desparate: install diskette for 4.52 failed - OS2

This is a discussion on desparate: install diskette for 4.52 failed - OS2 ; So I had a hd crash on a warp 4.52 box. can't use the CD, because the new drives are too big. the 3 diskette set has danis506 on it. worked in the past. now, install diskette gives sys02025, sys02027, ...

  1. desparate: install diskette for 4.52 failed

    So I had a hd crash on a warp 4.52 box. can't use the CD, because the
    new drives are too big. the 3 diskette set has danis506 on it. worked
    in the past.

    now, install diskette gives sys02025, sys02027, ie, OS2KERNLI or some
    such is bad. went to make a new diskette. readme.txt on the 4.52 CD
    says to use "CDINST", but there's no such thing. don't remember what I
    did to make the set I have.

    So, what do I do?? Please respond with copy directly to me.

    TIA

  2. Re: desparate: install diskette for 4.52 failed

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:15:50 -0500, peter wadsack wrote:
    > So I had a hd crash on a warp 4.52 box. can't use the CD, because the
    > new drives are too big. the 3 diskette set has danis506 on it. worked
    > in the past.
    >
    > now, install diskette gives sys02025, sys02027, ie, OS2KERNLI or some
    > such is bad. went to make a new diskette. readme.txt on the 4.52 CD
    > says to use "CDINST", but there's no such thing. don't remember what I
    > did to make the set I have.

    cdinst.cmd is in the root directory of the CD. Also cdinst.bat for
    running under Win/DOS.

    Or, you can simply use LOADDSKF to manually load the disk images under the
    DISKIMGS directory to floppy disks. I believe LOADDSKF is somewhere under
    the IBMINST directory.

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex