A bit about me, and couldn't we kick the problem users - OS2

This is a discussion on A bit about me, and couldn't we kick the problem users - OS2 ; Hello, I would just like to state I am a warp 4 user i have not found any major advantage to using eComStation. Once IBM releases the source code we will probably see some great improvements to OS/2 possibly in ...

  1. A bit about me, and couldn't we kick the problem users

    Hello,
    I would just like to state I am a warp 4 user i have not found any
    major advantage to using eComStation. Once IBM releases the source code
    we will probably see some great improvements to OS/2 possibly in
    eComStation, but most likely from the opersource community.

    About the problem users, couldn't the form moderators just kick them?

    ---
    JiMbO J0nEs

  2. Re: A bit about me, and couldn't we kick the problem users

    On 08/05/05 02:12 pm JimboJones768@gmail.com tossed the following
    ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

    > I would just like to state I am a warp 4 user i have not found any
    > major advantage to using eComStation. Once IBM releases the source code
    > we will probably see some great improvements to OS/2 possibly in
    > eComStation, but most likely from the opersource community.

    If eCS doesn't provide you with any advantage, don't use it. I have a
    Toshiba notebook which the as-supplied-by-IBM Warp 4 installer thinks
    has an Adaptec SCSI adapter and then barfs; eCS installs on it just fine.

    > About the problem users, couldn't the form moderators just kick them?

    This is UseNet: there are no moderators. But Mozilla has good filtering
    capabilities.

    Perce

  3. Re: A bit about me, and couldn't we kick the problem users

    JimboJones768@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I would just like to state I am a warp 4 user i have not found any
    > major advantage to using eComStation. Once IBM releases the source code
    > we will probably see some great improvements to OS/2 possibly in
    > eComStation, but most likely from the opersource community.

    I agree somewhat with your evaluation of eComStation with the
    exception that it truly sucks. I have every release of eCS and
    find it is a piece of dog crap compared to Warp 4.52.

    Jimbo, note to the dreamers of this world: IBM will *never* release
    the source code to OS/2. OS/2 remains today a billion dollar
    revenue source and stockholders would remove every idiot
    IBM official within hours of such an announcement.

    Banco de Brazil, Toyota, Ford, Deutsch Bank, and 60% of
    the Fortune 500 use and rely on OS/2.

    Do you seriously believe IBM would be so stupid as to say,
    "Oh yeah OS/2 users whining in the OS/2 newsgroups,
    here's the OS/2 source code..."

    Duh...

    > About the problem users, couldn't the form moderators just kick them?

    As the Official OS/2 Guy I have been able to remove quite a
    few of the problem users and I continue to weed them out on
    a daily basis. What *you* can do Jimbo is complain directly
    to their ISP/Newsgroup providers. That usually closes their
    accounts until they move to another...

  4. Re: A bit about me, and couldn't we kick the problem users

    Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
    > On 08/05/05 02:12 pm JimboJones768@gmail.com tossed the following
    > ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:
    >
    >> I would just like to state I am a warp 4 user i have not found any
    >> major advantage to using eComStation. Once IBM releases the source code
    >> we will probably see some great improvements to OS/2 possibly in
    >> eComStation, but most likely from the opersource community.

    > If eCS doesn't provide you with any advantage, don't use it. I have a
    > Toshiba notebook which the as-supplied-by-IBM Warp 4 installer thinks
    > has an Adaptec SCSI adapter and then barfs; eCS installs on it just fine.

    According to Toshiba, their Toshiba notebooks do not
    support the OS/2 operating system. Duh...

    Now had you purchased an IBM T30, T40, T41 or T42
    then you would find OS/2 is supported and does install
    'like buddah' within 20 minutes.

    OTOH Percy, you come off as more of a "Dell" consumer.
    I mean, you seem to have a minuscule mentality who
    thinks OS/2 should just install on whatever they purchase
    because, by Golly, it's an operating system.

    Again, DUH ...

    >> About the problem users, couldn't the form moderators just kick them?

    > This is UseNet: there are no moderators. But Mozilla has good filtering
    > capabilities.

    There is also that amazing "index finger" which controls that
    left mouse. When you come across a message you don't
    want to read - DON'T READ IT IDIOT!

    Apparently that just can't be accomplished by so many of you.

  5. Re: A bit about me, and couldn't we kick the problem users

    ☻ The OS/2 Guy ☻ schreef:

    > Banco de Brazil,

    It is probably boring nitpicking, but I want to point out that the name
    of the bank (and the country) is spelled with an s instead of z.

    Banco do Brasil is best known for its endless queues, despite a rather
    new federal law that the waiting time should not exceed 15 minutes.
    This fact however is (imho) not to blame to whatever OS they are using.

  6. Re: A bit about me, and couldn't we kick the problem users

    Here in comp.os.os2.setup.misc,
    "JimboJones768@gmail.com" spake unto us, saying:

    >I would just like to state I am a warp 4 user i have not found any
    >major advantage to using eComStation.

    The big advantage I've seen between the two is during installation, but
    on my current older hardware that isn't an issue yet.

    >About the problem users, couldn't the form moderators just kick them?

    USENET doesn't work that way. Only newsgroups explicitly set up as
    moderated groups have moderators, and the comp.os.os2.hierarchy is not
    moderated (except for comp.os.os2.moderated, which I think is dead).

    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

+ Reply to Thread