APM not working - OS2

This is a discussion on APM not working - OS2 ; When I check the powerobject in system setup, it says support level 0.0. The drivers are in the correct places and it is right in the config.sys. I get no errors when it boots. So I think the drivers are ...

  1. APM not working

    When I check the powerobject in system setup, it says support level
    0.0. The drivers are in the correct places and it is right in the
    config.sys. I get no errors when it boots. So I think the drivers are
    loaded. What else do I need to make it work?

    Anders

    --

  2. Re: APM not working

    Anders wrote:

    > When I check the powerobject in system setup, it says support level
    > 0.0.

    doing
    rmview /d | find "APM"

    should return
    Driver: E:\OS2\BOOT\APM.SYS - Non-Resource manager aware device
    driver

    --
    Veit Kannegieser

  3. Re: APM not working

    On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 10:51:21 UTC, "Veit Kannegieser"
    wrote:

    > Anders wrote:
    >
    > > When I check the powerobject in system setup, it says support level
    > > 0.0.

    > doing
    > rmview /d | find "APM"
    >
    > should return
    > Driver: E:\OS2\BOOT\APM.SYS - Non-Resource manager aware device
    > driver

    Yes I get that and in dektop/properties/xshutdown I get apm level 0.0
    and apm.sys version 10.070. Should the devicecommands in config.sys
    come in some special order or...

    Anders

    --

  4. Re: APM not working

    Sir:

    m8735@abc.se wrote:
    > On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 10:51:21 UTC, "Veit Kannegieser"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Anders wrote:
    >>
    >>> When I check the powerobject in system setup, it says support
    >>> level 0.0.

    >> doing rmview /d | find "APM"
    >>
    >> should return Driver: E:\OS2\BOOT\APM.SYS - Non-Resource manager
    >> aware device driver
    >>

    > Yes I get that and in dektop/properties/xshutdown I get apm level 0.0
    > and apm.sys version 10.070. Should the devicecommands in config.sys
    > come in some special order or...

    I am using a modified version of APM driver from 8233cooling package
    that controls the fan speed.
    But this is my config.sys entries.
    DEVICE=C:\OS2\BOOT\APM_NH.SYS
    DEVICE=C:\OS2\BOOT\VIAAPM.SYS
    CALL=C:\OS2\BOOT\APMCTRL.EXE /RESET
    REM DEVICE=C:\OS2\BOOT\APM.SYS
    RUN=C:\OS2\APMDAEMN.EXE

    There exist no dependencies for APM.sys in config.sys, except it should
    not be the first driver (unicode.sys should be the first statement in
    config.sys). I would put it in the middle of my (manually sorted) OS/2
    drivers, just before the pointdd.sys driver and somewhere after
    testcfg.sys (only because that is the relative position that the
    installer uses, if you select to install it).
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  5. Re: APM not working

    On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 04:17:20 UTC, "William L. Hartzell"
    wrote:

    > Sir:
    >
    > m8735@abc.se wrote:
    > > On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 10:51:21 UTC, "Veit Kannegieser"
    > > wrote:

    > >> doing rmview /d | find "APM"
    > >>
    > >> should return Driver: E:\OS2\BOOT\APM.SYS - Non-Resource manager
    > >> aware device driver
    > >>

    > > Yes I get that and in dektop/properties/xshutdown I get apm level 0.0
    > > and apm.sys version 10.070. Should the devicecommands in config.sys
    > > come in some special order or...
    > >

    > I am using a modified version of APM driver from 8233cooling package
    > that controls the fan speed.
    > But this is my config.sys entries.
    > DEVICE=C:\OS2\BOOT\APM_NH.SYS
    > DEVICE=C:\OS2\BOOT\VIAAPM.SYS
    > CALL=C:\OS2\BOOT\APMCTRL.EXE /RESET
    > REM DEVICE=C:\OS2\BOOT\APM.SYS
    > RUN=C:\OS2\APMDAEMN.EXE
    >
    > There exist no dependencies for APM.sys in config.sys, except it should
    > not be the first driver (unicode.sys should be the first statement in
    > config.sys). I would put it in the middle of my (manually sorted) OS/2
    > drivers, just before the pointdd.sys driver and somewhere after
    > testcfg.sys (only because that is the relative position that the
    > installer uses, if you select to install it).

    Tnx! Found 823xcool.zip on hobbes. That makes the hlt work. But it is
    still ver 0.0. My motherboard is a via kt600 which is not supported. I
    guess I have too close my computer the oldfashioned way.

    Anders

    --

  6. Re: APM not working

    Have you got RUN=x:\os2\boot\apmdaemn.exe as well?

    m8735@abc.se wrote:
    > When I check the powerobject in system setup, it says support level
    > 0.0. The drivers are in the correct places and it is right in the
    > config.sys. I get no errors when it boots. So I think the drivers are
    > loaded. What else do I need to make it work?
    >
    > Anders

  7. Re: APM not working

    On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 08:41:45 UTC, Bob McLellan wrote:

    > Have you got RUN=x:\os2\boot\apmdaemn.exe as well?

    Yes I do.

    Anders

    -

+ Reply to Thread