convenience pack 4 - OS2

This is a discussion on convenience pack 4 - OS2 ; I have convenience pack 4 for warp 4 which I obtained some time ago and never installed. Now I want to update my warp 4 installation which has had no fixpaks applied. Can I use loaddskf to extract each file ...

  1. convenience pack 4

    I have convenience pack 4 for warp 4 which I obtained some time ago and
    never installed. Now I want to update my warp 4 installation which has had
    no fixpaks applied. Can I use loaddskf to extract each file to a floppy and
    apply it in the same way as a fixpak using the CSF tool. Or must I
    re-install warp 4 and choose to add the conpak during the install?

  2. Re: convenience pack 4

    On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:45:38 UTC, "Stephen Long"
    wrote:

    > I have convenience pack 4 for warp 4 which I obtained some time ago and
    > never installed. Now I want to update my warp 4 installation which has had
    > no fixpaks applied. Can I use loaddskf to extract each file to a floppy and
    > apply it in the same way as a fixpak using the CSF tool. Or must I
    > re-install warp 4 and choose to add the conpak during the install?

    The convenience pack CDs are a complete replacement for Warp 4.

    You boot using the "Install" CD then follow the directions to upgrade
    your system

    --
    Lorne Sunley

  3. Re: convenience pack 4

    Not sure I understand. I have a file called xr_c004.zip, about 22mb. It
    contains files from xr_c004.1dk to xr_c004.hdk. If I unzip these and apply
    loaddskf nothing happens.

    Thanks, Steve

    "Lorne Sunley" wrote in message
    > On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:45:38 UTC, "Stephen Long"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I have convenience pack 4 for warp 4 which I obtained some time ago and
    > > never installed. Now I want to update my warp 4 installation which has

    had
    > > no fixpaks applied. Can I use loaddskf to extract each file to a floppy

    and
    > > apply it in the same way as a fixpak using the CSF tool. Or must I
    > > re-install warp 4 and choose to add the conpak during the install?
    > >

    > The convenience pack CDs are a complete replacement for Warp 4.
    >
    > You boot using the "Install" CD then follow the directions to upgrade
    > your system
    >
    > --
    > Lorne Sunley

  4. Re: convenience pack 4

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:24:07 UTC, "Stephen Long"
    wrote:

    > Not sure I understand. I have a file called xr_c004.zip, about 22mb. It
    > contains files from xr_c004.1dk to xr_c004.hdk. If I unzip these and apply
    > loaddskf nothing happens.

    That is fixpack 4, for the OS/2 convenience pack. It cannot be applied
    as a fixpack to the original Warp 4.

+ Reply to Thread