Dos Won't run - OS2

This is a discussion on Dos Won't run - OS2 ; i have just reinstalled os2, went to fp14, now when i try to run my good old Dos games the screen goes black then blinks back on. i have tried a Selective Install just to make sure all goodies were ...

  1. Dos Won't run

    i have just reinstalled os2, went to fp14, now when i
    try to run my good old Dos games the screen goes black then
    blinks back on.
    i have tried a Selective Install just to make sure all goodies were
    there.
    all the drivers are the same, h/w same etc, it's a head scratcher
    all right.

    ideas, suggestions?

    r.c.
    Sacrmento CA
    home of the Governator...

  2. Re: Dos Won't run

    rc wrote:
    > i have just reinstalled os2, went to fp14, now when i
    > try to run my good old Dos games the screen goes black then
    > blinks back on.
    > i have tried a Selective Install just to make sure all goodies were
    > there.
    > all the drivers are the same, h/w same etc, it's a head scratcher
    > all right.
    >
    > ideas, suggestions?
    >
    > r.c.
    > Sacrmento CA
    > home of the Governator...

    A couple of likely scenarios:

    a) The DOS games; screen resolutions are incompatible with the screen
    resolution you;ve specified.

    b) The DOS settings are defaulted to bad values.

    Good luck.

  3. Re: Dos Won't run

    same rez, for sure
    settings are the same as i recall, checked a couple of times
    have reinstalled twice

    i'll keep trying, Steel Panthers is too good a game!

    thanks...

    Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

    > rc wrote:
    > > i have just reinstalled os2, went to fp14, now when i
    > > try to run my good old Dos games the screen goes black then
    > > blinks back on.
    > > i have tried a Selective Install just to make sure all goodies were
    > > there.
    > > all the drivers are the same, h/w same etc, it's a head scratcher
    > > all right.
    > >
    > > ideas, suggestions?
    > >
    > > r.c.
    > > Sacrmento CA
    > > home of the Governator...

    > A couple of likely scenarios:
    >
    > a) The DOS games; screen resolutions are incompatible with the screen
    > resolution you;ve specified.
    >
    > b) The DOS settings are defaulted to bad values.
    >
    > Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread