game in town for OS/2 users
    > now. (If you are willing to live without support, you could try buying
    > more modern IBM distributions of OS/2, such as Warp 4.51 or 4.52. Those
    > are likely to show up on eBay or elsewhere on the Internet.)

    I have tried the ecs live disk, just wasnt the same. Im somewhat of a
    geek so patching or doing whatever i have to do to to get it running is
    no big deal. I can live without support for it. the only copy i found
    was 200$ used and thats just a lill bit crazy. And ive looked on ebay,
    and i havent seen a version 4 cd to date.

    thanks anyway, ill keep looking

  6. Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!

    In <1159413509.177679.151860@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>, on 09/27/2006
    at 08:18 PM, lthrwolf@gmail.com said:

    >Colin Campbell wrote:
    >> lthrwolf@gmail.com wrote:
    >> > they will not replace it because its not being manufactured anymore is
    >> > what they told me

    >> Then maybe you should reconsider your stand against eCS. It works, and
    >> it is much more modern than the 1996 version of OS/2, so that it is
    >> easier to install on more modern hardware. You'll have all sorts of
    >> problems trying to use the 1996 CD with hardware from this millenium.
    >> The majority of the problems you might see with OS/2 Warp 4, such as
    >> large memory, large hard drives, SATA drives, etc. have been addressed
    >> in eCS.
    >>
    >> You could start by burning the Demo CD of eCS and "installing" that to
    >> your computer. It actually runs in memory, and doesn't change your hard
    >> drive(s). If that works, you could have more confidence that eCS would
    >> install and run successfully on your machine.
    >>

    >> If you are simply not willing to pay for eCS, you should head for Linux
    >> or Windoze land, because eCS is the only game in town for OS/2 users
    >> now. (If you are willing to live without support, you could try buying
    >> more modern IBM distributions of OS/2, such as Warp 4.51 or 4.52. Those
    >> are likely to show up on eBay or elsewhere on the Internet.)

    >I have tried the ecs live disk, just wasnt the same. Im somewhat of a
    >geek so patching or doing whatever i have to do to to get it running is
    >no big deal. I can live without support for it. the only copy i found was
    >200$ used and thats just a lill bit crazy. And ive looked on ebay, and i
    >havent seen a version 4 cd to date.

    Exactly what version are you looking for? There is Warp 4.0, 4.51 and
    4.52. They are not the same.

    >thanks anyway, ill keep looking

  7. Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!

    Stop the ecs shilling. Warp 4.52 has everything but the problems -- that
    ecs has.

    In , on 09/27/2006
    at 06:24 PM, Colin Campbell said:

    >lthrwolf@gmail.com wrote:
    >> they will not replace it because its not being manufactured anymore is
    >> what they told me
    >> Guido Hörster wrote:

    >>> Send your broken CDROM (you own one, right?) to IBM and maybe they'll
    >>> replace it.
    >>>

    >Then maybe you should reconsider your stand against eCS. It works, and
    >it is much more modern than the 1996 version of OS/2, so that it is
    >easier to install on more modern hardware. You'll have all sorts of
    >problems trying to use the 1996 CD with hardware from this millenium.

    >The majority of the problems you might see with OS/2 Warp 4, such as
    >large memory, large hard drives, SATA drives, etc. have been addressed
    >in eCS.

    >You could start by burning the Demo CD of eCS and "installing" that to
    >your computer. It actually runs in memory, and doesn't change your hard
    >drive(s). If that works, you could have more confidence that eCS would
    >install and run successfully on your machine.

    >If you are simply not willing to pay for eCS, you should head for Linux
    >or Windoze land, because eCS is the only game in town for OS/2 users
    >now. (If you are willing to live without support, you could try buying
    >more modern IBM distributions of OS/2, such as Warp 4.51 or 4.52. Those
    >are likely to show up on eBay or elsewhere on the Internet.)

  8. Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In <1159413509.177679.151860@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>, on 09/27/2006
    > at 08:18 PM, lthrwolf@gmail.com said:
    >

    > >Colin Campbell wrote:

    > >> Then maybe you should reconsider your stand against eCS. It works, and
    > >> it is much more modern than the 1996 version of OS/2, so that it is
    > >> easier to install on more modern hardware. You'll have all sorts of
    > >> problems trying to use the 1996 CD with hardware from this millenium.
    > >> The majority of the problems you might see with OS/2 Warp 4, such as
    > >> large memory, large hard drives, SATA drives, etc. have been addressed
    > >> in eCS.
    > >>
    > >> You could start by burning the Demo CD of eCS and "installing" that to
    > >> your computer. It actually runs in memory, and doesn't change your hard
    > >> drive(s). If that works, you could have more confidence that eCS would
    > >> install and run successfully on your machine.
    > >>

    > >> If you are simply not willing to pay for eCS, you should head for Linux
    > >> or Windoze land, because eCS is the only game in town for OS/2 users
    > >> now. (If you are willing to live without support, you could try buying
    > >> more modern IBM distributions of OS/2, such as Warp 4.51 or 4.52. Those
    > >> are likely to show up on eBay or elsewhere on the Internet.)

