Go With Linux, Forget OS/2 - OS2

This is a discussion on Go With Linux, Forget OS/2 - OS2 ; The eCS Guy wrote: > Eddie LeTard Babbled Thusly: > >> Stop your ecs trolling. ecs is DEAD in Dec. 2005. >> >> >> > Once again, Eddie is confused, lying and retarded. Only IBM OS/2 is > dead on ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 40 of 40

  1. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Eddie LeTard Babbled Thusly:
    >
    >> Stop your ecs trolling. ecs is DEAD in Dec. 2005.
    >>

    > Once again, Eddie is confused, lying and retarded. Only IBM OS/2 is
    > dead on that date. SSI OS/2 will live on.
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    Once again, I've made a fool out of myself by accusing
    others falsely. Forgive me. I am stupid. eComstation
    died long ago.

    The eCS Guy

  2. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >In <42e25471$0$90591$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, on 07/23/2005
    > at 09:33 AM, The eCS Guy said:
    >

    >>Eddie LeTard Babbled Thusly:
    >>

    >>>Stop your ecs trolling. ecs is DEAD in Dec. 2005.

    And the contact name at SSI who can verify that is:
    ________________________.

    The eCS Guy

  3. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >
    >> In <42e25471$0$90591$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, on 07/23/2005 at 09:33
    >> AM, The eCS Guy said:
    >>
    >>> Eddie LeTard Babbled Thusly:

    > And the contact name at SSI who can verify that is:
    > ________________________.
    > The eCS Guy

    Wait. I found the contact name. IBM.COM

    eCS is dead.

    The eCS Guy

  4. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >
    >> In <42e25471$0$90591$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, on 07/23/2005 at 09:33
    >> AM, The eCS Guy said:
    >>

    >>> Eddie LeTard Babbled Thusly:

    > And the contact name at SSI who can verify that is:
    > ________________________.
    > The eCS Guy

    Here it is: IBM.COM

    Thank you! Now we know eCS is dead.

    The eCS Guy

  5. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    IBM killed eComStation. Go Linux! Go Mac! Go anything
    but don't go eComStation!

    The eCS Guy

  6. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    Go troll somewhere else asshole. You lost this game again as you lose all
    of them.

    In <42e279be$0$90620$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, on 07/23/2005
    at 12:12 PM, The eCS Guy said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >>In <42e25471$0$90591$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, on 07/23/2005
    >> at 09:33 AM, The eCS Guy said:
    >>

    >>>Eddie LeTard Babbled Thusly:

    >And the contact name at SSI who can verify that is:
    >________________________.

    >The eCS Guy

  7. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    Eddie LeTard Dribbled Again:

    >Go troll somewhere else asshole. You lost this game again as you lose all
    >of them.

    Nope, I just won, since you have no answer to the question.

    I'll be here on December 24, 2005 when OS/2 is longer for sale from IBM,
    but still for sale from SSI. Will *you* be here?

    The eCS Guy

  8. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Eddie LeTard Dribbled Again:
    >
    >> Go troll somewhere else asshole. You lost this game again as you lose all
    >> of them.
    >>

    > Nope, I just won, since you have no answer to the question.
    >
    > I'll be here on December 24, 2005 when OS/2 is longer for sale from IBM,
    > but still for sale from SSI. Will *you* be here?
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    Nope. I just won because you are an identity thief, Erik.

    We all know who you are. Stop stealing identities of other
    people and pretending to post as them. You have been
    "outed" so go back to peddling your pathetic gay porn movies.
    No one here wants to see your 2-inch dick.

    The eCS Guy

  9. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    Sorry Ed but it is Erik who is faking his headers and pretending to be
    me. He has been "outed" many times but we all know who he is.

    The eCS Guy

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > Go troll somewhere else asshole. You lost this game again as you lose all
    > of them.
    >

    > In <42e279be$0$90620$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, on 07/23/2005
    > at 12:12 PM, The eCS Guy said:
    >

    >>letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >>And the contact name at SSI who can verify that is:
    >>________________________.

    >>The eCS Guy

  10. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Eddie LeTard Dribbled Again:
    >
    >> Go troll somewhere else asshole. You lost this game again as you lose all
    >> of them.
    >>

    > Nope, I just won, since you have no answer to the question.

    Nope. I just won because you are faking your headers and
    pretending to be me. You will never been me. You will always
    be a poor imitation of the real thing!

