problem w/ codepage, keyboard - OS2

This is a discussion on problem w/ codepage, keyboard - OS2 ; In my config.sys, I have these lines: COUNTRY=007,C:\OS2\SYSTEM\COUNTRY.SYS CODEPAGE=866,850 DEVINFO=KBD,RU441,C:\OS2\KEYBOARD.DCP No matter what I do at the keyboard or with the Keyboard icon in System Setup, I can't get cyrillic letters to appear when I type at the keyboard. What ...

  1. problem w/ codepage, keyboard

    In my config.sys, I have these lines:

    COUNTRY=007,C:\OS2\SYSTEM\COUNTRY.SYS
    CODEPAGE=866,850
    DEVINFO=KBD,RU441,C:\OS2\KEYBOARD.DCP

    No matter what I do at the keyboard or with the Keyboard icon in
    System Setup,
    I can't get cyrillic letters to appear when I type at the keyboard.
    What am I doing wrong?

    I tried KEYB RU , KEYB RU 441, KEYB RU441,
    I made sure the right codepage is selected: when I type CHCP I get:

    Active code page: 866
    Prepared system code pages: 850; 866

    When I type: keyb ru
    I get:
    The translation table for code page 850 has been loaded.
    The translation table for code page 866 has been loaded.

    When I type: keyb
    I get:
    Current keyboard layout: RU 443.
    Current keyboard translation table is based on code page: 850

    (That's something I dont understand either. Why does it say "Current
    keyboard translation table is based on code page: 850" when the 866
    codepage is selected?

    Any help much appreciated.

    Juvenaly

    --
    Remove rocks from email address before replying

  2. Re: problem w/ codepage, keyboard

    Juvenaly
    ], who wrote in article :
    > In my config.sys, I have these lines:

    > COUNTRY=007,C:\OS2\SYSTEM\COUNTRY.SYS
    > CODEPAGE=866,850
    > DEVINFO=KBD,RU441,C:\OS2\KEYBOARD.DCP

    > I made sure the right codepage is selected: when I type CHCP I get:
    >
    > Active code page: 866
    > Prepared system code pages: 850; 866

    This says that your CODEPAGE statement is actually

    CODEPAGE=850,866

    Please recheck your config.sys (duplicate line?).

    [I do not use 007, but I saw reports that it won't "work" with
    850,866, only with 866,850. 001 works with both, but with 850,866
    only PM sessions have correct keyboard...]

    Hope this helps,
    Ilya

+ Reply to Thread