Compaq cd drive dont work with XP? recent upgrde - OS2

This is a discussion on Compaq cd drive dont work with XP? recent upgrde - OS2 ; I recently built a computer because my Compaq presario 5102us processor fan stopped and fried my processor. So i got a new case and installed an ASUS K8N motherboard with a AMD Athlon 64 3000+ box cpu and fan. I ...

  1. Compaq cd drive dont work with XP? recent upgrde

    I recently built a computer because my Compaq presario 5102us
    processor
    fan stopped and fried my processor. So i got a new case and installed
    an ASUS K8N motherboard with a AMD Athlon 64 3000+ box cpu and fan. I
    also installed windows xp home edition ( because my compaq was running
    ME} and installed a new seagate internal 160GB hard drive. I then took
    my compaq 40GB HD and the CD and CD\RW drives from the old computer and
    insta them in new case.
    One CD crive worked long enough to install XP and video card driver
    cds.
    Now after all this no cd drives read a cd (music or data) though they
    look like they are trying to and they are being picked up in bios. i've
    tried to switch master and slave to cable select, i've tried pulling
    power on one,i've uninstalled the driver in device manager and rebooted
    to let windows find another(witch it does) to now avail

    Someone please help me

  2. Re: Compaq cd drive dont work with XP? recent upgrde

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 00:17:55 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.misc,
    "acceptwhatever" wrote:

    > Someone please help me

    Pick a better newsgroup - this one is for the operating system OS/2
    which is not Windows of any flavour.

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK.
    Trevor-Hemsley at dsl dot pipex dot com