    > I'll be here on December 24, 2005 when OS/2 is longer for sale from IBM,
    > but still for sale from SSI. Will *you* be here?

    No *I'll* be here on December 24, 2005, and you won't. eComStation
    is already dead so it doesn't matter anyway. You'll be drunk, as usual,
    pissed off because you couldn't get away with stealing another person's
    identity.

    You wuss!

    > The eCS Guy

    The eCS Guy

  11. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    ecs is dead on Dec. 23. Of course booby might have a pile of outdated
    copes that have not been sold on that date too. He can sell them, but it
    proves nothing.

    To prove your claim; Give me the name of an IBM contact who can verify
    booby will still be getting new licenses to sell after 12-23-05 -- and you
    win. Until then, you're posting ecs shill nonsense.

    In <42e2940f$0$90560$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, on 07/23/2005
    at 02:04 PM, The eCS Guy said:

    >Eddie LeTard Dribbled Again:

    >>Go troll somewhere else asshole. You lost this game again as you lose all
    >>of them.
    >>

    >Nope, I just won, since you have no answer to the question.

    >I'll be here on December 24, 2005 when OS/2 is longer for sale from IBM,
    >but still for sale from SSI. Will *you* be here?

    >The eCS Guy

  12. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >To prove your claim; Give me the name of an IBM contact who can verify
    >booby will still be getting new licenses to sell after 12-23-05 -- and you
    >win. Until then, you're posting ecs shill nonsense.

    But Eddie, *you* are the one making the claim. It's up to *you* to
    prove that eCS will be "dead" on December 23, 2005.

    So, give us the name of an IBM or SSI contact who can verify that SSI
    can *not* sell OS/2 when IBM stops selling it. Until then, you are
    posting OS/2 shill nonsense. As usual. Until then, you lose. Again.

    But hey, at least you actually spelled everything correctly in the above
    post. Good Boy, Eddie!

    The eCS Guy

  13. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    All this fourm has been is bitching back and forth about how os/2 is
    living/dead and ecs is living/dead.

    Isn't this fourm in place to keep OS/2 and eCS alive and kicking, not
    to announce their deaths, but call out to the os community IBM's OS is
    here to stay and live on.

    We are the the OS/2 breed.

    eCs Guy, if we wanted to hear about linux or bsd why would we be in an
    os/2 ecs fourm?

  14. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    JimboJones768@gmail.com wrote:
    > All this fourm has been is bitching back and forth about how os/2 is
    > living/dead and ecs is living/dead.

    No one really cares about eCS. They do care about OS/2 tho'.

    > Isn't this fourm in place to keep OS/2 and eCS alive and kicking, not
    > to announce their deaths, but call out to the os community IBM's OS is
    > here to stay and live on.

    It is an OS/2 forum. It is *not* an eCS forum. eCS is not OS/2,
    it simply uses an older version of OS/2 as the base operating
    system. eCS can use *any* operating system.

    > We are the the OS/2 breed.

    Well, we are *real* OS/2 users.

    > eCs Guy, if we wanted to hear about linux or bsd why would we be in an
    > os/2 ecs fourm?

    I don't think you're going to get him to stop posting. He's on
    a mission, obsessed with attacking *real* OS/2 users and
    pushing his own Linux/Mac agenda. Freaks like that have
    to reach to other newsgroups once their own OS newsgroups
    refuse to deal with them.

  15. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >
    >> To prove your claim; Give me the name of an IBM contact who can verify
    >> booby will still be getting new licenses to sell after 12-23-05 -- and
    >> you
    >> win. Until then, you're posting ecs shill nonsense.
    >>

    > But Eddie, *you* are the one making the claim. It's up to *you* to
    > prove that eCS will be "dead" on December 23, 2005.

    No, Erik, *you* are the one claiming eCS is alive. It's up to *you*
    to prove that eCS is alive today, July 23, 2005.

    > So, give us the name of an IBM or SSI contact who can verify that SSI
    > can *not* sell OS/2 when IBM stops selling it. Until then, you are
    > posting OS/2 shill nonsense. As usual. Until then, you lose. Again.

    So, you give us the name of the IBM or SSI contact who can
    verify that SSI *can* sell OS/2 when IBM stops selling it. Until then,
    you are posting eCS shill nonsense. As usual. Until then, you lose big
    time. Again.

