Need help with Intel Por 1000 - OS2

This is a discussion on Need help with Intel Por 1000 - OS2 ; I know this has been discussed before, but could someone tell me what to do next? I've put the NIC in the machine. It has an integrated NIc (SIS900), which didn't work. I tried aversion of Willy's generic driver for ...

  1. Need help with Intel Por 1000

    I know this has been discussed before, but could someone tell me what to
    do next? I've put the NIC in the machine. It has an integrated NIc
    (SIS900), which didn't work. I tried aversion of Willy's generic driver
    for it.

    Now, do I look for drivers for the Intel card? Do just delete the old
    driver? And so on. I'm nt sure what questions to ask, actually. :-)

    Thanks in advance for any help or pointers towards help.

    OS/2 Warp FP15.

  2. Re: Need help with Intel Pro 1000

    Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

    > I know this has been discussed before, but could someone tell me what
    > to do next? I've put the NIC in the machine. It has an integrated NIc
    > (SIS900), which didn't work. I tried aversion of Willy's generic
    > driver for it.
    >
    > Now, do I look for drivers for the Intel card? Do just delete the old
    > driver? And so on. I'm nt sure what questions to ask, actually. :-)
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help or pointers towards help.
    >
    > OS/2 Warp FP15.

    Wolf,
    The driver you need is E1000.OS2 (plus, of course, E1000.NIF).

    I am using eCS 1.2, and the drivers came with the Operating System.
    However, I just looked at the Intel site, and there seems to be a
    version 9.2 dated January 12, 2005. Just Google "Intel PRO/1000". My
    card is a PRO/1000 MT Desktop Adapter.

    Happy hunting,
    Colin Campbell

  3. Re: Need help with Intel Por 1000

    Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

    > I know this has been discussed before, but could someone tell me what to
    > do next? I've put the NIC in the machine. It has an integrated NIc
    > (SIS900), which didn't work. I tried aversion of Willy's generic driver
    > for it.
    >
    > Now, do I look for drivers for the Intel card? Do just delete the old
    > driver? And so on. I'm nt sure what questions to ask, actually. :-)
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help or pointers towards help.
    >
    > OS/2 Warp FP15.

    As far as the Sis900 goes you can get drivers for it very easily at

    http://www.os2warp.be/index2.php?name=nicpak

    and it works (I have the same on board deal).

    The intel pro 10/100 drivers are on Intel support and on IBM site
    as well if the card is branded IBM.

    Of course you'll have to set up the MPTS accordingly.

    ciao.

  4. Re: Need help with Intel Por 1000

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:33:42 UTC, "Mr.C"
    wrote:

    > Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:
    >
    > > I know this has been discussed before, but could someone tell me what to
    > > do next? I've put the NIC in the machine. It has an integrated NIc
    > > (SIS900), which didn't work. I tried aversion of Willy's generic driver
    > > for it.
    > >
    > > Now, do I look for drivers for the Intel card? Do just delete the old
    > > driver? And so on. I'm nt sure what questions to ask, actually. :-)
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for any help or pointers towards help.
    > >
    > > OS/2 Warp FP15.

    > As far as the Sis900 goes you can get drivers for it very easily at
    >
    > http://www.os2warp.be/index2.php?name=nicpak
    >
    > and it works (I have the same on board deal).

    You would avoid the SIS900 nic. It is the most worse driver ever
    exists. Use GENMAC instead. It tunes up data transfer and stability
    more as significantly.

    > The intel pro 10/100 drivers are on Intel support and on IBM site
    > as well if the card is branded IBM.

    Use NICPACK to find an alternative driver. the intel driver is worse.
    It disturbs any transfer in the whole network.

    --
    Tschau/Bye
    Herbert

    eComStation 1.2 Deutsch ist da!