How to set WPS to 24HR time display? - OS2

This is a discussion on How to set WPS to 24HR time display? - OS2 ; Somehow, I've forgotten how to get the clock in the WPS to confirm to 24HR display mode instead of the am/pm format. I've gone into the the LOCALE object in the OS/2 SETUP folder. I've set it to the 24 ...

  1. How to set WPS to 24HR time display?

    Somehow, I've forgotten how to get the clock in the WPS to confirm to
    24HR display mode instead of the am/pm format. I've gone into the the
    LOCALE object in the OS/2 SETUP folder. I've set it to the 24 hour
    option. As far as I can tell eveything else on this MCP2 latest
    everything Thinkpad is now 24HR display. But the WPS still displays the
    12 hour am/pm format. I've looked at the properties in the WPS object
    and so on, but can't recall how to get it to cooperate.

    Any help?

    --

    --> Sleep well; OS2's still awake!

    Mike Luther

  2. Re: How to set WPS to 24HR time display?

    On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 04:45:50 UTC, Mike Luther
    wrote:

    > Somehow, I've forgotten how to get the clock in the WPS to confirm to
    > 24HR display mode instead of the am/pm format. I've gone into the the
    > LOCALE object in the OS/2 SETUP folder. I've set it to the 24 hour
    > option. As far as I can tell eveything else on this MCP2 latest
    > everything Thinkpad is now 24HR display. But the WPS still displays the
    > 12 hour am/pm format. I've looked at the properties in the WPS object
    > and so on, but can't recall how to get it to cooperate.

    In the Locale object folder, have you right clicked on your chosen
    locale and set it as default? You need to... as well as selecting 24
    hour.

  3. Re: How to set WPS to 24HR time display?

    Thanks Bob ..

    Bob Eager wrote:

    >On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 04:45:50 UTC, Mike Luther
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Somehow, I've forgotten how to get the clock in the WPS to confirm to
    >>24HR display mode instead of the am/pm format. I've gone into the the
    >>LOCALE object in the OS/2 SETUP folder. I've set it to the 24 hour
    >>option. As far as I can tell eveything else on this MCP2 latest
    >>everything Thinkpad is now 24HR display. But the WPS still displays the
    >>12 hour am/pm format. I've looked at the properties in the WPS object
    >>and so on, but can't recall how to get it to cooperate.
    >>

    >In the Locale object folder, have you right clicked on your chosen
    >locale and set it as default? You need to... as well as selecting 24
    >hour.

    Did as suggested, rebooted. Bingo! 24 hour time format on the WPS.

    --

    --> Sleep well; OS2's still awake!

    Mike Luther

+ Reply to Thread