    > But hey, at least you actually spelled everything correctly in the above
    > post. Good Boy, Eddie!

    But hey, you screwed up for the umpteenth time trying to disguise
    your identity Erik. What a wuss you are!

    The eCS Guy

  16. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    JimboJones768@gmail.com wrote:
    > All this fourm has been is bitching back and forth about how os/2 is
    > living/dead and ecs is living/dead.
    >
    > Isn't this fourm in place to keep OS/2 and eCS alive and kicking, not
    > to announce their deaths, but call out to the os community IBM's OS is
    > here to stay and live on.
    >
    > We are the the OS/2 breed.
    >
    > eCs Guy, if we wanted to hear about linux or bsd why would we be in an
    > os/2 ecs fourm?

    You can forget eCS. It's dead. OS/2 will live forever.

    The eCS Guy

  17. Re: Go With eComStation! OS/2 is the Past...eComStation is the future!

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >
    >> To prove your claim; Give me the name of an IBM contact who can verify
    >> booby will still be getting new licenses to sell after 12-23-05 -- and
    >> you
    >> win. Until then, you're posting ecs shill nonsense.

    But Erik, *you* are the one making the claim. It's up to *you* to
    prove that eCS is alive today, July 23, 2005.

    So, give us the name of an IBM or SSI contact who can verify
    that SSI *can* sell OS/2 when IBM stops selling it. Until then,
    you are posting eCS shill nonsense. As usual. Until then, you lose
    big time, you big Wuss.

    Buy hey, at least you know eCS is dead. Good Boy, Erik!

    The eCS Guy

  18. Re: Go With Linux, Forget OS/2

    Here in comp.os.os2.misc,
    Craig spake unto us, saying:

    >Linux is based on Minix that was a clone of Unix. Linux is essentially
    >a clone of Unix designed for the PC.

    FWIW -- Linux was inspired by Minix, but is not really "based" on it.

    >> So, which 40 year old OS are you referring to?
    >>

    >OK so it was 1969. Unix is an old design. Linux is based on a very old
    >design. It seems odd to me that the so called "OS to beat all OS's" is
    >a clone of a design first launched in 1971.

    Why? Most of the POSIX design specs on which Linux is based are API
    specifications, not formal blueprints for kernel or filesystem design,
    and so the actual OS internals can vary tremendously between different
    POSIX implementations.

    That's why FreeBSD and Linux can both be viewed as POSIX-like OSes and
    yet have very different approaches to process, memory, and filesystem
    management.

    FWIW, the mainframe OS I use at work (OS2200) is based on EXEC 8, an OS
    that ran UNIVAC 1108/1110 systems which is quite a bit older than Unix,
    and yet it's still the core platform on which a large number of critical
    airline applications are running.

    Of course, it hasn't been static during all that time, and many of its
    key subsystems have undergone significant development over the years.

    Still, though, @ASM source that was written in the mid 1960's can still
    be assembled and run on the system.

    Not all old designs are poor designs...

    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  19. Re: Go With Linux, Forget OS/2

    Jason Bowen wrote:
    > OK, so in your infinite Operating System wisdom, provide 10 examples of
    > design differences between Linux and OS/2 where OS/2 can quantitatively
    > be shown as faster(we'll use faster as the "better" metric). Surely you
    > aren't going on the argument that old design means worse and flawed are
    > you?

    PM and WPS beat X and any Linux desktop you could name. I believe OS/2
    threading is also superior.

  20. Re: Go With Linux, Forget OS/2

    Peter Flass wrote:
    > Jason Bowen wrote:
    >
    >> OK, so in your infinite Operating System wisdom, provide 10 examples
    >> of design differences between Linux and OS/2 where OS/2 can
    >> quantitatively be shown as faster(we'll use faster as the "better"
    >> metric). Surely you aren't going on the argument that old design
    >> means worse and flawed are you?

    > PM and WPS beat X and any Linux desktop you could name. I believe OS/2
    > threading is also superior.

    Beats X and Linux... maybe but it sure is easier to use than Linux desktops.

    What is threading in Linux - fork( )??? I am not sure but I looked at
    the fork stuff and I don't see the point.

    --
    M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014)

    IRC (MikeG):
    irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS

    OS/2 Stuff : http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/
    My OpenWatcom : http://members.cox.net/mikeos2/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2