installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p - OS2

This is a discussion on installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p - OS2 ; I've read postings in which OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42 has been discussed. Also, IBM still provides some drivers for OS/2 on the T series. But how does one go about installing OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42p? The machine has ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

  1. installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    I've read postings in which OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42 has been discussed.
    Also, IBM still provides some drivers for OS/2 on the T series.

    But how does one go about installing OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42p? The
    machine has more than 512 MB of memory, therefore one cannot install
    directly from the CD. One must first make three installation diskettes,
    change a couple of files to include fixes for machines with more than
    512 MB of memory, and boot from floppy. But the T42p doesn't have a
    floppy drive. Now, it does have a USB floppy drive, however, so by
    adding USB support to diskette 1, according the instructions given in
    the USB packages, one would think that it would work. But just after
    it loads the IBM1S506.ADD driver, OS/2 complains that it can't operate
    the hard disk or diskette.

    Right now the only thing I can think of is that the number of BASEDEV
    statements is insufficient. There should be one for each type of
    controller, but one needs to run the HCIMONIT utility to determine
    that information, but that requires OS/2 to already be running, but
    one needs to install OS/2 first before HCIMONIT can be run. I know
    the machine supports Enhanced Host Controllers, so at a minimum, I
    added that one controller statement to CONFIG.SYS, though I expect
    that there should be others. But would that explain why the OS/2
    installation process can't operate the hard disk or diskette?

  2. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    > I've read postings in which OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42 has been discussed.
    > Also, IBM still provides some drivers for OS/2 on the T series.

    Is any of the RAM on a SODIMM? If so, could you workaround the problem
    by removing the chip, installing eCS, patching, and then reinstalling
    the RAM?

    Stuart

  3. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 14:25:54 UTC, Stuart Gray
    wrote:

    -> tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    -> > I've read postings in which OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42 has been discussed.
    -> > Also, IBM still provides some drivers for OS/2 on the T series.
    -> >
    ->
    ->
    -> Is any of the RAM on a SODIMM? If so, could you workaround the problem
    -> by removing the chip, installing eCS, patching, and then reinstalling
    -> the RAM?
    ->

    With eCS 1.2 I had no problem installing on a T42p (model 2373-X41)
    with 2 GB of RAM installed.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2005, Where?/When? Stay tuned to - http://www.warpstock.org

  4. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    > I've read postings in which OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42 has been discussed.
    > Also, IBM still provides some drivers for OS/2 on the T series.
    >
    > But how does one go about installing OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42p? The
    > machine has more than 512 MB of memory, therefore one cannot install
    > directly from the CD. One must first make three installation diskettes,
    > change a couple of files to include fixes for machines with more than
    > 512 MB of memory, and boot from floppy.

    The Warp '4.52 refresh' CDs have the updated files for > 512mb of memory
    on a Pentium system so they should boot directly from the CD-ROM drive.
    I don't know about the T42 specifically but it is impossible to boot
    OS/2 on the T40 from a USB floppy drive (although the USB floppy is
    usable for everything other than booting) and I believe the same
    hardware restriction exists on the T42. If you want to install from a
    floppy on the T42, you would probably have to get a docking station with
    a floppy drive included and then install while docked.

    > But the T42p doesn't have a
    > floppy drive. Now, it does have a USB floppy drive, however, so by
    > adding USB support to diskette 1, according the instructions given in
    > the USB packages, one would think that it would work. But just after
    > it loads the IBM1S506.ADD driver, OS/2 complains that it can't operate
    > the hard disk or diskette.

    Yes, AFAIK, you can't boot OS/2 from a USB floppy.

    > Right now the only thing I can think of is that the number of BASEDEV
    > statements is insufficient. There should be one for each type of
    > controller, but one needs to run the HCIMONIT utility to determine
    > that information, but that requires OS/2 to already be running, but
    > one needs to install OS/2 first before HCIMONIT can be run. I know
    > the machine supports Enhanced Host Controllers, so at a minimum, I
    > added that one controller statement to CONFIG.SYS, though I expect
    > that there should be others. But would that explain why the OS/2
    > installation process can't operate the hard disk or diskette?

