Did the Linksys LNE100TX NIC ever work for anyone on OS2? - OS2

This is a discussion on Did the Linksys LNE100TX NIC ever work for anyone on OS2? - OS2 ; I have tried to get two versions of a Linksys LNE100TX card working with OS/2 and it seems to be a no go. There seem to be several different OS/2 drivers for this card and I've tried all of them ...

  1. Did the Linksys LNE100TX NIC ever work for anyone on OS2?

    I have tried to get two versions of a Linksys LNE100TX card working with
    OS/2 and it seems to be a no go. There seem to be several different
    OS/2 drivers for this card and I've tried all of them on two different
    hardware versions of the card but none of them will load. Did anyone
    ever get one of these to actually work on OS/2? Google shows several
    people with the same problem but no one seems to have gotten one to
    work. Even though there are OS/2 drivers existing, they really seem to
    be OS/2-unfriendly hardware.

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and Sea Monkey 1.5a

  2. Re: Did the Linksys LNE100TX NIC ever work for anyone on OS2?

    On 09/22/06 02:01 pm David T. Johnson wrote:

    > I have tried to get two versions of a Linksys LNE100TX card working with
    > OS/2 and it seems to be a no go. There seem to be several different
    > OS/2 drivers for this card and I've tried all of them on two different
    > hardware versions of the card but none of them will load. Did anyone
    > ever get one of these to actually work on OS/2? Google shows several
    > people with the same problem but no one seems to have gotten one to
    > work. Even though there are OS/2 drivers existing, they really seem to
    > be OS/2-unfriendly hardware.

    I used them (certainly versions 5.0 and 5.1, and I think also 4.x) for a
    long time with the driver downloaded from ADMTek (the chip manufacturer)
    and now also available from Chuck McKinnis's NICPak collection.

    If you can't find it, leave a note here, and I'll send it.

    Perce

  3. Re: Did the Linksys LNE100TX NIC ever work for anyone on OS2?

    Hi David

    David T. Johnson wrote:
    > I have tried to get two versions of a Linksys LNE100TX card working with
    > OS/2 and it seems to be a no go. There seem to be several different
    > OS/2 drivers for this card and I've tried all of them on two different
    > hardware versions of the card but none of them will load. Did anyone
    > ever get one of these to actually work on OS/2? Google shows several
    > people with the same problem but no one seems to have gotten one to
    > work. Even though there are OS/2 drivers existing, they really seem to
    > be OS/2-unfriendly hardware.

    Bought 1 of these a couple of years ago - cheap and the supplied floppy
    disk had OS/2 drivers on it. Shame it did not work as the drivers were
    incorrect for the nic...

    A quick download of the correct drivers from linksys.com resolved the
    problem and the nic works fine

    The trick is to first identify which chipset is used on the nic as
    linksys seem to have used several different suppliers leading to several
    different drivers being available for the same model nic.

    There used to be a webpage on the linksys.com site which I used for this
    purpose but I cannot seem to find it at the moment.

    Not sure if the nicpack http://www.os2warp.be/index2.php?name=nicpak
    contains the driver you need but it should be capable of identifying
    the chipset used.

    Regards

    Pete

  4. Re: Did the Linksys LNE100TX NIC ever work for anyone on OS2?

    In <12h898rk73gvjc2@corp.supernews.com>, on 09/22/2006
    at 11:01 AM, "David T. Johnson" said:

    >I have tried to get two versions of a Linksys LNE100TX card working with
    >OS/2 and it seems to be a no go. There seem to be several different
    >OS/2 drivers for this card and I've tried all of them on two different
    >hardware versions of the card but none of them will load. Did anyone
    >ever get one of these to actually work on OS/2? Google shows several
    >people with the same problem but no one seems to have gotten one to
    >work. Even though there are OS/2 drivers existing, they really seem to
    >be OS/2-unfriendly hardware.

    There are different drivers and they nothing about using Link anything is
    OS2 friendly. That being said, I had one LNE100 card that I gave up on.
    Then one day a lightening shot took out my dad's DSL modem and network
    card. I him the Link card I had laying around -- and it didn't even work
    with Win98 -- and it was suppose to have the right drivers for it!

    As far as I'm concerned, Link manufactures junk, and they are on my Do Not
    Buy, Specify or Approve list. Now I buy 3M, Intel or IBM net cards.

+ Reply to Thread