eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS - OS2

This is a discussion on eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS - OS2 ; With the latest announcement by IBM of the automatic renewal of Passport Advantage OS/2 Maintenance accounts, eCS Lusers are scrambling to cover up and gloss over the death of eComStation. "We've got USB drivers..." comes the claim yet the eCS ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

  1. eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    With the latest announcement by IBM of the automatic renewal
    of Passport Advantage OS/2 Maintenance accounts, eCS Lusers
    are scrambling to cover up and gloss over the death of eComStation.

    "We've got USB drivers..." comes the claim yet the eCS Luser is
    always left behind by IBM when it comes to new OS/2 updates,
    new drivers, new OS/2 enhancements or OS/2 software. Passport
    Advantage subscribers have the true advantage because they
    receive special notice of upcoming releases and are allowed to
    download or receive those releases via overnight AirBorne Express
    as part long before they are available outside the IBM services.

    eCS Lusers had to pay an initial and expensive fee upfront to
    obtain those releases and are forced to wait weeks, often months
    (SS/2 v1.73 is a fine example) to have access to them. And, as
    with all eCS Lusers, they can never be sure the IBM releases will
    work with their problematic eCS products.

    More importantly though, with the policy change of automatic PA
    renewal, IBM is telling their OS/2 consumers they will be there
    today and far into the future with support of OS/2. eCS Lusers
    lose that OS/2 support on December 31, 2005, when their OS/2
    OEM Contract expires and will not be renewed by IBM. That's
    effectively leaves the eCS Luser up a creek without a paddle.
    No new updates, no new enhancements, drivers, new OS/2
    software or bug fixes. The minor vendor or his own eCS Luser
    customers will have to either steal the future updates or force an
    expensive move of the eCS Luser in a new and more "lucrative"
    OS direction.
    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy

  2. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS [FUD4]

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > eCS Lusers
    > lose that OS/2 support on December 31, 2005, when their OS/2
    > OEM Contract expires and will not be renewed by IBM.

    Since the end of the OEM contract has only been announced by TM (over
    and over again) without any proof (none of the times he announced or
    mentioned it), don't hold your breath on that...

  3. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    It's been announced by IBM in their stategy document that you keep
    pointing us all to. Bob St. John confirmed it a few months back in the
    eCS Yahoo groups and admitted he was unable to change IBM's mind.

    You could resign with IBM and update your Passport Advantage account if
    you are worried.

    OS/2 Man

  4. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    OS/2 Man wrote:
    > It's been announced by IBM in their stategy document that you keep
    > pointing us all to. Bob St. John confirmed it a few months back in the
    > eCS Yahoo groups and admitted he was unable to change IBM's mind.

    Where's the link??(You know..the URL)

    > You could resign with IBM and update your Passport Advantage account if
    > you are worried.
    >
    > OS/2 Man

  5. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    OS/2 Man wrote:
    > It's been announced by IBM in their stategy document that you keep
    > pointing us all to. Bob St. John confirmed it a few months back in the
    > eCS Yahoo groups and admitted he was unable to change IBM's mind.

    Uh .. what's been announced in IBM's strategy document is the end of
    support for PA users with support agreements with IBM. That date is
    12/31/2006. http://www-306.ibm.com/software/os/warp/strategy/

    > through 31 December 2006 for Passport Advantage customers with active Software Maintenance.

    So . .the only end date I see IBM providing is the one for PA users. If
    you are unhappy with that message, take it up with IBM

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

    Same document indicates that continued support may be available for a
    longer period by a contract with a third party. Serenity Systems
    International is a third party.

  6. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    Bob StJohn wrote:
    > OS/2 Man wrote:
    >
    > So . .the only end date I see IBM providing is the one for PA users. If
    > you are unhappy with that message, take it up with IBM

    The end date you see is the end date IBM is providing to third
    party contractors. IBM wouldn't offer an 'automatic renewal' to
    their customers if they planned on ending support for those
    purchasing a renewal of their OS/2 maintenance contract.
    That would be illegal of IBM, unlike Managed Systems aka
    the fake Serenity Systems of Texas.

