Real Player files - OS2

This is a discussion on Real Player files - OS2 ; Is there an OS/2 solution to being able to watch or listen to a REAL player stream? Warpvision claims to be able to do this but I've never got it to work. Has anyone else?...

  1. Real Player files

    Is there an OS/2 solution to being able to watch or listen to a REAL
    player stream?

    Warpvision claims to be able to do this but I've never got it to work.

    Has anyone else?

  2. Re: Real Player files

    Herbert Rosenau wrote:
    > On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:16:03 UTC, jp
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Is there an OS/2 solution to being able to watch or listen to a REAL
    >>player stream?
    >>
    >>Warpvision claims to be able to do this but I've never got it to work.
    >>
    >>Has anyone else?

    > http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/OS2.html

    This page lists Warpvision as having "questionable" licensing.
    Warpvision is no longer blacklisted, Steve. Update your page!!!

  3. Re: Real Player files

    Marty wrote:

    > This page lists Warpvision as having "questionable" licensing.
    > Warpvision is no longer blacklisted, Steve.

    Yes it is:
    http://mplayer.dev.hu/homepage/design5/projects.html

  4. Re: Real Player files

    Steve Wendt wrote:
    > Marty wrote:
    >
    >> This page lists Warpvision as having "questionable" licensing.
    >> Warpvision is no longer blacklisted, Steve.

    > Yes it is:
    > http://mplayer.dev.hu/homepage/design5/projects.html

    Maybe that site hasn't seen http://warpvision.netlabs.org/ yet: it's
    under GPL now.

  5. Re: Real Player files

    On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 06:50:43 UTC, Jeroen Besse wrote:

    > Steve Wendt wrote:
    > > Marty wrote:
    > >
    > >> This page lists Warpvision as having "questionable" licensing.
    > >> Warpvision is no longer blacklisted, Steve.

    > > Yes it is:
    > > http://mplayer.dev.hu/homepage/design5/projects.html

    > Maybe that site hasn't seen http://warpvision.netlabs.org/ yet: it's
    > under GPL now.

    Yes, while Vlad is still not updating the CVS repository as often as he
    releases binaries, I have written to the MPlayer webmaster again.
    --
    Greetings,
    Peter.

  6. Re: Real Player files

    Herbert Rosenau wrote:

    >On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:16:03 UTC, jp
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Is there an OS/2 solution to being able to watch or listen to a REAL
    >>player stream?
    >>
    >>Warpvision claims to be able to do this but I've never got it to work.
    >>
    >>Has anyone else?
    >>

    >http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/OS2.html

    I don't think you have answered my question...

    According to the docs for WarpVision

    it plays video media formats: mpeg1/2, avi, asf, mov, mp3 audio, wav,
    real media, ogg, ogm

    Does anyone have it working with Real Media?

  7. Re: Real Player files

    In , on 03/25/2005
    at 11:34 AM, jp said:

    >Herbert Rosenau wrote:

    >>On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:16:03 UTC, jp
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is there an OS/2 solution to being able to watch or listen to a REAL
    >>>player stream?
    >>>
    >>>Warpvision claims to be able to do this but I've never got it to work.
    >>>
    >>>Has anyone else?

    >>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/OS2.html
    >>

    >I don't think you have answered my question...

    >According to the docs for WarpVision

    >it plays video media formats: mpeg1/2, avi, asf, mov, mp3 audio, wav,
    >real media, ogg, ogm

    >Does anyone have it working with Real Media?

    I am able to play local .rm and .ra files with it, but streaming is not
    yet working for me.

    -- Dave
    dhdurgeeverizonnet

  8. Re: Real Player files

    jp wrote:
    > Herbert Rosenau wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:16:03 UTC, jp wrote:
    >>

    >>> Is there an OS/2 solution to being able to watch or listen to a REAL
    >>> player stream?
    >>>
    >>> Warpvision claims to be able to do this but I've never got it to work.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone else?
    >>>

    >> http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/OS2.html
    >>

    > I don't think you have answered my question...
    >
    > According to the docs for WarpVision
    >
    > it plays video media formats: mpeg1/2, avi, asf, mov, mp3 audio, wav,
    > real media, ogg, ogm
    > Does anyone have it working with Real Media?

    You should check if Odin has this capability. .rm & .ra files don't play
    with Warpvision as far as I could test...
    K.

  9. Re: Real Player files

    Herbert Rosenau wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:34:52 UTC, jp
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Herbert Rosenau wrote:

    >>>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/OS2.html
    >>>

    >>I don't think you have answered my question...
    >>

    > I don't think so. You had asked for a solution to watch or listen to
    > real play stream. I gave you the best possible answer.
    >

    >>According to the docs for WarpVision
    >>
    >>it plays video media formats: mpeg1/2, avi, asf, mov, mp3 audio, wav,
    >>real media, ogg, ogm
    >>
    >>Does anyone have it working with Real Media?

    > I use simply Real Player/2.

    What is Real Player/2?

