OS/2 on older Sony VAIO PCG-Z505S? - OS2

This is a discussion on OS/2 on older Sony VAIO PCG-Z505S? - OS2 ; Has anyone ever installed OS/2 on an older Sony VAIO PCG-Z505S and what all did you have to do to get it to work? How well? This one has a mini docking adapter with it and no internal removable media. ...

  1. OS/2 on older Sony VAIO PCG-Z505S?

    Has anyone ever installed OS/2 on an older Sony VAIO PCG-Z505S and what
    all did you have to do to get it to work? How well? This one has a
    mini docking adapter with it and no internal removable media. I'd have
    to dog up a USB C-ROM to even give this a try, but might be interesting
    if it would work. 330Mhz CP and 64MB of memory plus some 6GB of hard
    drive is on it at present with WIN-98. But of course Doze would get to
    permanently go away if this could be done.

    Thanks!

    --

    --> Sleep well; OS2's still awake!

    Mike Luther

  2. Re: OS/2 on older Sony VAIO PCG-Z505S?

    I just finished installing MS-DOS and WIN2K on a PCG-SR17 with no
    removable media. I then installed an OS/2 bootloader to manage it and
    all tolled, it was a tricky operation as the BIOS didn't support
    booting from a USB CD-ROM. What I finally had to do was put the hard
    drive into another laptop with a floppy drive to install DOS and copy
    the I386 folder. I then replaced the drive and installed 2000.
    Finally, in 2000, I installed the bootloader onto the MS-DOS partition
    (pri-1).

    Hope this helps,
    Daniel Sandoval

+ Reply to Thread