Current Fixpacks - OS2

This is a discussion on Current Fixpacks - OS2 ; I'm planning the installation of Warp 4 on a new machine. Perhaps later I'll look at eCS, but right now, It's Warp 4. How do I find out what the current fixpacks are for various products, and where can I ...

  1. Current Fixpacks

    I'm planning the installation of Warp 4 on a new machine. Perhaps later
    I'll look at eCS, but right now, It's Warp 4. How do I find out what
    the current fixpacks are for various products, and where can I obtain
    them these days? At a minimum I'm looking at Warp and TCP/IP, Wordpro,
    and probably other stuff to follow.

    It just occurred to me that my current system is many years old, and has
    had maintenence applied sporadically throughout the years. I suppose I
    could do a SYSLEVEL to see where I'm at, but that still leaves me with
    the problem of finding the fixpacks. I'd rather do a clean install than
    try to clone the system.

  2. Re: Current Fixpacks

    On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:56:10 UTC, Peter Flass
    wrote:

    > I'm planning the installation of Warp 4 on a new machine. Perhaps later
    > I'll look at eCS, but right now, It's Warp 4. How do I find out what
    > the current fixpacks are for various products, and where can I obtain
    > them these days? At a minimum I'm looking at Warp and TCP/IP, Wordpro,
    > and probably other stuff to follow.

    http://www.warpupdates.mynetcologne.de

  3. Re: Current Fixpacks

    On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:56:10 GMT, Peter Flass wrote:
    > I'm planning the installation of Warp 4 on a new machine. Perhaps later
    > I'll look at eCS, but right now, It's Warp 4. How do I find out what
    > the current fixpacks are for various products, and where can I obtain
    > them these days? At a minimum I'm looking at Warp and TCP/IP, Wordpro,
    > and probably other stuff to follow.
    >
    > It just occurred to me that my current system is many years old, and has
    > had maintenence applied sporadically throughout the years. I suppose I
    > could do a SYSLEVEL to see where I'm at, but that still leaves me with
    > the problem of finding the fixpacks. I'd rather do a clean install than
    > try to clone the system.

    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex/os2/fixpaks/index.html

    In particular, see the 'visual guides' section.

    (That doesn't cover WordPro or other application software, though.)

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).