How do I uninstall a printer - OS2

This is a discussion on How do I uninstall a printer - OS2 ; I have replaced an HP laserjet printer. I have deleted it's icon. However it still appears in several popup lists in a variety of apllications such as Word Pro that require you to select a printer. I suspect it is ...

  1. How do I uninstall a printer

    I have replaced an HP laserjet printer. I have deleted
    it's icon. However it still appears in several popup
    lists in a variety of apllications such as Word Pro that require you
    to select a printer. I suspect it is buried in some ini file. Can
    someone let me know how to delete it.

  2. Re: How do I uninstall a printer

    William H. (Bill) Winters wrote:
    > I have replaced an HP laserjet printer. I have deleted
    > it's icon. However it still appears in several popup
    > lists in a variety of apllications such as Word Pro that require you
    > to select a printer. I suspect it is buried in some ini file. Can
    > someone let me know how to delete it.

    What you deleted was probably just a shadow of the real printer object, which is
    located in the Printers folder. The Printers folder is in Connections on OS/2
    and in Local System on eCS.

  3. Re: How do I uninstall a printer

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:38:03 UTC, "William H. (Bill) Winters"
    wrote:

    > I have replaced an HP laserjet printer. I have deleted
    > it's icon. However it still appears in several popup
    > lists in a variety of apllications such as Word Pro that require you
    > to select a printer. I suspect it is buried in some ini file. Can
    > someone let me know how to delete it.

    There's a small program called prndrv.exe that handles printer
    deletion with aplomb. I think I got it from Hobbes, but I'll be glad
    to send it to you if needed.

    Cheers/2,
    Jerry