Re: OS/2 - Preparation for the demise - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: OS/2 - Preparation for the demise - OS2 ; Peter Brown wrote: > Hi Timmy Hi Petey > > The OS/2 Guy wrote: > >> Peter Brown wrote: >> >>> >>> An alternative is ecomstation who have posted a brief response to the >>> IBM announcement called "eComStation in ...

  1. Re: OS/2 - Preparation for the demise

    Peter Brown wrote:
    > Hi Timmy

    Hi Petey

    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Brown wrote:
    >>

    >>> An alternative is ecomstation who have posted a brief response to the
    >>> IBM announcement called "eComStation in 2006 and Beyond"
    >>> http://www.ecomstation.com/news.phtm...20and%20Beyond

    >> Such a purchase would be foolish and money down the
    >> drain for three very good reasons:
    >>
    >> (1) Serenity cannot sell any new licenses for OS/2
    >> beyond December 31, 2005. IBM has not renewed
    >> their OEM agreement beyond that date. If you
    >> bought eCS today (instead of buying OS/2 directly
    >> from IBM) you'd get an older version of OS/2 and
    >> you'll have to pay additional fees to get any OS/2
    >> updates, enhancements, drivers, etc., through the
    >> third party vendor, Serenity Systems. If Serenity
    >> Systems is unable to pony up the funds to purchase
    >> those upgrades on behalf of their eCS customers,
    >> you won't get them. You'll then have to wait until
    >> someone volunteers to rework them into the proprietary
    >> eCS product, beta test them for months on end, then
    >> live with the bugs caused by eComStation. And you
    >> are entirely dependent on Serenity and their one and
    >> only volunteer for these updates. Now, if you purchased
    >> a maintenance contract for $62 from IBM (Passport
    >> Advantage) you won't have to pay a thing for any
    >> items IBM generates for their large OS/2 Enterprise
    >> customers and they will install in OS/2 easily.

    > The above looks like your "normal" abnormal twaddle.

    So far that 'normal' twaddle has saved hundreds of OS/2
    users from making the mistake of dumping their money
    down the eComStation gutter. Thanks for the support.

    > Suggest you have a
    > read of the eCS statement

    About as hokey as they come. The eCS statement was
    written by the same guy who said he had no problem
    with Mensys illegally advertising eCS as "Warp 5" and
    marketed eCS with claims that "only Serenity can offer
    the Journaled File System ... WiseMachine is the killer
    app that can install OS/2 within 32 seconds..." and some
    38 false and misleading misnomer marketing statements.

    If you are stupid enough to believe them Petey then you
    sure has hell deserve what you get. You were well warned.

    > - not that Windows Users such as you are that
    > interested in the future of OS/2 and derivatives anyway.

    This is what destroys your credibility - post false claims
    publicly against a *real* OS/2 user. You have nothing
    to back up your claim and couldn't prove it if you had to.

    Thanks for revealing your lack of total credibility.

    >> (2) You'd be risking your personal and confidential
    >> information, such as your credit card numbers,
    >> name, social security number, billing address
    >> and anything else of a personal nature that the
    >> distributor of eCS requires of you. This is because
    >> the owner of eCS (Bob St. John) has already
    >> demonstrated his willingness to illegally post that
    >> type of information in public forums. For *that* reason
    >> alone you should avoid the purchase of eCS or
    >> any other item from the distributor, Mensys of The
    >> Netherlands (St. John has access to their records
    >> and reveals the personal information on those
    >> records in public forums.).

    > More Twaddle.

    More truth you don't want to accept except you have
    to now that "The Boob" has actually done this. You
    now sit there with the fact in the back of your wee brain
    asking yourself, "is my personal data safe? He wouldn't
    do it to me, would he???"

    >> (3) eComStation simply doesn't work. As a licensed
    >> user of every release of eCS, it has failed to work
    >> as advertised. You would be wasting nearly $1,000
    >> which is the cost Serenity eventually pulls out of you.
    >> They do this by piece-mealing you to death. It doesn't
    >> work? Did you get the latest updates? Go back to
    >> Mensys and get them (for $99). It won't install? Did
    >> you get the downloaded version or the hard copy on
    >> CD? Go back to Mensys and order the hard copy
    >> CD version (another $99). The piece-meal game
    >> never ends and just when you think it does, Serenity
    >> announces a "refresh" is available then posts another
    >> marketing propaganda that promises to give you the
    >> "killer application". That killer is dead. It was originally
    >> introduced as "WiseMachine" and was supposed to
    >> install eComStation within 32seconds and be available
    >> to install every application in mere seconds.
    >>

    > And yet more Twaddle.

