ABIT BP6 mobo question - OS2

This is a discussion on ABIT BP6 mobo question - OS2 ; A client with a fully valid OS/2 older box wants to update hardware. Tossed on the pile today from him for a possible update box is an ABIT BP6 mobo unit. Dual processor CPU which I've never had in here ...

  1. ABIT BP6 mobo question

    A client with a fully valid OS/2 older box wants to update hardware.
    Tossed on the pile today from him for a possible update box is an ABIT
    BP6 mobo unit. Dual processor CPU which I've never had in here for even
    a look see.

    OK. Can it be used for MCP2 latest fixpack everything anyway? Or is
    this an issue where the SMP version of things has to be used?

    Inquiring mind wants to know. Thanks for any advice!

    --

    --> Sleep well; OS2's still awake!

    Mike Luther

  2. Re: ABIT BP6 mobo question

    In <12evgmhsau55m2c@corp.supernews.com>, on 08/26/2006
    at 03:41 AM, Mike Luther said:

    >OK. Can it be used for MCP2 latest fixpack everything anyway? Or is
    >this an issue where the SMP version of things has to be used?

    It will run fine under MCP, of course with only one processor enabled.
    With WSeB installed, it does SMP just fine. We have not tested the ABit
    with the latest eCS2.0 beta. This may support the ABit in SMP mode.

    Regards,

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
    Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

  3. Re: ABIT BP6 mobo question

    Thanks Steven..

    Steven Levine wrote:
    > It will run fine under MCP, of course with only one processor enabled.
    > With WSeB installed, it does SMP just fine. We have not tested the ABit
    > with the latest eCS2.0 beta. This may support the ABit in SMP mode.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Steven

    OK, hi ho, hi ho, it's off to test we go! I've actually got WSEB but in
    this case I'd sort of rather not go that way as the site would be better
    off with just the MCP2 latest level stuff from a practical standpoint.

    --

    --> Sleep well; OS2's still awake!

    Mike Luther

+ Reply to Thread