how to register sio2k - OS2

This is a discussion on how to register sio2k - OS2 ; In my quest of getting sio2k to work properly, (ibm com.sys does not work (the latest)) I was able to get hold of a licence number. Sio2k is working well here but I cannot use the system because the boot ...

  1. how to register sio2k

    In my quest of getting sio2k to work properly, (ibm com.sys does not
    work (the latest)) I was able to get hold of a licence number.
    Sio2k is working well here but I cannot use the system because the boot
    is interrupted by a nag screen and requires the pressing of ENTER key.

    Now I do not know how to use the registration key.
    Does anybody know?

    Regards
    Filippo

    PS
    The original author (Ray Gwinn) web site and e-mail address are not
    available anymore. Somebody in usenet said that the author has died.
    So I am treating this software as abbandonware unless somebody tells me
    who now is the legitimate license holder.

  2. Re: how to register sio2k

    fisa wrote:
    > The original author (Ray Gwinn) web site and e-mail address are not
    > available anymore. Somebody in usenet said that the author has died.

    I hope this isn't true, although we're all headed that way eventually.

  3. Re: how to register sio2k

    fisa schrieb:
    > In my quest of getting sio2k to work properly, (ibm com.sys does not
    > work (the latest)) I was able to get hold of a licence number.
    > Sio2k is working well here but I cannot use the system because the boot
    > is interrupted by a nag screen and requires the pressing of ENTER key.

    Did you try PAUSEONERROR=NO in config.sys ?

    > Now I do not know how to use the registration key.
    > Does anybody know?

    1.) My impression is that he delivered a different build for the
    registered version.
    2.) It should be possible to hack the SW and do an unconditional jump
    over the code section displaying the nag screen unless he has put more
    effort in it.

    > PS
    > The original author (Ray Gwinn) web site and e-mail address are not
    > available anymore. Somebody in usenet said that the author has died.
    > So I am treating this software as abbandonware unless somebody tells me
    > who now is the legitimate license holder.

    I don't think he died. In fact I remember to having found his personal
    website not so long ago (but if it was him, he is not in programming
    anymore) but unfortunately I don't remember the URL, I don't even
    remember how I found it.

    Lars

  4. Re: how to register sio2k

    theres several checks in the sio code to see if the code segment has
    been modified in any way, and when it detects something has been modified,
    it acts "screwey" every so often. Ray was really good at protecting his code.

    :
    :> PS
    :> The original author (Ray Gwinn) web site and e-mail address are not
    :> available anymore. Somebody in usenet said that the author has died.
    :> So I am treating this software as abbandonware unless somebody tells me
    :> who now is the legitimate license holder.
    :I don't think he died. In fact I remember to having found his personal
    :website not so long ago (but if it was him, he is not in programming
    :anymore) but unfortunately I don't remember the URL, I don't even
    :remember how I found it.
    :
    :Lars

  5. Re: how to register sio2k

    dinkmeister wrote:
    > theres several checks in the sio code to see if the code segment has
    > been modified in any way, and when it detects something has been modified,
    > it acts "screwey" every so often. Ray was really good at protecting his code.
    >

    > On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 00:37:16 +0200, Lars Erdmann wrote:
    >
    > :2.) It should be possible to hack the SW and do an unconditional jump
    > ver the code section displaying the nag screen unless he has put more
    > :effort in it.
    > :
    > :> PS
    > :> The original author (Ray Gwinn) web site and e-mail address are not
    > :> available anymore. Somebody in usenet said that the author has died.
    > :> So I am treating this software as abbandonware unless somebody tells me
    > :> who now is the legitimate license holder.
    > :I don't think he died. In fact I remember to having found his personal
    > :website not so long ago (but if it was him, he is not in programming
    > :anymore) but unfortunately I don't remember the URL, I don't even
    > :remember how I found it.
    > :
    > :Lars

    Thank you all,
    I found a solution in the form of some good soul handing me over his
    unused licensed code.

    Hacking sio to work would be useful for the community, since in my case
    com.sys did not work at all.

    Filippo

  6. Re: how to register sio2k

    In , on 09/17/2006
    at 07:20 PM, "dinkmeister" said:

    >theres several checks in the sio code to see if the code segment has been
    >modified in any way, and when it detects something has been modified, it
    >acts "screwey" every so often. Ray was really good at protecting his
    >code.

    :-)

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
    Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

  7. Re: how to register sio2k

    Hi

    I just talk today with Ray Gwinn and told me that he has plans to Open
    Source SIO . But he still need some help with the code to take off some
    propietary software dependancies. If anybody wants to help Ray with
    this please contact him at his e-mail.

    I posted the info at:
    http://www.os2world.com/cgi-bin/foru...041&P=1#ID1041

    Martin Iturbide