Matrox G450 32meg card not showing all ram - OS2

This is a discussion on Matrox G450 32meg card not showing all ram - OS2 ; Bill, Looked at my first page in the system notebook and it shows only 16 megs. At this stage, it is no better than my old ATI Rage Pro with 16 megs. I happen to like Matrox better, having had ...

  1. Matrox G450 32meg card not showing all ram

    Bill,
    Looked at my first page in the system notebook and it shows only 16
    megs. At this stage, it is no better than my old ATI Rage Pro with 16
    megs. I happen to like Matrox better, having had Milleniums and
    Mystiques over the years, but I guess that I will have to live with
    the card.
    --
    "What do you mean there's no movie?"

  2. Re: Matrox G450 32meg card not showing all ram

    Sir:

    Count Floyd wrote:
    > Bill,
    > Looked at my first page in the system notebook and it shows only 16
    > megs. At this stage, it is no better than my old ATI Rage Pro with 16
    > megs. I happen to like Matrox better, having had Milleniums and
    > Mystiques over the years, but I guess that I will have to live with
    > the card.

    Then this is a bug.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  3. Re: Matrox G450 32meg card not showing all ram

    Count Floyd wrote:
    > Bill,
    > Looked at my first page in the system notebook and it shows only 16
    > megs. At this stage, it is no better than my old ATI Rage Pro with 16
    > megs. I happen to like Matrox better, having had Milleniums and
    > Mystiques over the years, but I guess that I will have to live with
    > the card.

    16MB are sufficient for doing 2*1600*1200*32bpp (Dual-Screen). I suppose
    this is enough for your needs. And as far as I know the G450 has not
    enogh bandwith for resolutions which need more RAM anyway.

    I think there is simply absolutely no use for more Display RAM, since
    this would only be helpful with 3D features. And they are not supported
    by OS/2.

    So the only improovement from upgrading to 32MB is the larger number in
    the properties page!
    Probably the driver programmer know this too.

    Marcel

+ Reply to Thread