Looking for PCMCIA English cardbus.exe - OS2

This is a discussion on Looking for PCMCIA English cardbus.exe - OS2 ; I'm trying to install PCMCIA support on my laptop and went to the WarpUpdates website ( http://www.warpupdates.mynetcologne....rd_pcmcia.html ) and downloaded the cardbus.exe file. When I extracted the files and ran the install program I discovered it was the German version ...

  1. Looking for PCMCIA English cardbus.exe

    I'm trying to install PCMCIA support on my laptop and went to the
    WarpUpdates website (
    http://www.warpupdates.mynetcologne....rd_pcmcia.html ) and
    downloaded the cardbus.exe file. When I extracted the files and ran the
    install program I discovered it was the German version and not the
    English version. The download url notes the requirement of an "active
    support contact" with Software Choice, is which defunct today and
    replaced with Passport Advantage. I used my PA access codes and was
    dismissed as improper access codes. I tried my old Software Choice
    access codes and was granted access to download.

    A few months back I did an extensive search of the IBM website through
    Passport Advantage looking for the english release of cardbus.exe and
    never found it.

    Does anyone have the English version of the cardbus.exe? My English
    system fails with the German release PCMCIA install program probably
    because it cannot read the German commands. If anyone knows where the
    English version is can you post the url?

  2. Re: Looking for PCMCIA English cardbus.exe

    Lynn Taupin wrote:
    > I'm trying to install PCMCIA support on my laptop and went to the
    > WarpUpdates website (
    > http://www.warpupdates.mynetcologne....rd_pcmcia.html ) and
    > downloaded the cardbus.exe file. When I extracted the files and ran the
    > install program I discovered it was the German version and not the
    > English version. The download url notes the requirement of an "active
    > support contact" with Software Choice, is which defunct today and
    > replaced with Passport Advantage. I used my PA access codes and was
    > dismissed as improper access codes. I tried my old Software Choice
    > access codes and was granted access to download.
    >
    > A few months back I did an extensive search of the IBM website through
    > Passport Advantage looking for the english release of cardbus.exe and
    > never found it.
    >
    > Does anyone have the English version of the cardbus.exe? My English
    > system fails with the German release PCMCIA install program probably
    > because it cannot read the German commands. If anyone knows where the
    > English version is can you post the url?

    Go to:

    http://www.ibm.com/products/finder/u...rs?pg=ddfinder

    Under category, select "other software"

    Under subcategory, select OS/2 Warp

    The latest cardbus driver is selection number 41 (as of 2005/12/18, 11:00 pm PST).

    You will need your Passport Advantage user id and password to download the software.

  3. Re: Looking for PCMCIA English cardbus.exe

    James J. Weinkam wrote:
    > Lynn Taupin wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to install PCMCIA support on my laptop and went to the
    >> WarpUpdates website (
    >> http://www.warpupdates.mynetcologne....rd_pcmcia.html ) and
    >> downloaded the cardbus.exe file. When I extracted the files and ran
    >> the install program I discovered it was the German version and not the
    >> English version. The download url notes the requirement of an "active
    >> support contact" with Software Choice, is which defunct today and
    >> replaced with Passport Advantage. I used my PA access codes and was
    >> dismissed as improper access codes. I tried my old Software Choice
    >> access codes and was granted access to download.
    >>
    >> A few months back I did an extensive search of the IBM website through
    >> Passport Advantage looking for the english release of cardbus.exe and
    >> never found it.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have the English version of the cardbus.exe? My English
    >> system fails with the German release PCMCIA install program probably
    >> because it cannot read the German commands. If anyone knows where the
    >> English version is can you post the url?

    > Go to:
    >
    > http://www.ibm.com/products/finder/u...rs?pg=ddfinder
    >
    > Under category, select "other software"
    >
    > Under subcategory, select OS/2 Warp
    >
    > The latest cardbus driver is selection number 41 (as of 2005/12/18,
    > 11:00 pm PST).
    >
    > You will need your Passport Advantage user id and password to download
    > the software.

    Lynn, you probably have the correct version but are failing to apply
    the required parameter when unarchiving it. Place the cardbus.exe file
    in a temporary folder then from a command line move into that folder
    and type: cardbus /d

    The program will open and create directories for various languages,
    including English. You then move into that ENglish folder and run the
    install program from there.

  4. Re: Looking for PCMCIA English cardbus.exe

    James J. Weinkam wrote:
    > Lynn Taupin wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to install PCMCIA support on my laptop and went to the
    >> WarpUpdates website (
    >> http://www.warpupdates.mynetcologne....rd_pcmcia.html ) and
    >> downloaded the cardbus.exe file. When I extracted the files and ran
    >> the install program I discovered it was the German version and not the
    >> English version. The download url notes the requirement of an "active
    >> support contact" with Software Choice, is which defunct today and
    >> replaced with Passport Advantage. I used my PA access codes and was
    >> dismissed as improper access codes. I tried my old Software Choice
    >> access codes and was granted access to download.
    >>
    >> A few months back I did an extensive search of the IBM website through
    >> Passport Advantage looking for the english release of cardbus.exe and
    >> never found it.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have the English version of the cardbus.exe? My English
    >> system fails with the German release PCMCIA install program probably
    >> because it cannot read the German commands. If anyone knows where the
    >> English version is can you post the url?

    > Go to:
    >
    > http://www.ibm.com/products/finder/u...rs?pg=ddfinder
    >
    > Under category, select "other software"
    >
    > Under subcategory, select OS/2 Warp
    >
    > The latest cardbus driver is selection number 41 (as of 2005/12/18,
    > 11:00 pm PST).
    >
    > You will need your Passport Advantage user id and password to download
    > the software.

    Lynn, you probably have the correct version but are failing to apply
    the required parameter when unarchiving it. Place the cardbus.exe file
    in a temporary folder then from a command line move into that folder
    and type: cardbus /d

    The program will open and create directories for various languages,
    including English. You then move into that ENglish folder and run the
    install program from there.

  5. Re: Looking for PCMCIA English cardbus.exe

    James J. Weinkam wrote:
    > Lynn Taupin wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to install PCMCIA support on my laptop and went to the
    >> WarpUpdates website (
    >> http://www.warpupdates.mynetcologne....rd_pcmcia.html ) and
    >> downloaded the cardbus.exe file. When I extracted the files and ran
    >> the install program I discovered it was the German version and not the
    >> English version. The download url notes the requirement of an "active
    >> support contact" with Software Choice, is which defunct today and
    >> replaced with Passport Advantage. I used my PA access codes and was
    >> dismissed as improper access codes. I tried my old Software Choice
    >> access codes and was granted access to download.
    >>
    >> A few months back I did an extensive search of the IBM website through
    >> Passport Advantage looking for the english release of cardbus.exe and
    >> never found it.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have the English version of the cardbus.exe? My English
    >> system fails with the German release PCMCIA install program probably
    >> because it cannot read the German commands. If anyone knows where the
    >> English version is can you post the url?

    > Go to:
    >
    > http://www.ibm.com/products/finder/u...rs?pg=ddfinder
    >
    > Under category, select "other software"
    >
    > Under subcategory, select OS/2 Warp
    >
    > The latest cardbus driver is selection number 41 (as of 2005/12/18,
    > 11:00 pm PST).
    >
    > You will need your Passport Advantage user id and password to download
    > the software.

    Lynn, you probably have the correct version but are failing to apply
    the required parameter when unarchiving it. Place the cardbus.exe file
    in a temporary folder then from a command line move into that folder
    and type: cardbus /d

    The program will open and create directories for various languages,
    including English. You then move into that ENglish folder and run the
    install program from there.

  6. Re: Looking for PCMCIA English cardbus.exe