What is wrong with everyone? - OS2

This is a discussion on What is wrong with everyone? - OS2 ; eCS and OS/2 fourms can live together. Bring the two groups and make the community stronger. If one group is alienated then it weakens the community. Its not like they are two completely Operating Systems. 99.9% of people who use ...

  1. What is wrong with everyone?

    eCS and OS/2 fourms can live together.
    Bring the two groups and make the community stronger.

    If one group is alienated then it weakens the community.

    Its not like they are two completely Operating Systems.

    99.9% of people who use eCS are OS/2 users

    Whats the problem here?

    And whats up with all the personal attacks?

    Can't we all just get along?

    ----
    JiMbO D J0nES

  2. Re: What is wrong with everyone?

    JimboJones768@gmail.com wrote:

    > eCS and OS/2 fourms can live together.

    Not really.

    > Bring the two groups and make the community stronger.

    Go tell the Linux people Lindows should be embraced.

    > If one group is alienated then it weakens the community.

    Go tell the Linux people that alienating Lindows users only weakens the
    Linux community.

    > Its not like they are two completely Operating Systems.

    Only one of them is a real operating system. The other is a minor third
    party vendor's proprietary product that can use *any* operating system.
    Go tell Serenity to replace OS/2 with "Lindows".

    > 99.9% of people who use eCS are OS/2 users

    Yeah, all six of 'em. 99.9% of all OS/2 users don't use and would never
    buy eCS.

    > Whats the problem here?

    Illegal spamming in the OS/2 newsgroups by a minor third party vendor
    selling his own proprietary product.

    > And whats up with all the personal attacks?

    Get the eCS Lusers out of the OS/2 newsgroups and you won't see any
    personal attacks.

    > Can't we all just get along?

    Sure. OS/2 users are already in their own OS/2 newsgroups. eCS freaks
    should stick to their own newsgroup where they belong.

    Why are you trying to start a flame war?

  3. Re: What is wrong with everyone?

    On 1 Aug 2005 17:33:33 -0700, JimboJones768@gmail.com wrote:
    > Whats the problem here?
    >
    > And whats up with all the personal attacks?
    >
    > Can't we all just get along?

    Almost all of the personal attacks come from the same 4 or 5 people.
    Once you learn to ignore them (or killfile them), things become a lot
    easier.

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).

  4. Re: What is wrong with everyone?

    Alex Taylor wrote:
    > On 1 Aug 2005 17:33:33 -0700, JimboJones768@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >>Whats the problem here?
    >>
    >>And whats up with all the personal attacks?
    >>
    >>Can't we all just get along?

    > Almost all of the personal attacks come from the same 4 or 5 people.

    Yup. All eCS salesmen.

    > Once you learn to ignore them (or killfile them), things become a lot
    > easier.

    Easier yet. Just don't read 'em!

  5. Re: What is wrong with everyone?

    Here in comp.os.os2.setup.misc,
    "JimboJones768@gmail.com" spake unto us, saying:

    >Whats the problem here?

    The problem is a group of two or three specific people. Read the
    threads for a while, and it'll become obvious who the flame-stirrers
    are...

    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  6. Re: What is wrong with everyone?

    Richard Steiner wrote:
    > Here in comp.os.os2.setup.misc,
    > "JimboJones768@gmail.com" spake unto us, saying:
    >

    >>Whats the problem here?

    > The problem is a group of two or three specific people. Read the
    > threads for a while, and it'll become obvious who the flame-stirrers
    > are...

    Richard,

    What is PC/GEOS?

    --
    M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014)

    IRC (MikeG):
    irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS

    OS/2 Stuff : http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/
    My OpenWatcom : http://members.cox.net/mikeos2/

  7. Re: What is wrong with everyone?

    Here in comp.os.os2.setup.misc,
    Michael Greene spake unto us, saying:

    >What is PC/GEOS?

    It's the 16-bit graphical GEOS environment that was used for Geoworks
    Ensemble (later known as New Deal Office, and then Breadbox Office),
    and it was also the run-time environment that AOL used for their first
    "DOS" GUI clients in the days before Windows became ubiquitous.

    Some links:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEOS_(1...erating_system)
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/pcgeos-faq/
    http://www.pencomputing.com/develope...roduction.html

    I still run both Geoworks Ensemble and New Deal Office 3.2a here under
    OS/2, though I usually only use GeoDraw and GeoManager these days.

    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  8. Re: What is wrong with everyone?

    Richard Steiner wrote:
    > Here in comp.os.os2.setup.misc,
    > Michael Greene spake unto us, saying:
    >

    >>What is PC/GEOS?

    > It's the 16-bit graphical GEOS environment that was used for Geoworks
    > Ensemble (later known as New Deal Office, and then Breadbox Office),
    > and it was also the run-time environment that AOL used for their first
    > "DOS" GUI clients in the days before Windows became ubiquitous.
    >
    > Some links:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEOS_(1...erating_system)
    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/pcgeos-faq/
    > http://www.pencomputing.com/develope...roduction.html
    >
    > I still run both Geoworks Ensemble and New Deal Office 3.2a here under
    > OS/2, though I usually only use GeoDraw and GeoManager these days.

    Breadbox... someone did tell me that once. I just remember GEOS on the
    C64/128 and it was very good on an old 8bit machine.

    --
    M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014)

    IRC (MikeG):
    irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS

    OS/2 Stuff : http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/
    My OpenWatcom : http://members.cox.net/mikeos2/

  9. Re: What is wrong with everyone?

    Here in comp.os.os2.setup.misc,
    Michael Greene spake unto us, saying:

    >Breadbox... someone did tell me that once. I just remember GEOS on the
    >C64/128 and it was very good on an old 8bit machine.

    I first used it on a Dell 220 (20MHz 286 clone with VGA), and it was
    quite good on that hardware. Fast!

    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

+ Reply to Thread