Received an email yesterday from an OS/2 user in
Portland, Oregon, upset that Staples' "Delivery Center"
called to report they were unable to deliver on his
HP Color LaserJet 2550L purchased on Sunday evening.
At the time of purchase Staples said they had sold out
but would receive a new shipment within 24 hours.
The "Center" reported the warehouse was empty, no
delivery could be made and his credit card would be
refunded.

I called a Staples store in Tualatin, Oregon, not far from
Portland and they reported "we have one left". I explained
the situation and the manager agreed to ship the printer
to the Portland store if the buyer would fax him a copy of
his receipt.

The OS/2 user did just that and reported today the Portland
Staples called to say they "found" the printer at another
store and would have it delivered for pickup by the OS/2
user on Thursday (tomorrow).

Staples is obviously running out of printer stock but if you
'look around' you can probably locate one. Shipping from
store to store is free, all you'll have to do is pick it up!