Brother 2040 Printer (back to real topics) - OS2

This is a discussion on Brother 2040 Printer (back to real topics) - OS2 ; Does anyone have any experiences with the Brother 2040 and/or 1440 laser printers with Warp 4? I know they're relatively light-duty printers, are there any setup issues? TIA....

  1. Brother 2040 Printer (back to real topics)

    Does anyone have any experiences with the Brother 2040 and/or 1440 laser
    printers with Warp 4? I know they're relatively light-duty printers,
    are there any setup issues? TIA.

  2. Re: Brother 2040 Printer (back to real topics)

    According to the Brother site the HL-2040 is a GDI printer.
    So it will most probably not work on OS/2 because this is
    a Windows only emulation. Though for Linux Brother seems
    to provide a GDI capable driver.

    The HL-1440 supports PCL4 emulation and is listed in the
    laserjet driver. So this one should work with OS/2 (I guess
    it will work everywhere: DOS, WIN, Linux, OS/2 because of PCL).

    I'm using a HL-5040 and it works very well (on parallel and USB).

    Heiko

    Peter Flass wrote:
    > Does anyone have any experiences with the Brother 2040 and/or 1440 laser
    > printers with Warp 4? I know they're relatively light-duty printers,
    > are there any setup issues? TIA.

+ Reply to Thread