RSU FixPak site available - OS2

This is a discussion on RSU FixPak site available - OS2 ; As part of my ongoing effort to update and expand my web pages, especially the OS/2 section, I've set up a page for installing FixPaks via RSU (Remote Software Updates). http://www.cs-club.org/~alex/os2/fixpaks/rsu/index.html I did this because IBM has discontinued their own ...

  1. RSU FixPak site available

    As part of my ongoing effort to update and expand my web pages, especially
    the OS/2 section, I've set up a page for installing FixPaks via RSU
    (Remote Software Updates).

    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex/os2/fixpaks/rsu/index.html

    I did this because IBM has discontinued their own RSU web page. However,
    the FixPak files themselves are still available on their FTP server, so my
    page links to those.

    Therefore, only FixPaks which are available in RSU-ZIP format on IBM's
    server are available for installation in this way. Also, Passport
    Advantage-protected FixPaks (anything past Warp 4 FP15/DDFP2 and all
    MCP/ACP FixPaks) are not available here for obvious reasons.

    However, people might still find this useful.

    The following FixPaks are available:
    * Warp 3 FixPaks 32, 38, 40, 42 and/or 43 (depending on language)
    * Warp 4 FixPaks 5, 9, 12 and/or 15 (depending on language)
    * WSeB FixPaks 2 and/or 3 (depending on language)
    * Device Driver FixPak 2

    To keep things simple, I did not include any languages which IBM dropped
    from support prior to Warp 3 FixPak 38, or Warp 4 FixPak 12. The
    languages available for Warp 3 are:
    * US English
    * Arabic
    * Danish
    * Dutch
    * Finnish
    * French
    * Canadian French
    * German
    * Hebrew
    * Italian
    * Norwegian
    * Brazilian Portuguese
    * Spanish
    * Swedish
    * Thai

    The languages available for Warp 4 are:
    * US English
    * Danish
    * French
    * Canadian French
    * German
    * Italian
    * Japanese
    * Greek
    * Hungarian
    * Brazilian Portuguese
    * Spanish

    And the languages available for WSeB are:
    * US English
    * French
    * German
    * Japanese

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).

  2. Re: RSU FixPak site available

    Very nice webpages. Thanks for doing this.

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and IBM Web Browser v2.0.4

  3. Re: RSU FixPak site available

    You do understand don't you that RSU does not work with Warp 4.5? That's
    why IBM dropped it!

    In <4280c413$0$73673$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, on 05/10/2005
    at 09:26 AM, Alex Taylor said:

    >As part of my ongoing effort to update and expand my web pages,
    >especially the OS/2 section, I've set up a page for installing FixPaks
    >via RSU (Remote Software Updates).

    >http://www.cs-club.org/~alex/os2/fixpaks/rsu/index.html

    >I did this because IBM has discontinued their own RSU web page. However,
    >the FixPak files themselves are still available on their FTP server, so
    >my page links to those.

    >Therefore, only FixPaks which are available in RSU-ZIP format on IBM's
    >server are available for installation in this way. Also, Passport
    >Advantage-protected FixPaks (anything past Warp 4 FP15/DDFP2 and all
    >MCP/ACP FixPaks) are not available here for obvious reasons.

    >However, people might still find this useful.

    >The following FixPaks are available:
    > * Warp 3 FixPaks 32, 38, 40, 42 and/or 43 (depending on language)
    > * Warp 4 FixPaks 5, 9, 12 and/or 15 (depending on language)
    > * WSeB FixPaks 2 and/or 3 (depending on language)
    > * Device Driver FixPak 2

    >To keep things simple, I did not include any languages which IBM dropped
    >from support prior to Warp 3 FixPak 38, or Warp 4 FixPak 12. The
    >languages available for Warp 3 are:
    > * US English
    > * Arabic
    > * Danish
    > * Dutch
    > * Finnish
    > * French
    > * Canadian French
    > * German
    > * Hebrew
    > * Italian
    > * Norwegian
    > * Brazilian Portuguese
    > * Spanish
    > * Swedish
    > * Thai

    >The languages available for Warp 4 are:
    > * US English
    > * Danish
    > * French
    > * Canadian French
    > * German
    > * Italian
    > * Japanese
    > * Greek
    > * Hungarian
    > * Brazilian Portuguese
    > * Spanish

    >And the languages available for WSeB are:
    > * US English
    > * French
    > * German
    > * Japanese

  4. Re: RSU FixPak site available

    In <4280c413$0$73673$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, Alex Taylor writes:
    >As part of my ongoing effort to update and expand my web pages, especially
    >the OS/2 section, I've set up a page for installing FixPaks via RSU
    >(Remote Software Updates).
    >--
    >Alex Taylor
    >http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Alex, thank you for your great contribution to the rest of us.

    --
    Best Regards,

    David
    C.M. Consultants, Inc
    (Due to excessive spam I do not publish my e-mail address)

+ Reply to Thread