MCP / OO/ NVC problems - OS2

This is a discussion on MCP / OO/ NVC problems - OS2 ; Don't know if this is a Norman Virus control update bogie or what. Ever since I installed Openoffice 1.1.4 on my MCP with 500 MB RAM, 1.5 GHz AMD Athlon box, I get this message at bootup: REGISTRY.DLL 0001:0000dc0c ---------------------------- ...

  1. MCP / OO/ NVC problems

    Don't know if this is a Norman Virus control update bogie or what. Ever
    since I installed Openoffice 1.1.4 on my MCP with 500 MB RAM, 1.5 GHz
    AMD Athlon box, I get this message at bootup:
    REGISTRY.DLL 0001:0000dc0c
    ----------------------------
    SYS3175 PID 0026 TID 001 Slot 0065
    J:\Norman\NVC\BIN\NYMSE.EXE
    c0000005
    lf3bdc0c
    P1=00000001 P2=000000e6
    [I'll type the rest if it will help].

    Anyone know what causes this or how to fix it?

    Also, I say mention of USB drivers newer than Chris W.'s. Where to
    acquire? I don't see any newer ones on Hobbes.I can't get my 1 GB USB
    key to work, though a couple of other keys work fine.

    Thanks,

  2. Re: MCP / OO/ NVC problems

    Giblet wrote:
    > Don't know if this is a Norman Virus control update bogie or what. Ever
    > since I installed Openoffice 1.1.4 on my MCP with 500 MB RAM, 1.5 GHz
    > AMD Athlon box, I get this message at bootup:
    > REGISTRY.DLL 0001:0000dc0c

    It recalls an issue I had a little while back. I happened upon a Voice
    article
    catching my attention with "NUTS" in the title, and while having a
    laugh at the
    presentation, I did get a fix from the author's notes.
    See here:
    http://www.os2voice.org/vnl/past_iss...4H/vnewsf2.htm

    Hope it helps,
    cass