    > >I have tried the ecs live disk, just wasnt the same. Im somewhat of a
    > >geek so patching or doing whatever i have to do to to get it running is
    > >no big deal. I can live without support for it. the only copy i found was
    > >200$ used and thats just a lill bit crazy. And ive looked on ebay, and i
    > >havent seen a version 4 cd to date.

    > Exactly what version are you looking for? There is Warp 4.0, 4.51 and
    > 4.52. They are not the same.
    >

    > >thanks anyway, ill keep looking

    I dont really care which version of warp 4, its all patchable to me
    as long as its not that ecs crap

  9. Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!

    On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:32:10 UTC, lthrwolf@gmail.com wrote:

    > letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > > In <1159413509.177679.151860@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>, on 09/27/2006
    > > at 08:18 PM, lthrwolf@gmail.com said:

    > > >I have tried the ecs live disk, just wasnt the same. Im somewhat of a
    > > >geek so patching or doing whatever i have to do to to get it running is
    > > >no big deal. I can live without support for it. the only copy i found was
    > > >200$ used and thats just a lill bit crazy. And ive looked on ebay, and i
    > > >havent seen a version 4 cd to date.

    > > Exactly what version are you looking for? There is Warp 4.0, 4.51 and
    > > 4.52. They are not the same.
    > >

    > > >thanks anyway, ill keep looking

    > I dont really care which version of warp 4, its all patchable to me
    > as long as its not that ecs crap

    I have several copies of Warp 4.51. Send me a money order for $50 US
    and I will ship it out to you. I am in South Florida.

    --
    "What do you mean there's no movie?"

  10. Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!

    Hi

    lthrwolf@gmail.com wrote:
    > Colin Campbell wrote:
    >> lthrwolf@gmail.com wrote:
    >>> they will not replace it because its not being manufactured anymore is
    >>> what they told me

    >> Then maybe you should reconsider your stand against eCS. It works, and
    >> it is much more modern than the 1996 version of OS/2, so that it is
    >> easier to install on more modern hardware. You'll have all sorts of
    >> problems trying to use the 1996 CD with hardware from this millenium.
    >> The majority of the problems you might see with OS/2 Warp 4, such as
    >> large memory, large hard drives, SATA drives, etc. have been addressed
    >> in eCS.
    >>
    >> You could start by burning the Demo CD of eCS and "installing" that to
    >> your computer. It actually runs in memory, and doesn't change your hard
    >> drive(s). If that works, you could have more confidence that eCS would
    >> install and run successfully on your machine.
    >>

    >> If you are simply not willing to pay for eCS, you should head for Linux
    >> or Windoze land, because eCS is the only game in town for OS/2 users
    >> now. (If you are willing to live without support, you could try buying
    >> more modern IBM distributions of OS/2, such as Warp 4.51 or 4.52. Those
    >> are likely to show up on eBay or elsewhere on the Internet.)

    > I have tried the ecs live disk, just wasnt the same.

    If you are talking about the "look and feel" of eCS then maybe you
    should be made aware that by performing an eCS Advanced Install you can
    choose how much of "eCS" you want to install.

    Choices are:-

    1) Warp 4 Desktop - installed by making sure that NO eCS enhancements
    are selected

    2) The eCS1.0 Classic "look and feel", basically a rearranged Warp4
    desktop with prettier icons, which is my preference.

    3) The full current eCS "look and feel" which installs a cutdown version
    of xWP along with e(x)Center.

    So, you install whichever variation you want and then have access to eCS
    only and any IBM OS/2 updates via ecomstation.

    As you already have a Warp4 licence you are looking at an upgrade from
    Warp4 price rather than full retail.

    Maybe the above will make you reconsider eCS, maybe not.

    Have Fun either way :-)

    Pete

    Im somewhat of a
    > geek so patching or doing whatever i have to do to to get it running is
    > no big deal. I can live without support for it. the only copy i found
    > was 200$ used and thats just a lill bit crazy. And ive looked on ebay,
    > and i havent seen a version 4 cd to date.
    >
    > thanks anyway, ill keep looking

  11. Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > Stop the ecs shilling. Warp 4.52 has everything but the problems -- that
    > ecs has.

    Sorry, I don't think that pointing out that eCS is much more modern than
    Warp 4.0 and that it has some support for low volume license types like
    us is "shilling" for eCS.

