Re: icon arrangment - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: icon arrangment - OS2 ; hi! On 02:18 William L. Hartzell wrote: > In the properties of each folder is a tab called sort. Enable sort > all the time will keep the icons in sorted order. i see this for each folder, will i ...

  1. Re: icon arrangment

    hi!

    On 02:18 William L. Hartzell wrote:
    > In the properties of each folder is a tab called sort. Enable sort
    > all the time will keep the icons in sorted order.

    i see this for each folder, will i have to do this for each folder i
    open, or can i make it a default?

    diziet

  2. Re: icon arrangment

    Sir:

    wibble@wobble.com wrote:
    > hi!
    >
    > On 02:18 William L. Hartzell wrote:
    >
    >> In the properties of each folder is a tab called sort. Enable sort
    >> all the time will keep the icons in sorted order.

    > i see this for each folder, will i have to do this for each folder i
    > open, or can i make it a default?

    The Bozos that wrote the Workplace shell classes failed to look at
    common users concerns, in spite of the millions spent in studies.
    Sorry, each folder that you look at has to be changed. If you are a
    Rexx guru, you can write a startup string object that changes this
    default (no sort) and drop it on each folder. But in the
    twelve-thirteen years since the shell was released, no one has done so.
    There however, is a workplace shell enhancement called Xworkplace that
    has an option to make this a default setting, to sort (if my memory is
    still working as it is not installed here).
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  3. Re: icon arrangment

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 02:19:19 UTC, wibble@wobble.com wrote:

    > hi!
    >
    > On 02:18 William L. Hartzell wrote:
    > > In the properties of each folder is a tab called sort. Enable sort
    > > all the time will keep the icons in sorted order.

    > i see this for each folder, will i have to do this for each folder i
    > open, or can i make it a default?

    Changing existing folders has to be done manually (although some
    enhancements exist to do it automatically). You can change the default
    on the Folder template, which will at least fix folders later created
    from there.

    Also look into the Extended Desktop class, which gives you icon
    manipulation to a fine degree on the actual desktop. The EXDESK.ZIP file
    can be found at:

    http://www.tavi.co.uk/os2pages/ews.html

  4. Re: icon arrangment

    On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:31:08 -0500, William L. Hartzell
    wrote:

    > if my memory is still working as it is not installed here

    This explains a lot....

+ Reply to Thread