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and IBM Web Browser v2.0.4

  5. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 15:39:44 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.misc, "David T.
    Johnson" wrote:

    > AFAIK, you can't boot OS/2 from a USB floppy.

    You can and I have done so on a Thinkpad A30. There's a weird BIOS USB
    setting that needs to be on the right value to make it work or it ends
    up in the infamous 'cannot operate' message. There are other ways of
    getting that message too so it might not be that setting in particular.

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK.
    Trevor-Hemsley at dsl dot pipex dot com

  6. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    > I've read postings in which OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42 has been discussed.
    > Also, IBM still provides some drivers for OS/2 on the T series.
    >
    > But how does one go about installing OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42p? The
    > machine has more than 512 MB of memory, therefore one cannot install
    > directly from the CD.

    Have you tried using UpdateCD to create an .. well .. updated cd?

    I created a bootable Warp4 FP15 installation CD with the newest
    kernel using UpdateCD. Made it possible to install OS/2 on my, then, new
    computer.

  7. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    David T. Johnson writes:

    >> I've read postings in which OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42 has been discussed.
    >> Also, IBM still provides some drivers for OS/2 on the T series.
    >>
    >> But how does one go about installing OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42p? The
    >> machine has more than 512 MB of memory, therefore one cannot install
    >> directly from the CD. One must first make three installation diskettes,
    >> change a couple of files to include fixes for machines with more than
    >> 512 MB of memory, and boot from floppy.

    > The Warp '4.52 refresh' CDs have the updated files for > 512mb of memory
    > on a Pentium system so they should boot directly from the CD-ROM drive.

    I don't have the refresh CD.

  8. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    Mark Dodel writes:

    > Stuart Gray wrote:

    >>> I've read postings in which OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42 has been discussed.
    >>> Also, IBM still provides some drivers for OS/2 on the T series.

    >> Is any of the RAM on a SODIMM? If so, could you workaround the problem
    >> by removing the chip, installing eCS, patching, and then reinstalling
    >> the RAM?

    > With eCS 1.2 I had no problem installing on a T42p (model 2373-X41)
    > with 2 GB of RAM installed.

    I don't have eCS 1.2, but rather MCP2.

  9. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    Stuart Gray writes:

    >> I've read postings in which OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42 has been discussed.
    >> Also, IBM still provides some drivers for OS/2 on the T series.

    > Is any of the RAM on a SODIMM? If so, could you workaround the problem
    > by removing the chip, installing eCS, patching, and then reinstalling
    > the RAM?

    I think the base GB has been expanded to 2 GB with an SODIMM, but
    removing it won't drop the total to 512 MB, so that trick won't
    work. Had already thought about it.

  10. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 19:26:15 UTC, tholen@antispam.ham wrote:

    -> I don't have eCS 1.2, but rather MCP2.
    ->

    I would think MCP2 would boot from the CDROM since eCS 1.2 is based
    on that.

    If you are trying to use an updated floppy, make sure you have a late
    os2krnl(isn't os2krln on the installation diskette? Its been years
    since I used boot floppies. I may be installing Warp4 on a GL300 for
    Warpstock though.) and os2ldr on them. Also in the BIOS make sure you
    have Config->USB->"USB BIOS Support" enabled and that Startup->"1. USB
    FDD"

    Mark

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2005, Where?/When? Stay tuned to - http://www.warpstock.org

  11. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    Mark Dodel wrote:
    > On Thu, 12 May 2005 19:26:15 UTC, tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    >
    > -> I don't have eCS 1.2, but rather MCP2.
    > ->
    >
    > I would think MCP2 would boot from the CDROM since eCS 1.2 is based
    > on that.

    The first release of 'MCP2' had a bug that prevented it from booting on
    Pentium systems with more than 512 MB of installed memory. IBM released
    a fixpack for the problem and then released a 'Warp 4.52 refresh'
    version update that had corrected CDs. The bottom line is that the
    original Warp 4.52 CDs will not boot on Pentium systems with more than
    512mb of memory the the 'Warp 4.52 Refresh' rerelease that came out a
    few months later *will* boot.

    > If you are trying to use an updated floppy, make sure you have a late
    > os2krnl(isn't os2krln on the installation diskette? Its been years
    > since I used boot floppies. I may be installing Warp4 on a GL300 for
    > Warpstock though.) and os2ldr on them. Also in the BIOS make sure you
    > have Config->USB->"USB BIOS Support" enabled and that Startup->"1. USB
    > FDD"

    My T40 will not boot OS/2 on a USB floppy drive when those settings are
    set as you describe above. The first and second diskettes boot okay but
    the third diskette starts and then gives the 'cannot operate the hard
    drive' error. Google suggests that every other T40 owner experienced
    the same problem and that there is no fix for it. Since the T42 is very
    similar to the T40, I doubt that it will boot OS/2 from floppys either.

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and IBM Web Browser v2.0.4

  12. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    > David T. Johnson writes:
    >

    >>>I've read postings in which OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42 has been discussed.
    >>>Also, IBM still provides some drivers for OS/2 on the T series.
    >>>
    >>>But how does one go about installing OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42p? The
    >>>machine has more than 512 MB of memory, therefore one cannot install
    >>>directly from the CD. One must first make three installation diskettes,
    >>>change a couple of files to include fixes for machines with more than
    >>>512 MB of memory, and boot from floppy.

    >>The Warp '4.52 refresh' CDs have the updated files for > 512mb of memory
    >>on a Pentium system so they should boot directly from the CD-ROM drive.

    > I don't have the refresh CD.

    If you get the 'media pack' from IBM it will have the refreshed Warp
    4.52 CDs as well as CDs for Warp 4, Warp 4.51, and the bonus pack,
    application sampler, and whatever else was released. IBM charges $20 or
    $30 for the package. Alternatively, you could contact IBM and request
    the refreshed CDs by themselves. IBM was sending those out at no charge
    at one time but may have ended that now but it never hurts to try.

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and IBM Web Browser v2.0.4

  13. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    > I've read postings in which OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42 has been discussed.
    > Also, IBM still provides some drivers for OS/2 on the T series.
    >
    > But how does one go about installing OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42p? The
    > machine has more than 512 MB of memory, therefore one cannot install
    > directly from the CD. One must first make three installation diskettes,
    > change a couple of files to include fixes for machines with more than
    > 512 MB of memory, and boot from floppy. But the T42p doesn't have a
    > floppy drive. Now, it does have a USB floppy drive, however, so by
    > adding USB support to diskette 1, according the instructions given in
    > the USB packages, one would think that it would work. But just after
    > it loads the IBM1S506.ADD driver, OS/2 complains that it can't operate
    > the hard disk or diskette.
    >
    > Right now the only thing I can think of is that the number of BASEDEV
    > statements is insufficient. There should be one for each type of
    > controller, but one needs to run the HCIMONIT utility to determine
    > that information, but that requires OS/2 to already be running, but
    > one needs to install OS/2 first before HCIMONIT can be run. I know
    > the machine supports Enhanced Host Controllers, so at a minimum, I
    > added that one controller statement to CONFIG.SYS, though I expect
    > that there should be others. But would that explain why the OS/2
    > installation process can't operate the hard disk or diskette?

    Dave, I installed OS/2 Warp 4.52 on a T41 with 2GIG of RAM
    using the Warp 4.52Install CD. If you don't have the latest and
    have a PA subscription simply go to your PA account and
    place a request online for the Warp 4.52 CDs. IBM ships them
    via two day AirBorne express along with ALL the latest updates
    and releases as well as updated floppy disks should they be
    of value or needed.

    I was never able to get eCS v1.1 or the latest v1.2 to install
    on a T30, T40 or T41 'as advertised' (insert install CD). When
    requesting assistance the advice was to resort to making
    updated install floppies and the time/effort was simply not
    worth it. OTOH, using the latest refresh Warp 4.52 Install CD
    received from IBM PA worked beautifully and OS/2 was
    installed within 20 minutes. IBM officially supports OS/2
    Warp 45.2 on the T30, T40 and T41. I don't know if IBM
    officially supports OS/2 on the T42.

  14. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    > David T. Johnson writes:
    >

    >>>I've read postings in which OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42 has been discussed.
    >>>Also, IBM still provides some drivers for OS/2 on the T series.
    >>>
    >>>But how does one go about installing OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42p? The
    >>>machine has more than 512 MB of memory, therefore one cannot install
    >>>directly from the CD. One must first make three installation diskettes,
    >>>change a couple of files to include fixes for machines with more than
    >>>512 MB of memory, and boot from floppy.

    >>The Warp '4.52 refresh' CDs have the updated files for > 512mb of memory
    >>on a Pentium system so they should boot directly from the CD-ROM drive.

    > I don't have the refresh CD.

    I know you have a license for Warp 4.52. I would be happy to
    send them to you.

  15. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    >
    >> I've read postings in which OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42 has been discussed.
    >> Also, IBM still provides some drivers for OS/2 on the T series.
    >>
    >> But how does one go about installing OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42p? The
    >> machine has more than 512 MB of memory, therefore one cannot install
    >> directly from the CD. One must first make three installation diskettes,
    >> change a couple of files to include fixes for machines with more than
    >> 512 MB of memory, and boot from floppy. But the T42p doesn't have a
    >> floppy drive. Now, it does have a USB floppy drive, however, so by
    >> adding USB support to diskette 1, according the instructions given in
    >> the USB packages, one would think that it would work. But just after
    >> it loads the IBM1S506.ADD driver, OS/2 complains that it can't operate
    >> the hard disk or diskette.
    >>
    >> Right now the only thing I can think of is that the number of BASEDEV
    >> statements is insufficient. There should be one for each type of
    >> controller, but one needs to run the HCIMONIT utility to determine
    >> that information, but that requires OS/2 to already be running, but
    >> one needs to install OS/2 first before HCIMONIT can be run. I know
    >> the machine supports Enhanced Host Controllers, so at a minimum, I
    >> added that one controller statement to CONFIG.SYS, though I expect
    >> that there should be others. But would that explain why the OS/2
    >> installation process can't operate the hard disk or diskette?
    >>

    > Dave, I installed OS/2 Warp 4.52 on a T41 with 2GIG of RAM
    > using the Warp 4.52Install CD. If you don't have the latest and
    > have a PA subscription simply go to your PA account and
    > place a request online for the Warp 4.52 CDs. IBM ships them
    > via two day AirBorne express along with ALL the latest updates
    > and releases as well as updated floppy disks should they be
    > of value or needed.

    I should add here that you can download the latest refresh
    (rather than have it shipped to you) with a PA subscription.

    As long as you have a Warp 4.52 license (and you do) then
    another licensee can provide you with a backup copy of
    the refresh release on CD via mail or online for download.
    Email me and I can make it available to you for download
    if that would be faster for you.

  16. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    David T. Johnson wrote:
    > tholen@antispam.ham wrote:

    >>> The Warp '4.52 refresh' CDs have the updated files for > 512mb of
    >>> memory on a Pentium system so they should boot directly from the
    >>> CD-ROM drive.

