winos2 driver for hp color laserjet? - OS2

This is a discussion on winos2 driver for hp color laserjet? - OS2 ; I'm looking for a winos2 (win 3.1) driver for printing in color on a HP 2550 color laserjet printer. I tried the PSCRIPT driver, this works but only in black. And the HPPCL5F does not produce color neither, but it ...

  1. winos2 driver for hp color laserjet?

    I'm looking for a winos2 (win 3.1) driver for printing in color on a HP
    2550 color laserjet printer. I tried the PSCRIPT driver, this works but
    only in black. And the HPPCL5F does not produce color neither, but it
    should.
    Are there other drivers which print in color?

    Another thing: I have to connect the windows printer to FILE: and as a
    file name I enter \dev\lpt2. If I directly connect the windows printer
    to \dev\lpt2, the output just disappears.

    Thanks,
    Jens Martin Schlatter

  2. Re: winos2 driver for hp color laserjet?

    > I'm looking for a winos2 (win 3.1) driver for printing in color on a HP
    > 2550 color laserjet printer.

    On hobbbes, I found the adobe postscript drivers
    (http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-vie...adobeps312.zip).

    I'm using the "Adobe Default Printer" now and it works perfect.

    Jens Martin Schlatter

  3. Re: winos2 driver for hp color laserjet?

    Sir:

    NnlGggTuqPvt@spammotel.com wrote:
    > I'm looking for a winos2 (win 3.1) driver for printing in color on a HP
    > 2550 color laserjet printer. I tried the PSCRIPT driver, this works but
    > only in black. And the HPPCL5F does not produce color neither, but it
    > should.
    > Are there other drivers which print in color?
    >
    > Another thing: I have to connect the windows printer to FILE: and as a
    > file name I enter \dev\lpt2. If I directly connect the windows printer
    > to \dev\lpt2, the output just disappears.

    Is there not an OS/2 driver that prints in color? If so, then point the
    output of the Winos2 program to lpt2.os2 and the OS/2 driver will print
    it (assuming that the OS/2 driver is using lpt2).
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  4. Re: winos2 driver for hp color laserjet?

    > Is there not an OS/2 driver that prints in color? If so, then point the
    > output of the Winos2 program to lpt2.os2 and the OS/2 driver will print
    > it (assuming that the OS/2 driver is using lpt2).

    Oh - of course there is an os/2 driver, but you need a winos2 driver
    also!

    JMS

  5. Re: winos2 driver for hp color laserjet?

    Sir:

    NnlGggTuqPvt@spammotel.com wrote:
    >>Is there not an OS/2 driver that prints in color? If so, then point the
    >>output of the Winos2 program to lpt2.os2 and the OS/2 driver will print
    >>it (assuming that the OS/2 driver is using lpt2).

    > Oh - of course there is an os/2 driver, but you need a winos2 driver
    > also!

    How does it print in OS/2? The HP specification says limited
    functioning under OS/2. And I see no Windows 3.1 driver. Try
    redirecting the winos2 postcsript driver output to lpt2.os2, instead of
    directly to a port (assumes that lpt2 is the real port attached, but you
    can redirect ports if not).
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  6. Re: winos2 driver for hp color laserjet?

    > How does it print in OS/2? The HP specification says limited
    > functioning under OS/2.

    Under OS/2, I print with the normal os/2 driver for the HP 2500.

    With winos2, I use the Adobe Standard PS driver and route the output to
    \dev\lpt2 (lpt2.os2 does not work).

    There is no physical LPT2 port since it is a USB printer.

    All works fine now.

    Jens Martin Schlatter

  7. Re: winos2 driver for hp color laserjet?

    I'd love to find a Win 3.1 printer driver for the HP 2550L as well --
    currently I print from a Win 3.1 application using another postscript driver
    (Tektronic Phaser III PXi) to print to file, then convert the file to PDF
    using ps2pdf, then finally print on paper using Acrobat... Luckily I don't
    often have a need to do this...

    In OS/2 I use the HP Color Laserjet 4500 PS driver but I occasionally have
    problems I attribute to the incorrect driver being used. I love the printer
    which I bought from Staples when Tim Sipples told us about the sale but the
    lack of drivers is a drag.

    On 22 Sep 2005 02:35:48 -0700, NnlGggTuqPvt@spammotel.com wrote:

    :>> How does it print in OS/2? The HP specification says limited
    :>> functioning under OS/2.
    :>
    :>Under OS/2, I print with the normal os/2 driver for the HP 2500.
    :>
    :>With winos2, I use the Adobe Standard PS driver and route the output to
    :>\dev\lpt2 (lpt2.os2 does not work).
    :>
    :>There is no physical LPT2 port since it is a USB printer.
    :>
    :>All works fine now.
    :>
    :>Jens Martin Schlatter
    :>

  8. Re: winos2 driver for hp color laserjet?

    In "Elmer Fudd" writes:
    >I'd love to find a Win 3.1 printer driver for the HP 2550L as well --
    >currently I print from a Win 3.1 application using another postscript driver
    >(Tektronic Phaser III PXi) to print to file, then convert the file to PDF
    >using ps2pdf, then finally print on paper using Acrobat... Luckily I don't
    >often have a need to do this...
    >
    >In OS/2 I use the HP Color Laserjet 4500 PS driver but I occasionally have
    >problems I attribute to the incorrect driver being used. I love the printer
    >which I bought from Staples when Tim Sipples told us about the sale but the
    >lack of drivers is a drag.

    Well, I am using an HP 4500 PS driver in Win 3.11 for
    my HP 2550, and what little I've printed seems okay.
    Haven't tested OS/2 or WinOS/2 yet though. Maybe a
    project for the weekend.

    What errors are you seeing?

    Steve N.

  9. Re: winos2 driver for hp color laserjet?

    > I'd love to find a Win 3.1 printer driver for the HP 2550L as well

    The Adobe Standard Printer (adobeps) works perfect.

    JMS

  10. Re: winos2 driver for hp color laserjet?

    Thank you, will try that driver!

    On 24 Sep 2005 10:19:53 -0700, NnlGggTuqPvt@spammotel.com wrote:

    :>> I'd love to find a Win 3.1 printer driver for the HP 2550L as well
    :>
    :>The Adobe Standard Printer (adobeps) works perfect.
    :>
    :>JMS
    :>

+ Reply to Thread