Re: OS/2 - Preparation for the demise - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: OS/2 - Preparation for the demise - OS2 ; Peter Brown wrote: > Hi Hi Petey, again... > > letoured@nospam.net wrote: > >> In , on 07/16/2005 at 06:56 >> PM, Peter Brown said: >> >>> Hi Peter >> >>> Peter J Seymour wrote: >>> >>>> Following the IBM ...

  1. Re: OS/2 - Preparation for the demise

    Peter Brown wrote:
    > Hi

    Hi Petey, again...

    > letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >
    >> In , on 07/16/2005 at 06:56
    >> PM, Peter Brown said:
    >>
    >>> Hi Peter

    >>> IBM UK do not know what OS/2 is so I would not bother playing with
    >>> the IBM UK team.

    >>> Must admit that I have not bought the IBM Convenience Pack myself but
    >>> I think it should be possible until December 2005 when IBM withdraw it
    >>> from sale.

    >>> An alternative is ecomstation who have posted a brief response to the
    >>> IBM announcement called "eComStation in 2006 and Beyond"
    >>> http://www.ecomstation.com/news.phtm...20and%20Beyond

    >> Stop the ecs spamming -->unless you can show something from IBM saying
    >> they are going to be selling OS2 to anyone after Decemeber, they are not
    >> going to supply booby with licences. The announcement states support for
    >> enterprise customers can be purchased in some circumstances, but it does
    >> not state in anyway, shape or form that OS2 licences can be purchased.
    >> Period.
    >> booby st. john is lying to you people again, and you're falling for it.

    > Are you and Timmy really paid by Microsoft to troll these groups?

    This seems to be the mantra of the eCS Luser who refuses to accept
    the truth about his being ripped off by Serenity. You've been made
    out to be a complete fool Petey and your ego is so inflated you can't
    accept the truth. By the way, we're waiting for that objective review
    you are going to provide us all with regarding the power and beauty
    of "WiseMachine". Please, we're all waiting...

    > Must be galling to have to report to Bill that OS/2 will still be going
    > in the form of eComStation even when IBM stop selling it ;-)

    What must be galling is to realize all that money you invested
    in eComStation went down the gutter. Arghhh, huh?

    Tell us about WiseMachine.

    > I'm looking forward to the release of eComStation V2 at some point in
    > the near future - probably shortly after IBM stop selling OS/2.

    You were never known as a bright person Petey. Maybe you should
    send "The Boob" a double payment so he can put it in the piggy
    bank and eventually pay his Texas state taxes.

    > Guess you'll be looking to "upgrade" to WindowsXP V2and-a-bit around
    > then ;-)

    You won't *have* an upgrade. Serenity has no access to OS/2
    source code and you're currently running an older version of OS/2
    than Ed and myself are running by having a Passport Advantage
    Software Maintenance contract.

    We scoff at you Petey. Tell us about WiseMachine.

    >> -->For the fellow in GB who wants to buy OS2 4.52, post again with a
    >> email
    >> address, and I get you the name of someone in IBM to help you.

    > Doubt if you'll find anyone in IBM UK to help - the only guy in IBM UK
    > who knew about OS/2 retired years ago.

    People buy OS/2 in the UK all the time. You just don't want the
    world to know that because Serenity stole your money and you're
    pissed at the world.

    > I would have posted the "where to buy OS/2 from IBM" link but have no
    > idea what it is. Maybe you could post the link?

    Why? And have you whine about Ed posting spam?

  2. [FUD4] Re: OS/2 - Preparation for the demise

    Timmy

    You are getting over-excited again.

    Must be due to the fact that ecomstation will be selling OS/2 long after
    IBM stop ;-)

    Regards

    Pete

+ Reply to Thread