    >> I don't have the refresh CD.
    >>

    > If you get the 'media pack' from IBM it will have the refreshed Warp
    > 4.52 CDs as well as CDs for Warp 4, Warp 4.51, and the bonus pack,
    > application sampler, and whatever else was released. IBM charges $20 or
    > $30 for the package. Alternatively, you could contact IBM and request
    > the refreshed CDs by themselves. IBM was sending those out at no charge
    > at one time but may have ended that now but it never hurts to try.

    IBM has never charged me for the 'media pack' or the refreshes.
    When I renewed my PA subscription I wanted to make sure I had
    the latest Warp 4.52 release and all the updates I went to the
    PA site, signed on, and marked the box for the latest release
    "Warp 4 v4.52 Convenience Pack". The next screen gave me
    the option of downloading directly or having the CDs shipped to
    me. I wanted hard copies and opted for the shipping method.
    Two days later a package arrived "OS/2 Warp V4 Eng CD Media Pk"
    P/N: 84H6327, W/O: G1290136 Release: 4 Language: US English.

    The package consisted of:

    Convenience Package for OS/2 Warp 4 Version 4.51 Installation CD
    Convenience Package for OS/2 Warp 4 Version 4.51
    Convenience Package for OS/2 Warp 4 Version 4.52 Installation CD
    Convenience Package for OS/2 Warp 4 Version 4.52
    IBM Software Choice for ... VOLUME 9 CD-ROM 1 & 2
    IBM Web Browser, Version 2.0.4
    IBM OS/2 Warp Developer Kit Java
    OS/2 Warp 4 BonusPak
    OS/2 Warp Installation [Floppy] Diskette
    OS/2 Warp Installation [Floppy] Diskette 1
    OS/2 Warp Installation [Floppy] Diskette 2
    OS/2 Warp 4 Instruction Booklet
    OS/2 Warp 4 License
    PPA Media Pack Sheet

    In all it came to 9 CDs, 3 Floppies and several
    papers/booklets in various languages.

    Since then I have gone to the PA site and downloaded
    several updates (the new browser, updated printer drivers,
    TCPIP updates (I think) and a few other items).

    Pretty good deal for just $62 a year.

  17. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    On Fri, 13 May 2005 00:05:09 UTC, "David T. Johnson"
    wrote:

    -> Mark Dodel wrote:
    -> > On Thu, 12 May 2005 19:26:15 UTC, tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    -> >
    -> > -> I don't have eCS 1.2, but rather MCP2.
    -> > ->
    -> >
[...]

    Then I guess his only option is to either buy a new subscription to
    PA, buy eCS 1.2 or update his MCP2 with UpdateCD. The T42p runs
    great with eCS 1.2. Even sound out of the box with the UNIAUD
    included in 1.2. Only things that don't work are the Bluetooth, the
    Intel wireless and the crappy winmodem. I had full APM (including
    suspend)working after the install, but something I did has broken it.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2005, Where?/When? Stay tuned to - http://www.warpstock.org

  18. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    Mark Dodel writes:

    >> I don't have eCS 1.2, but rather MCP2.
    >>

    > I would think MCP2 would boot from the CDROM since eCS 1.2 is based
    > on that.

    Oh, it boots, but the installation does not complete, trapping in
    DOSCALLS, presumably because of the 512 MB problem. The fix came
    after the initial release of MCP, and eCS 1.2 is based on MCP2 plus
    the fixes.

    > If you are trying to use an updated floppy, make sure you have a late
    > os2krnl(isn't os2krln on the installation diskette? Its been years
    > since I used boot floppies. I may be installing Warp4 on a GL300 for
    > Warpstock though.) and os2ldr on them. Also in the BIOS make sure you
    > have Config->USB->"USB BIOS Support" enabled and that Startup->"1. USB
    > FDD"

    Yep, already that way.

    Oh, the MCP2 CD booted far enough to get a command prompt, from which
    I was able to run HCIMONIT and determine just how many USB controller
    lines to add to CONFIG.SYS.

  19. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    David T. Johnson writes:

    > Mark Dodel wrote:

    >>> I don't have eCS 1.2, but rather MCP2.

    >> I would think MCP2 would boot from the CDROM since eCS 1.2 is based
    >> on that.

    > The first release of 'MCP2' had a bug that prevented it from booting on
    > Pentium systems with more than 512 MB of installed memory. IBM released
    > a fixpack for the problem and then released a 'Warp 4.52 refresh'
    > version update that had corrected CDs. The bottom line is that the
    > original Warp 4.52 CDs will not boot on Pentium systems with more than
    > 512mb of memory the the 'Warp 4.52 Refresh' rerelease that came out a
    > few months later *will* boot.

    Consistent with my understanding.

    >> If you are trying to use an updated floppy, make sure you have a late
    >> os2krnl(isn't os2krln on the installation diskette? Its been years
    >> since I used boot floppies. I may be installing Warp4 on a GL300 for
    >> Warpstock though.) and os2ldr on them. Also in the BIOS make sure you
    >> have Config->USB->"USB BIOS Support" enabled and that Startup->"1. USB
    >> FDD"

    > My T40 will not boot OS/2 on a USB floppy drive when those settings are
    > set as you describe above. The first and second diskettes boot okay but
    > the third diskette starts and then gives the 'cannot operate the hard
    > drive' error. Google suggests that every other T40 owner experienced
    > the same problem and that there is no fix for it. Since the T42 is very
    > similar to the T40, I doubt that it will boot OS/2 from floppys either.

    Did you add USB support to Diskette 1?

  20. Re: installing OS/2 to ThinkPad T42p

    Mark Dodel wrote:
    > On Fri, 13 May 2005 00:05:09 UTC, "David T. Johnson"
    > wrote:
    >
    > -> Mark Dodel wrote:
    > -> > On Thu, 12 May 2005 19:26:15 UTC, tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    > -> >
    > -> > -> I don't have eCS 1.2, but rather MCP2.
    > -> > ->
    > -> >
    > -> > I would think MCP2 would boot from the CDROM since eCS 1.2 is based
    > -> > on that.
    > ->
    > -> The first release of 'MCP2' had a bug that prevented it from booting on
    > -> Pentium systems with more than 512 MB of installed memory. IBM released
    > -> a fixpack for the problem and then released a 'Warp 4.52 refresh'
    > -> version update that had corrected CDs. The bottom line is that the
    > -> original Warp 4.52 CDs will not boot on Pentium systems with more than
    > -> 512mb of memory the the 'Warp 4.52 Refresh' rerelease that came out a
    > -> few months later *will* boot.
    > ->
    > -> >
    > -> > If you are trying to use an updated floppy, make sure you have a late
    > -> > os2krnl(isn't os2krln on the installation diskette? Its been years
    > -> > since I used boot floppies. I may be installing Warp4 on a GL300 for
    > -> > Warpstock though.) and os2ldr on them. Also in the BIOS make sure you
    > -> > have Config->USB->"USB BIOS Support" enabled and that Startup->"1. USB
    > -> > FDD"
    > ->
    > -> My T40 will not boot OS/2 on a USB floppy drive when those settings are
    > -> set as you describe above. The first and second diskettes boot okay but
    > -> the third diskette starts and then gives the 'cannot operate the hard
    > -> drive' error. Google suggests that every other T40 owner experienced
    > -> the same problem and that there is no fix for it. Since the T42 is very
    > -> similar to the T40, I doubt that it will boot OS/2 from floppys either.
    > ->
    >
    > Then I guess his only option is to either buy a new subscription to
    > PA,

    Registration with Passport Advantage is 'free' but there would probably
    be a charge for the 'Media Pack' of something like $20 to $30. He might
    get it for nothing, though, since he should have receive the 'Warp 4.52
    Refresh' version at no charge when it was released 3 years ago.

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and IBM Web Browser v2.0.4

+ Reply to Thread