Losing my memory - OS2

This is a discussion on Losing my memory - OS2 ; Dear Folks, My computer has 512MB of RAM. Or at least, that's what it's always had, and it's what the BIOS still thinks it has. OS/2, on the other hand (system resources app and PMView Help -> System Info) tells ...

  1. Losing my memory

    Dear Folks,

    My computer has 512MB of RAM. Or at least, that's what it's always
    had, and it's what the BIOS still thinks it has. OS/2, on the other
    hand (system resources app and PMView Help -> System Info) tells me
    that it has 65MB and grinds the swap file accordingly.

    Could this be do to with the new os2ldr I installed while trying to
    get my digital camera to work? If so, where would I get an old os2ldr?

    Ian

  2. Re: Losing my memory

    :
    : Could this be do to with the new os2ldr I installed while trying to
    : get my digital camera to work? If so, where would I get an old os2ldr?

    Sorry to followup to self, but have discovered "uinstldr" and now have
    old os2ldr and 512MB memory again.

    Is there any way of getting the newer os2ldr to see all the memory, or
    do I just stick to the old one?

    Ian

  3. Re: Losing my memory

    On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:13:13 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.misc, "Ian Johnston"
    wrote:

    > Is there any way of getting the newer os2ldr to see all the memory, or
    > do I just stick to the old one?

    Look for patchldr on hobbes.

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK.