warp 4 install problems - OS2

This is a discussion on warp 4 install problems - OS2 ; Hi I was a frequent user of warp 4 until Win 98 came out and I switched. I'd like to get back on with warp 4 again and have been trying to install it to a pentium III, 733mhz Research ...

  1. warp 4 install problems

    Hi
    I was a frequent user of warp 4 until Win 98 came out and I switched. I'd
    like to get back on with warp

    4 again and have been trying to install it to a pentium III, 733mhz Research
    Machines PC with 256Mb Ram

    and three drives, 6Gb, 7.5Gb and 2.5Gb. Windows XP is installed on the 6Gb
    drive in a FAT32 partition,

    the drive has 150Mb unformatted freespace which I was using to install the
    boot manager with the os to

    be installed on the 2.5Gb partition (HPFS). The PC has system commander
    2000 installed. I can't get

    any further than fdisk. With set up described above (Fat32 and 150mb
    freespace), os/2 can only see the

    FAT 32 partition, not the freespace. The freespace is at the start of the
    disk. If I create a 100Mb

    primary active FAT partition at the start of the disk so the freespace is
    sandwiched between the FAT and FAT32

    partitions then fdisk reports the following:

    details size in Mb
    none primary type B 6000
    startable Crimary FAT 2095136
    none pri/log freespace 95

    It also reports that the partition mapping on drive 2 (all FAT32) may be
    corrupted, it didn't say that

    before. None of the options are available for the freespce, only the delete
    partition options are

    possible on the FAT partitions.

    If I try to delete the FAT partition then I get an error which reads:

    message sys0318: message file oso001.msg cannot be found for message 3175

    The 3175 changes to 3475 if I try to display the register information. If I
    then end the program I get:

    1811: the process has stopped. The software diagnostic code (trap number)
    is 000D.

    Can anyone help here? Is there something I should be doing? I might add
    that I have just installed

    warp 4 on a 486 dx2/66 with no problems.

    I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

    Steve

  2. Re: warp 4 install problems

    You will need newer IDE drivers. The original Warp 4 IDE driver
    (ibm1s506.add) does not recognise as FAT32 partitions, partitions > 8 G
    and has no busmaster DMA support.

    The drivers can be found at:

    http://service.software.ibm.com/os2dd/free/idedasd.exe

    For tips see: http://www.warpdoctor.org/walter/art...aa060700a.html

    To be able to use BM DMA: use the latest drivers of Daniela Engert:

    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/syste...nis506r174.zip

    IBM1S506 replacement, supports Intel, VIA, Ali, SiS, CMD, Promise,
    Cyrix, HPT, AMD, Artop, SMSC, ServerWorks, Opti, Nvidia, NatSemi,
    SiliconImage, ITE, ATI, and NetCell chips, SerialATA, disk capacities up
    to 2TiB, V1.7.4 2005/10

    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/syste...anidasd144.zip

    OS2DASD.DMD replacement with FAT32, extendedX, and arbitrary partition
    support, mini-LVM, V1.4.2

    The last helps OS/2 to see fat32(x) drives.

    sjoerd

+ Reply to Thread