    Stuart

  10. Re: Real Player files

    On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:11:04 UTC, Stuart Gray
    wrote:

    > Herbert Rosenau wrote:
    > > On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:34:52 UTC, jp
    > > wrote:

    > >>I don't think you have answered my question...
    > >>

    > > I don't think so. You had asked for a solution to watch or listen to
    > > real play stream. I gave you the best possible answer.
    > >

    > >>According to the docs for WarpVision
    > >>
    > >>it plays video media formats: mpeg1/2, avi, asf, mov, mp3 audio, wav,
    > >>real media, ogg, ogm
    > >>
    > >>Does anyone have it working with Real Media?

    > > I use simply Real Player/2.
    > >

    > What is Real Player/2?
    >
    > Stuart

    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/OS2.html

    --
    Tschau/Bye
    Herbert

    eComStation 1.2 Deutsch ist da!

  11. Re: Real Player files

    Herbert Rosenau wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:11:04 UTC, Stuart Gray
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Herbert Rosenau wrote:

    >>>I don't think so. You had asked for a solution to watch or listen to
    >>>real play stream. I gave you the best possible answer.

    >>>I use simply Real Player/2.
    >>>

    >>What is Real Player/2?
    >>
    >>Stuart

    > http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/OS2.html

    That just has the Warpvision plugin, which I (and others) can't get to
    work...

    Stuart

  12. Re: Real Player files

    jp wrote:
    > Is there an OS/2 solution to being able to watch or listen to a REAL
    > player stream?
    >
    > Warpvision claims to be able to do this but I've never got it to work.
    >
    > Has anyone else?

    If you follow this guide step by step, you can get Real Player v9
    installed via ODIN (Note: you must use the ODIN dated 20020627)
    http://www.os2ezine.com/20040216/page_5.html

    When it is installed, you can load streams...by copying the URL to the
    clipboard...then pasting it into Real Player via the "Load URL" menu.

    I have also created a REXX script, that passes the URL to Real
    Player...however this does not work all the time..the best thing is to
    paste into Real Player...then save the link via the "Favorites Option"

    Regards,

    Jeramie Samphere
    President,
    OS2eCS Org.
    www.os2ecs.org

  13. Re: Real Player files

    Jeramie Samphere wrote:
    > jp wrote:
    >
    >> Is there an OS/2 solution to being able to watch or listen to a REAL
    >> player stream?
    >>
    >> Warpvision claims to be able to do this but I've never got it to work.
    >>
    >> Has anyone else?

    > If you follow this guide step by step, you can get Real Player v9
    > installed via ODIN (Note: you must use the ODIN dated 20020627)
    > http://www.os2ezine.com/20040216/page_5.html

    You should be able to use any version of Odin (even the latest released
    this last month). With ones later than the one above you will need to
    set the Odin.ini
    [WinMM]
    DirectAudio=0
    Andy

  14. Re: Real Player files

    Peter Weilbacher wrote:

    > Yes, while Vlad is still not updating the CVS repository as often as he
    > releases binaries, I have written to the MPlayer webmaster again.

    have you ever written to Vlad again ? Maybe he has some reasons for
    delaying the CVS update at netlabs and it doesnt help if you blame him
    if he doesnt upload the latest version. Even if WVGUI shares some OS
    code its up to Vlad what he does and what he doesnt do.

    regards,
    michael

  15. Re: Real Player files

    In , on 04/10/2005
    at 11:57 AM, Michael said:

    >have you ever written to Vlad again ? Maybe he has some reasons for
    >delaying the CVS update at netlabs and it doesnt help if you blame him
    >if he doesnt upload the latest version. Even if WVGUI shares some OS
    >code its up to Vlad what he does and what he doesnt do.

    True enough. We all have free will. Vlad can choose to honor the terms
    of the GPL or not.

    Regards,

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
    Warp4.something/14.100c_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

  16. Re: Real Player files

    Steven Levine wrote:

    > True enough. We all have free will. Vlad can choose to honor the terms
    > of the GPL or not.

    Which is why WarpVision is on the MPlayer blacklist.

  17. Re: Real Player files

    Steve Wendt wrote:

    > Which is why WarpVision is on the MPlayer blacklist.

    yes. but who send this useless mail to add it there? Recently I
    discovered that even some mozilla site for OS/2 contains such a small
    add on that WVGUI violates GPL. Better put this power on something real,
    source code is there and there will be a refresh. A new wvgui drop
    should be released in the next month.

    regards,
    michael

  18. Re: Real Player files

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 10:57:15 UTC, Michael wrote:

    > Peter Weilbacher wrote:
    >
    > > Yes, while Vlad is still not updating the CVS repository as often as he
    > > releases binaries, I have written to the MPlayer webmaster again.

    > have you ever written to Vlad again ? Maybe he has some reasons for
    > delaying the CVS update at netlabs and it doesnt help if you blame him
    > if he doesnt upload the latest version. Even if WVGUI shares some OS
    > code its up to Vlad what he does and what he doesnt do.

    What I meant was that I have written to the MPlayer webmaster again to
    request that WV gets removed from the blacklisted projects. And he has
    done so.
    --
    Greetings, ^
    Peter.