Install Warp from CD only? - OS2

This is a discussion on Install Warp from CD only? - OS2 ; Its a while since I installed from scratch but I want to do a new install now. How can it be done from CD only? I'm installing on a machine with no floppy. Is there a bootable CD image somewhere? ...

  1. Install Warp from CD only?

    Its a while since I installed from scratch but I want to do a new
    install now. How can it be done from CD only? I'm installing on a
    machine with no floppy. Is there a bootable CD image somewhere?

    Craig

  2. Re: Install Warp from CD only?

    Sir:

    Craig wrote:
    > Its a while since I installed from scratch but I want to do a new
    > install now. How can it be done from CD only? I'm installing on a
    > machine with no floppy. Is there a bootable CD image somewhere?

    Not legal to share copies of Warp or Warp 4. MCP and later versions has
    bootable CDs.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  3. Re: Install Warp from CD only?

    On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 20:42:32 UTC, Craig
    wrote:

    > Its a while since I installed from scratch but I want to do a new
    > install now. How can it be done from CD only? I'm installing on a
    > machine with no floppy. Is there a bootable CD image somewhere?
    >
    > Craig

    You can make a bootable Warp 4 CD using the UpdCD program

    http://xenia.sote.hu/~kadzsol/rexx/sajat/updcd.htm

    --
    Lorne Sunley

  4. Re: Install Warp from CD only?

    Lorne Sunley wrote:
    > On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 20:42:32 UTC, Craig
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Its a while since I installed from scratch but I want to do a new
    >>install now. How can it be done from CD only? I'm installing on a
    >>machine with no floppy. Is there a bootable CD image somewhere?
    >>
    >>Craig

    > You can make a bootable Warp 4 CD using the UpdCD program
    >
    > http://xenia.sote.hu/~kadzsol/rexx/sajat/updcd.htm

    Thanks Lorne I'll give it a whirl. Testing VMWare 5.0. Someone
    reckoned OS/2 installs and runs on it so I'll try and report back.

    Craig

  5. Re: Install Warp from CD only?

    Thanks, I'd love to hear the results.

    Craig wrote:
    > Lorne Sunley wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 20:42:32 UTC, Craig
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Its a while since I installed from scratch but I want to do a new
    >>> install now. How can it be done from CD only? I'm installing on a
    >>> machine with no floppy. Is there a bootable CD image somewhere?
    >>>
    >>> Craig

    >> You can make a bootable Warp 4 CD using the UpdCD program
    >>
    >> http://xenia.sote.hu/~kadzsol/rexx/sajat/updcd.htm
    >>

    > Thanks Lorne I'll give it a whirl. Testing VMWare 5.0. Someone
    > reckoned OS/2 installs and runs on it so I'll try and report back.
    >
    > Craig

+ Reply to Thread