Can't print ... from some applications only - OS2

This is a discussion on Can't print ... from some applications only - OS2 ; Hello folks, I can't print to my HP LJ1100 from OpenOffice.org, Acrobat Reader 3 or Acrobat Reader 4. Jobs appear in the printer's window, but with a wee red circle with diagonal line through it in the icon, which does ...

  1. Can't print ... from some applications only

    Hello folks,

    I can't print to my HP LJ1100 from OpenOffice.org, Acrobat Reader 3 or
    Acrobat Reader 4. Jobs appear in the printer's window, but with a wee
    red circle with diagonal line through it in the icon, which does not
    look good. This has survived two reboots fo computer and printer.

    I can, however, print from IBM works, PMMail and Firefox. I find this
    puzzling.

    Any bright ideas? eCS 1.2, by the way.

    Ian
    --

  2. Re: Can't print ... from some applications only

    Ian Johnston wrote:
    > Hello folks,
    >
    > I can't print to my HP LJ1100 from OpenOffice.org, Acrobat Reader 3 or
    > Acrobat Reader 4. Jobs appear in the printer's window, but with a wee
    > red circle with diagonal line through it in the icon, which does not
    > look good. This has survived two reboots fo computer and printer.
    >
    > I can, however, print from IBM works, PMMail and Firefox. I find this
    > puzzling.
    >
    > Any bright ideas? eCS 1.2, by the way.
    >
    > Ian

    I ran into this with Acrobat 4. There was a difference in paper size
    with the application and the printer settings notebook.
    I'm not sure but I think in Acrobat 4 you have to select File then Page
    Setup. there is a box there to select page size. ISTR Acrobat installed
    with A4 selected. The printer settings were letter. I changed the A4
    to letter and it worked. I nearly went crazy trying to figure that one
    out. All kind of strange things happen with some DOZ ports.

    Jon

  3. Re: Can't print ... from some applications only

    You should right-click on the printer job and choose properties. On the
    frontpage of the notebook there are a field called job status. In that
    field the reason for the not to print is listed.

    Henrik

    Ian Johnston wrote:
    > Hello folks,
    >
    > I can't print to my HP LJ1100 from OpenOffice.org, Acrobat Reader 3 or
    > Acrobat Reader 4. Jobs appear in the printer's window, but with a wee
    > red circle with diagonal line through it in the icon, which does not
    > look good. This has survived two reboots fo computer and printer.
    >
    > I can, however, print from IBM works, PMMail and Firefox. I find this
    > puzzling.
    >
    > Any bright ideas? eCS 1.2, by the way.
    >
    > Ian

  4. Re: Can't print ... from some applications only

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 07:35:17 UTC, Henrik Pedersen
    wrote:

    : You should right-click on the printer job and choose properties. On the
    : frontpage of the notebook there are a field called job status. In that
    : field the reason for the not to print is listed.

    And paper size it was ("forms mismatch"). Thanks for the suggestions,
    everyone.

    Ian