Installing a fixpak from CD - OS2

This is a discussion on Installing a fixpak from CD - OS2 ; What is the correct way to install a fixpak from CD. I ran cs_144.exe to unzip the files contents and copied all these files onto a cd. Added to this were the contents of the fixpak I want to install, ...

  1. Installing a fixpak from CD

    What is the correct way to install a fixpak from CD. I ran cs_144.exe to
    unzip the files contents and copied all these files onto a cd. Added to
    this were the contents of the fixpak I want to install, the unzipped
    contents of all the xr_m... zips and ftpinstl.zip. So there is a root
    directory with the contents of the cs_144 unzip and a few other files from
    the fixpak such as os2dump and off this, the folders fix\os2.1 to fix\os2.4.
    When I run service.exe in OS/2 it asks where the install files are, floppy
    or cd and when I select cd it requests that I put the csf disk 1 in the
    drive. Isn't this what I've already copied onto the cd?

    Thanks, Steve

  2. Re: Installing a fixpak from CD

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:37:42 UTC, "Stephen Long"
    wrote:

    > What is the correct way to install a fixpak from CD. I ran cs_144.exe to
    > unzip the files contents and copied all these files onto a cd. Added to
    > this were the contents of the fixpak I want to install, the unzipped
    > contents of all the xr_m... zips and ftpinstl.zip. So there is a root
    > directory with the contents of the cs_144 unzip and a few other files from
    > the fixpak such as os2dump and off this, the folders fix\os2.1 to fix\os2.4.
    > When I run service.exe in OS/2 it asks where the install files are, floppy
    > or cd and when I select cd it requests that I put the csf disk 1 in the
    > drive. Isn't this what I've already copied onto the cd?

    http://www.tavi.co.uk/os2pages/fixpaks.html

  3. Re: Installing a fixpak from CD

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:37:42 -0000, Stephen Long wrote:
    > What is the correct way to install a fixpak from CD. I ran cs_144.exe to
    > unzip the files contents and copied all these files onto a cd. Added to
    > this were the contents of the fixpak I want to install, the unzipped
    > contents of all the xr_m... zips and ftpinstl.zip. So there is a root
    > directory with the contents of the cs_144 unzip and a few other files from
    > the fixpak such as os2dump and off this, the folders fix\os2.1 to fix\os2.4.
    > When I run service.exe in OS/2 it asks where the install files are, floppy
    > or cd and when I select cd it requests that I put the csf disk 1 in the
    > drive. Isn't this what I've already copied onto the cd?

    You have to do a SET CSFCDROMDIR=x:\ before running SERVICE (x: is your
    CD-ROm drive). Otherwise SERVICE won't know where to look for the files.

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).