APPLE is DEAD. Buy OS/2! - OS2

This is a discussion on APPLE is DEAD. Buy OS/2! - OS2 ; APPLE is dead and gone. It was eaten by bugs. -- This message was sent to you by: Don(ald) O. Woodall Shooting electrons at you from Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA My e-Mail/News Reader is: MR/2 ICE version 2.60b S/N 393 ...

  1. APPLE is DEAD. Buy OS/2!

    APPLE is dead and gone. It was eaten by bugs.

    --
    This message was sent to you by: Don(ald) O. Woodall
    Shooting electrons at you from Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
    My e-Mail/News Reader is: MR/2 ICE version 2.60b S/N 393
    The Operating System is: eComStation version 1.1
    This OS/2 system uptime is 0 days 00:18 hours :^( (en).
    dls woodall at SBC Global dot Net

  2. Re: APPLE is DEAD. Buy OS/2!

    "Don[ald] O. Woodall@spamcop.gov" wrote:
    > APPLE is dead and gone. It was eaten by bugs.

    Why is that why they had 3 of the best finacial quarters yet?
    Why is that why they sold 200,000 Minis, not including G5's, iBooks,
    Powerbook and of course iPods & iMacs?
    Why is did they had Consumer Reports for best tech support 5 years in A Row?
    Why do the have less than 0.5 h/w failures, best in the industry by far?
    Why is it that they have No Corporate debt?

    I am writing this on a Mac G4 running 10.4.1, which I am glad I
    had when my eCom box went down ( It was a monitor issue, the Mac
    worked, eCom's sw did not using the same monitor.)

    Don't get me wrong, I like os/2, have been using it for 9 years
    and will keep using it till they bury me.

    my dad once said;
    Son, you know what the farmer said after kissing the jackass?

    Each to they're own taste.

  3. Re: APPLE is DEAD. Buy OS/2!

    Bugz wrote:
    > "Don[ald] O. Woodall@spamcop.gov" wrote:
    >
    >> APPLE is dead and gone. It was eaten by bugs.
    >>

    > Why is that why they had 3 of the best finacial quarters yet?
    > Why is that why they sold 200,000 Minis, not including G5's, iBooks,
    > Powerbook and of course iPods & iMacs?
    > Why is did they had Consumer Reports for best tech support 5 years in A
    > Row?
    > Why do the have less than 0.5 h/w failures, best in the industry by far?
    > Why is it that they have No Corporate debt?
    >
    > I am writing this on a Mac G4 running 10.4.1, which I am glad I
    > had when my eCom box went down ( It was a monitor issue, the Mac
    > worked, eCom's sw did not using the same monitor.)
    >
    > Don't get me wrong, I like os/2, have been using it for 9 years
    > and will keep using it till they bury me.
    >
    > my dad once said;
    > Son, you know what the farmer said after kissing the jackass?
    >
    > Each to they're own taste.

    Right on! Mac's are the best. eCS is a dog.

    The eCS Guy

  4. Re: APPLE is DEAD. Buy OS/2!

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 The eCS Guy wrote:

    > Right on! Mac's are the best. eCS is a dog.

    It's ugly to be bound to one manufacturer regarding the OS. But with the
    hardware too? They plan to switch to the crappy PC architecture, so why
    should I change if I already have that?

    A Mac is a nice thing for some people. But not for all. As long as eCS/OS/2
    fulfills one's needs, why waste time and money on something new?

    (O)Rexx scriptable, improved SOM/WPS on top of FreeBSD would be an option.
    Eye-candy should be (de)selectable.

    /Olli/
    --
    WarpUpdates International/Deutschland
    http://www.warpupdates.mynetcologne.de/

  5. Re: APPLE is DEAD. Buy OS/2!

    Oliver Rick wrote:
    > On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 The eCS Guy wrote:
    >
    >>Right on! Mac's are the best. eCS is a dog.

    > It's ugly to be bound to one manufacturer regarding the OS.

    I don't recall people complaining about being bound to IBM with
    regards to OS/2...

    > But with the
    > hardware too? They plan to switch to the crappy PC architecture, so why
    > should I change if I already have that?

    A future?

    > A Mac is a nice thing for some people. But not for all. As long as eCS/OS/2
    > fulfills one's needs, why waste time and money on something new?

    Computing time is much faster than regular time. 6, 12, 18 months
    from today Apple's operating systems will still be selling. OS/2
    won't and eCS isn't selling (to anyone) today.

    > (O)Rexx scriptable, improved SOM/WPS on top of FreeBSD would be an option.
    > Eye-candy should be (de)selectable.

    Would be nice but without a future they are just 'the good old days".