    I thank you for avoiding the truth. How is WiseMachine
    working for you? Please, offer us all an objective few
    so we can be dazzled by your brilliance.

    > Timmy, keep taking the pills :-)

    You have me confused with Dink.

  2. Re: OS/2 - Preparation for the demise

    Hi Timmy

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
> [...]

    >>> They do this by piece-mealing you to death. It doesn't
    >>> work? Did you get the latest updates? Go back to
    >>> Mensys and get them (for $99). It won't install? Did
    >>> you get the downloaded version or the hard copy on
    >>> CD? Go back to Mensys and order the hard copy
    >>> CD version (another $99). The piece-meal game
    >>> never ends and just when you think it does, Serenity
    >>> announces a "refresh" is available then posts another
    >>> marketing propaganda that promises to give you the
    >>> "killer application". That killer is dead. It was originally
    >>> introduced as "WiseMachine" and was supposed to
    >>> install eComStation within 32seconds and be available
    >>> to install every application in mere seconds.
    >>>

    >> And yet more Twaddle.

    > I thank you for avoiding the truth. How is WiseMachine
    > working for you? Please, offer us all an objective few
    > so we can be dazzled by your brilliance.

    Timmy, you post so much twaddle. Some of it is exceedingly funny - but
    only accidentally.

    Hence the following advice:-

    >> Timmy, keep taking the pills :-)

    > You have me confused with Dink.

    I think not Timmy.

    To digress slightly: As IBM are now backing linux I guess you and your
    friend will soon be leaving these newsgroups to annoy linux users?

    Regards

    Pete

  3. Re: OS/2 - Preparation for the demise

    Peter Brown wrote:

    > I think not Timmy.
    >
    > To digress slightly: As IBM are now backing linux I guess you and your
    > friend will soon be leaving these newsgroups to annoy linux users?

    I wonder if he'll change his handle to "The Linux Guy"?

    The eCS Guy

  4. Re: OS/2 - Preparation for the demise

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Peter Brown wrote:
    >

    >> I think not Timmy.
    >>
    >> To digress slightly: As IBM are now backing linux I guess you and your
    >> friend will soon be leaving these newsgroups to annoy linux users?
    >>

    > I wonder if he'll change his handle to "The Linux Guy"?
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    Well, he stole the name OS/2 guy from Doug Azzarito, an IBM employee who
    wrote a book on how to get the most out of OS/2 Warp in the early days.
    He better watch out in the Linux group, there are a lot of "guys"
    there who will eat him alive! Those are some seriously deranged dudes
    in Linux groups.

  5. Re: OS/2 - Preparation for the demise

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Peter Brown wrote:
    >

    >> I think not Timmy.
    >>
    >> To digress slightly: As IBM are now backing linux I guess you and your
    >> friend will soon be leaving these newsgroups to annoy linux users?
    >>

    > I wonder if he'll change his handle to "The Linux Guy"?
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    Or maybe a "weird" ASCII symbol, followed by a little explanation....

    (Best Viewed with Mon-Spaced Fonts)

    /// \\\\\\
    /// // \\ \\
    /// // // \\ \\
    /// // // // \\
    /////////// /// \\
    //////////// /// \\ \\\ \\ \\
    // // // // \\ \\ \\ \\
    // // // // \\ \\ \\ \\
    // //// // \\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\
    \\
    \\
    \\
    \\
    \\ \\
    \\ \\
    \\ \\
    \\\\\\

    "The Annoyance, I mean, Artist formerly known as Prince."

    MarkO, Warp ACP, Warp 4.0, Warp 3.0, OS/2 2.11 User.

  6. Re: OS/2 - Preparation for the demise

    Mark D. Overholser wrote:
    > The eCS Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Brown wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I think not Timmy.
    >>>
    >>> To digress slightly: As IBM are now backing linux I guess you and
    >>> your friend will soon be leaving these newsgroups to annoy linux users?
    >>>

    >> I wonder if he'll change his handle to "The Linux Guy"?
    >>
    >> The eCS Guy

    > Or maybe a "weird" ASCII symbol, followed by a little explanation....

    No, that would be you. Ed and Tim will go to their graves using OS/2.

    The eCS Guy

+ Reply to Thread