Tekram DC390-U4W and OS2? - OS2

This is a discussion on Tekram DC390-U4W and OS2? - OS2 ; Now that the U3W is no longer available over here, I am a bit stuck for a 160 / 320 controller. There is one posting suggesting that the U4W ought in principle to work with OS2, but noone saying for ...

  1. Tekram DC390-U4W and OS2?

    Now that the U3W is no longer available over here, I am a bit stuck for
    a 160 / 320 controller.

    There is one posting suggesting that the U4W ought in principle to work
    with OS2, but noone saying for sure.

    Anyone out there with any experience with this card?

  2. Re: Tekram DC390-U4W and OS2?

    David Maconochie wrote:
    > Now that the U3W is no longer available over here, I am a bit stuck for
    > a 160 / 320 controller.
    >
    > There is one posting suggesting that the U4W ought in principle to work
    > with OS2, but noone saying for sure.
    >
    > Anyone out there with any experience with this card?

    there do not appear to be any os/2 drivers for u4w at the tekram site.

    oddly enough, they have drivers for dos, a legacy OS thats supposed to be
    dead.......

  3. Re: Tekram DC390-U4W and OS2?

    IIRC, the LSIMPT.ADD driver was developed jointly by LSILogic (the chip
    manufacturer) and IBM. It's on my sytem although I don't have a card
    with that chip. so it must have come with eComStation -- perhaps not
    until ver. 1.2.

    I assume it's also available from IBM if one has a Passport Advantage
    subscription.

    Perce

    On 03/04/05 08:52 pm dilbert firestorm tossed the following ingredients
    into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

    >> There is one posting suggesting that the U4W ought in principle to
    >> work with OS2, but noone saying for sure.
    >>
    >> Anyone out there with any experience with this card?

    > there do not appear to be any os/2 drivers for u4w at the tekram site.
    >
    > oddly enough, they have drivers for dos, a legacy OS thats supposed to
    > be dead.......

  4. Re: Tekram DC390-U4W and OS2?

    On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 22:37:14 UTC, "Percival P. Cassidy"
    wrote:

    > IIRC, the LSIMPT.ADD driver was developed jointly by LSILogic (the chip
    > manufacturer) and IBM. It's on my sytem although I don't have a card
    > with that chip. so it must have come with eComStation -- perhaps not
    > until ver. 1.2.
    >
    > I assume it's also available from IBM if one has a Passport Advantage
    > subscription.
    >
    > Perce
    >

    > On 03/04/05 08:52 pm dilbert firestorm tossed the following ingredients
    > into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:
    >
    > >> There is one posting suggesting that the U4W ought in principle to
    > >> work with OS2, but noone saying for sure.
    > >>
    > >> Anyone out there with any experience with this card?

    > > there do not appear to be any os/2 drivers for u4w at the tekram site.
    > >
    > > oddly enough, they have drivers for dos, a legacy OS thats supposed to
    > > be dead.......

    I have one of these and have never been able to get it to work with
    v4.52. I seem to recall discussions a while back on how this wasn't a
    very good NIC for OS/2, you might try google for earlier threads.

    HTH,
    Pete

    --

  5. Re: Tekram DC390-U4W and OS2?

    Pete schrieb:

    > On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 22:37:14 UTC, "Percival P. Cassidy"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > IIRC, the LSIMPT.ADD driver was developed jointly by LSILogic (the chip
    > > manufacturer) and IBM. It's on my sytem although I don't have a card
    > > with that chip. so it must have come with eComStation -- perhaps not
    > > until ver. 1.2.
    > >
    > > I assume it's also available from IBM if one has a Passport Advantage
    > > subscription.
    > >
    > > Perce
    > >

    > > On 03/04/05 08:52 pm dilbert firestorm tossed the following ingredients
    > > into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

    > > > there do not appear to be any os/2 drivers for u4w at the tekram site.
    > > >
    > > > oddly enough, they have drivers for dos, a legacy OS thats supposed to
    > > > be dead.......

    > I have one of these and have never been able to get it to work with
    > v4.52. I seem to recall discussions a while back on how this wasn't a
    > very good NIC for OS/2, you might try google for earlier threads.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Pete

    The OP is speaking about a SCSI hostadapter, not about a NIC.

    Hendrik

  6. Re: Tekram DC390-U4W and OS2?

    it must be rather recent. it is not on the lsilogic website either.

    Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
    > IIRC, the LSIMPT.ADD driver was developed jointly by LSILogic (the chip
    > manufacturer) and IBM. It's on my sytem although I don't have a card
    > with that chip. so it must have come with eComStation -- perhaps not
    > until ver. 1.2.
    >
    > I assume it's also available from IBM if one has a Passport Advantage
    > subscription.
    >
    > Perce
    >

    > On 03/04/05 08:52 pm dilbert firestorm tossed the following ingredients
    > into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:
    >
    >>> There is one posting suggesting that the U4W ought in principle to
    >>> work with OS2, but noone saying for sure.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone out there with any experience with this card?

    >> there do not appear to be any os/2 drivers for u4w at the tekram site.
    >>
    >> oddly enough, they have drivers for dos, a legacy OS thats supposed to
    >> be dead.......

  7. Re: Tekram DC390-U4W and OS2?

    But if it was developed *for* IBM, or *by* IBM with the cooperation of
    LSILogic, perhaps IBM is the only one allowed to distribute it. The
    accompanying text file has an IBM copyright notice, not an LSILogic
    copyright notice.

    Perce

    On 03/06/05 08:50 pm dilbert firestorm tossed the following ingredients
    into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

    > it must be rather recent. it is not on the lsilogic website either.

    >> IIRC, the LSIMPT.ADD driver was developed jointly by LSILogic (the
    >> chip manufacturer) and IBM. It's on my sytem although I don't have a
    >> card with that chip. so it must have come with eComStation -- perhaps
    >> not until ver. 1.2.
    >>
    >> I assume it's also available from IBM if one has a Passport Advantage
    >> subscription.

+ Reply to Thread