    To be guilty of that, I'd have to point out that eCS 2.0 will have
    features that even Warp 4.52 doesn't, and never will, have. When will
    you be booting 4.52 from a JFS volume? When will you have modern ACPI
    support? When will you have a native OS/2 version of OpenOffice 2.0?

    No, I'm not going to do that, so rest easy.

  12. Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!

    In , on 09/28/2006
    at 08:49 PM, Colin Campbell said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> Stop the ecs shilling. Warp 4.52 has everything but the problems -- that
    >> ecs has.
    >>

    >Sorry, I don't think that pointing out that eCS is much more modern than
    >Warp 4.0

    There are no drivers in ecs that aren't in OS2. Now if you want to trust
    your data to the work of part-time freeware workers, be my guest. If you
    need a windows eye-candy interface, and more bloated software, then go
    right ahead. Just learn to tell the truth and not shill that's its all
    professional work... Its not!

    and that it has some support for low volume license types like >us is
    "shilling" for eCS.

    >To be guilty of that, I'd have to point out that eCS 2.0 will have
    >features that even Warp 4.52 doesn't, and never will, have. When will
    >you be booting 4.52 from a JFS volume? When will you have modern ACPI
    >support? When will you have a native OS/2 version of OpenOffice 2.0?

    >No, I'm not going to do that, so rest easy.

  13. [FUD4] Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!

    On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 03:49:07 UTC, Colin Campbell
    wrote:

    -> letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    -> > Stop the ecs shilling. Warp 4.52 has everything but the problems -- that
    -> > ecs has.
    -> >
    -> >
    -> Sorry, I don't think that pointing out that eCS is much more modern than
    -> Warp 4.0 and that it has some support for low volume license types like
    -> us is "shilling" for eCS.
    ->
    -> To be guilty of that, I'd have to point out that eCS 2.0 will have
    -> features that even Warp 4.52 doesn't, and never will, have. When will
    -> you be booting 4.52 from a JFS volume? When will you have modern ACPI
    -> support? When will you have a native OS/2 version of OpenOffice 2.0?
    ->
    -> No, I'm not going to do that, so rest easy.

    There's not much point to arguing with ed. He's insane. All we can
    hope is that some day he will move on to torturing some other
    platform's users like his buddy the psychotroll.

    Mark (running eComStation 2.0 M2B2)

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2006, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Oct 12-15, 2006 -
    http://www.warpstock.org

  14. Re: dodel lies again (Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!)

    Thanks for proving you're an ecs shill dodel -->You snipped parts of text
    writting by another to make it look like I wrote all of the included text
    you quoted below.

    Idiots like you can't even be honorable enough to prove people wrong with
    facts. Probably because you don't have any to support your claims --
    thus, in the end, proving me (and others who tell the truth) right.

    Now grow up little boy and learn to control your anger.

    n , on 09/29/2006
    at 08:20 AM, "Mark Dodel" said:

    >On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 03:49:07 UTC, Colin Campbell
    > wrote:

    >-> letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >-> > Stop the ecs shilling. Warp 4.52 has everything but the problems
    >-- that -> > ecs has.
    >-> >
    >-> >
    >-> Sorry, I don't think that pointing out that eCS is much more modern
    >than -> Warp 4.0 and that it has some support for low volume license
    >types like -> us is "shilling" for eCS.
    >->
    >-> To be guilty of that, I'd have to point out that eCS 2.0 will have ->
    >features that even Warp 4.52 doesn't, and never will, have. When will
    >-> you be booting 4.52 from a JFS volume? When will you have modern ACPI
    > -> support? When will you have a native OS/2 version of OpenOffice 2.0?
    >->
    >-> No, I'm not going to do that, so rest easy.

    >There's not much point to arguing with ed. He's insane. All we can
    >hope is that some day he will move on to torturing some other
    >platform's users like his buddy the psychotroll.

    >Mark (running eComStation 2.0 M2B2)

  15. [FUD4] Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!

    On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:29:55 UTC, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    ->
    -> Thanks for proving you're an ecs shill dodel -->You snipped parts of text
    -> writting by another to make it look like I wrote all of the included text
    -> you quoted below.

    ed I guess you are as stupid as you are insane. I quoted exactly
    what Colin wrote. Anyone with an IQ above 90 should be able to figure
    out who typed what. As to quoting your original garbage, who cares
    about the rantings of waste like you. Its all FUD. That's why we
    label replies to you [FUD4], so people who already filter your drivel
    can ignore the post. Here's a clue for you dimwit, even if you remove
    the prefix, people ignore your tripe.

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2006, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Oct 12-15, 2006 -
    http://www.warpstock.org

  16. dodel brain farts and whines (Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!)

    Stop lying dodel. You directly quoted what someone else said as coming
    from me.

    In , on 09/29/2006
    at 02:04 PM, "Mark Dodel" said:

    >On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:29:55 UTC, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >->
    >-> Thanks for proving you're an ecs shill dodel -->You snipped parts of
    >text -> writting by another to make it look like I wrote all of the
    >included text -> you quoted below.

    >ed I guess you are as stupid as you are insane. I quoted exactly what
    >Colin wrote. Anyone with an IQ above 90 should be able to figure out who
    >typed what. As to quoting your original garbage, who cares about the
    >rantings of waste like you. Its all FUD. That's why we label replies
    >to you [FUD4], so people who already filter your drivel can ignore the
    >post. Here's a clue for you dimwit, even if you remove the prefix,
    >people ignore your tripe.

  17. [FUD4] Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!)

    On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 00:25:23 UTC, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    ->
    -> Stop lying dodel. You directly quoted what someone else said as coming
    -> from me.
    On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 00:25:23 UTC, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    -> Bizarre rant deleted.

    Whatever the voices tell you nutball.

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2006, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Oct 12-15, 2006 -
    http://www.warpstock.org

  18. dodel lies again (Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!)

    In , on 09/29/2006
    at 09:06 PM, "Mark Dodel" said:

    >On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 00:25:23 UTC, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >->
    >-> Stop lying dodel. You directly quoted what someone else said as
    >coming -> from me.
    >On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 00:25:23 UTC, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >-> Bizarre rant deleted.

    >Whatever the voices tell you nutball.

    Would you like me to repost your exact words dodel? I'll make an idiot
    you of you with your own post -- you game there boy? Its about 5 or 6
    posts back. If you would pull your head out of your ass, you could figure
    it out too.

    The fact is you directly quoted what someone else said as coming -> from
    me. I corrected you and now --->You're one whiny, stupid, angry,
    imbecile -- when you ought to be a man and just shut up.

  19. [FUD4] Re: dodel lies again (Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!)

    Hi Ed

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In , on 09/29/2006
    > at 09:06 PM, "Mark Dodel" said:
    >

    >> On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 00:25:23 UTC, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >> ->
    >> -> Stop lying dodel. You directly quoted what someone else said as
    >> coming -> from me.
    >> On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 00:25:23 UTC, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >> -> Bizarre rant deleted.

    >> Whatever the voices tell you nutball.

    > Would you like me to repost your exact words dodel? I'll make an idiot
    > you of you with your own post -- you game there boy? Its about 5 or 6
    > posts back. If you would pull your head out of your ass, you could figure
    > it out too.
    >
    > The fact is you directly quoted what someone else said as coming -> from
    > me. I corrected you and now --->You're one whiny, stupid, angry,
    > imbecile -- when you ought to be a man and just shut up.

    Having read what you are ranting about I think you ought to re-read it
    yourself.

    It is obvious who said what and if you cannot see that then there is
    something wrong with either:-

    1] your software failing to display post correctly

    2] your eyes are not functioning correctly

    3] your brain is not interpreting the images from your eyes correctly

    Of course, it could be any combination of the above...

    Hope that helps

    Pete

  20. Re: Re: dodel lies again (Re: OS/2 WARP 4 CD Problem!!!)

    Stop the bull****. My reader didn't mis-read anything. It doesn't thread
    anything. Its plain ascii text that I see. The fact is, dodel quoted
    someone else and attributed it to me. Its in black and white and he's
    either stupid or trolling or both.

    Now you can stop it too.

    In , on 09/30/2006
    at 01:34 PM, Peter Brown said:

    >Hi Ed

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> In , on 09/29/2006
    >> at 09:06 PM, "Mark Dodel" said:
    >>

    >>> On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 00:25:23 UTC, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >>> ->
    >>> -> Stop lying dodel. You directly quoted what someone else said as
    >>> coming -> from me.
    >>> On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 00:25:23 UTC, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >>> -> Bizarre rant deleted.

    >>> Whatever the voices tell you nutball.

    >> Would you like me to repost your exact words dodel? I'll make an idiot
    >> you of you with your own post -- you game there boy? Its about 5 or 6
    >> posts back. If you would pull your head out of your ass, you could figure
    >> it out too.
    >>
    >> The fact is you directly quoted what someone else said as coming -> from
    >> me. I corrected you and now --->You're one whiny, stupid, angry,
    >> imbecile -- when you ought to be a man and just shut up.
    >>

    >Having read what you are ranting about I think you ought to re-read it
    >yourself.

    >It is obvious who said what and if you cannot see that then there is
    >something wrong with either:-

    >1] your software failing to display post correctly

    >2] your eyes are not functioning correctly

    >3] your brain is not interpreting the images from your eyes correctly

    >Of course, it could be any combination of the above...

    >Hope that helps

    >Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast