Install CD - OS2

This is a discussion on Install CD - OS2 ; I have a IBM warp 4 cd. How can I boot from the CD instead of the Diskettes? Whenever I try to make the diskettes, it crashes on disk 43, so how do I boot from the cd?...

  1. Install CD

    I have a IBM warp 4 cd. How can I boot from the CD instead of the
    Diskettes? Whenever I try to make the diskettes, it crashes on disk 43,
    so how do I boot from the cd?

  2. Re: Install CD

    chevysrock39@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have a IBM warp 4 cd. How can I boot from the CD instead of the
    > Diskettes? Whenever I try to make the diskettes, it crashes on disk 43,
    > so how do I boot from the cd?

    OS/2 Warp 4, as it shipped from IBM...is not a bootable CD. Try
    creating 3 boot floppy disks - using CDINST in the root of the
    installation CD, and replace all but the boot disk with the
    diskette images you find here (ignore the "laptops" reference):

    http://www.warpupdates.mynetcologne....diskettes.html

    Depending on your HD controller, you may want to try Daniela's
    IDE alternative drivers on the boot disks (watch for wrapping of
    the URL):

    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-sea...t=type&dir=%2F

  3. Re: Install CD

    The "I Agree" button on the IBM website doesn't work!

  4. Re: Install CD

    Same here.

    chevysrock39@gmail.com wrote:

    > The "I Agree" button on the IBM website doesn't work!

  5. Re: Install CD

    On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 00:15:57 UTC chevysrock39@gmail.com wrote:

    > The "I Agree" button on the IBM website doesn't work!

    If it's the same page I'm thinking about, I got it to work by moving
    the mouse around the displayed button until the status line at the
    bottom of Mozilla indicated that it was "over" a control then
    clicking. Again, from memory, the hotspot was a good 3/4 to an inch
    off the graphic.

    --
    Will Honea

+ Reply to Thread