associating URL's with Mozilla - OS2

This is a discussion on associating URL's with Mozilla - OS2 ; I recently upgraded my Mozilla installation and as an after thought deleted my old netscape installation which had not been used in several years. Now clicking on a URL object does not work. How can I re-associate URL objects so ...

  1. associating URL's with Mozilla

    I recently upgraded my Mozilla installation and as an after thought
    deleted my old netscape installation which had not been used in several
    years.

    Now clicking on a URL object does not work.

    How can I re-associate URL objects so that they will open Mozilla to the
    indicated web page?

    Can the association be made universal?
    --
    Jack Wise

  2. Re: associating URL's with Mozilla

    On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:28:42 UTC, Jack Wise wrote:

    > How can I re-associate URL objects so that they will open Mozilla to the
    > indicated web page?

    Either get ConfigApps to set the WPS default browser
    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-sea...=configapps1_1
    or just use the settings of one WPS URL object (page 2, "Browser"),
    enter the correct info there and the click on "Set Default".
    --
    Greetings, | My From: address is valid as is the version without "spam"
    Peter. | I try to find real messages among the spam every few days

  3. Re: associating URL's with Mozilla

    Peter Weilbacher wrote:
    > On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:28:42 UTC, Jack Wise wrote:
    >

    >>How can I re-associate URL objects so that they will open Mozilla to the
    >>indicated web page?

    > Either get ConfigApps to set the WPS default browser
    > http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-sea...=configapps1_1
    > or just use the settings of one WPS URL object (page 2, "Browser"),
    > enter the correct info there and the click on "Set Default".

    Thanks Peter for the above.

    Unfortuantely, My os/2 system seems to have different configuration
    capabilites than yours. perhaps you might be able to help me out.

    I tried to set the url settings but don't seem to have the same
    properties.
    I open the mozilla browser.
    I enter an URL (www.google.com)
    The page opens
    I drag the URL Icon in the address line to the desktop
    I open the Properties of the URL Icon
    I go to the Browse Tab
    I have the following choices.
    Path & File Name (D:\Moz\mozilla.exe)
    Parameters (BLANK)
    Working Directory (D:\Moz)
    Check Box for "Integrated browser"
    The "Default" & "Set Default" buttons do not seem to have
    any effect.

    I also have downloaded the ConfigApp.exe program.
    I don't understand how to use it.

    Any Help you can give would be appreciated.

    --
    Jack Wise

  4. Re: associating URL's with Mozilla

    On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:03:49 UTC, Jack Wise wrote:

    > I tried to set the url settings but don't seem to have the same
    > properties.
    > I open the mozilla browser.
    > I enter an URL (www.google.com)
    > The page opens
    > I drag the URL Icon in the address line to the desktop
    > I open the Properties of the URL Icon
    > I go to the Browse Tab
    > I have the following choices.
    > Path & File Name (D:\Moz\mozilla.exe)
    > Parameters (BLANK)
    > Working Directory (D:\Moz)
    > Check Box for "Integrated browser"

    If you leave "Integrated browser" off and that represents the correct
    path to Mozilla then this should be fine. What happens if you click on
    that URL object afterwards?

    What settings does the object have that you normally use to start
    Mozilla? These are the ones that you need to duplicate in the settings
    of the URL object, and then press "Set Default" (not the one without
    "Set").
    --
    Greetings, | My From: address is valid as is the version without "spam"
    Peter. | I try to find real messages among the spam every few days

+ Reply to Thread