    > Same document indicates that continued support may be available for a
    > longer period by a contract with a third party.

    Exactly. Those who hold a Passport Advantage account and
    contract with IBM for an OS/2 Maintenance Contract.

    > Serenity Systems
    > International is a third party.

    No, Serenity is a failed minor vendor with an OEM Contract
    IBM says they will not renew. In fact, Serenity Systems International
    isn't even registered to do business within the U.S., Managed
    Systems is and IBM has no intention of continuing their association
    with that nefarious virtual entity.

    eCS is a dead product. How soon will you be replacing OS/2
    with Linux or the more 'lucrative' WindowsXP?

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy

  7. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS [FUD4]

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Bob StJohn wrote:
    >
    >> OS/2 Man wrote:
    >> So . .the only end date I see IBM providing is the one for PA users.
    >> If you are unhappy with that message, take it up with IBM

    > The end date you see is the end date IBM is providing to third
    > party contractors.

    No, to PA customers. Please read again.

    > IBM wouldn't offer an 'automatic renewal' to
    > their customers if they planned on ending support for those
    > purchasing a renewal of their OS/2 maintenance contract.

    Since PA covers more than OS/2, IBM can offer automatic renewal, while
    at the same time stop OS/2 support through PA. And that's exactly what
    IBM has announced to happen at 31 december 2006.

    >> Same document indicates that continued support may be available for a
    >> longer period by a contract with a third party.

    > Exactly. Those who hold a Passport Advantage account and
    > contract with IBM for an OS/2 Maintenance Contract.

    No. That's up to the 3rd party. Like SSI has done for years now.

    >> Serenity Systems International is a third party.

    > No, Serenity is a failed minor vendor with an OEM Contract
    > IBM says they will not renew.

    Never saw that claim coming from IBM... Only from some TM... and we know
    his reliability.

    > In fact, Serenity Systems International
    > isn't even registered to do business within the U.S., Managed
    > Systems is and IBM has no intention of continuing their association
    > with that nefarious virtual entity.

    Only in your imagination.

    > eCS is a dead product. How soon will you be replacing OS/2
    > with Linux or the more 'lucrative' WindowsXP?

    FUD

  8. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    In <4222ad11$0$23563$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 02/27/2005
    at 11:32 PM, Bob Stjohn said:

    >OS/2 Man wrote:
    >> It's been announced by IBM in their stategy document that you keep
    >> pointing us all to. Bob St. John confirmed it a few months back in the
    >> eCS Yahoo groups and admitted he was unable to change IBM's mind.

    >Uh .. what's been announced in IBM's strategy document is the end of
    >support for PA users with support agreements with IBM. That date is
    >12/31/2006. http://www-306.ibm.com/software/os/warp/strategy/

    >> through 31 December 2006 for Passport Advantage customers with active Software Maintenance.

    >So . .the only end date I see IBM providing is the one for PA users. If
    >you are unhappy with that message, take it up with IBM

    About the only persons here who are unhappy with IBM is you and your
    shills booby. -->You, as well as the rest of us know that IBM has given
    out "end of" dates before. They always change when the date comes. The
    fact is IBM has also said they will sell OS2 as long as customers want it.
    Its something you can't say.

    But do tell us about your business model; the one where people pay you
    once at half the price and then get free upgrades and fixes for life
    -->like your shills claim.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

    >Same document indicates that continued support may be available for a
    >longer period by a contract with a third party. Serenity Systems
    >International is a third party.

  9. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Bob StJohn wrote:
    >
    >> OS/2 Man wrote:
    >> So . .the only end date I see IBM providing is the one for PA users.
    >> If you are unhappy with that message, take it up with IBM

    > The end date you see is the end date IBM is providing to third
    > party contractors. IBM wouldn't offer an 'automatic renewal' to
    > their customers if they planned on ending support for those
    > purchasing a renewal of their OS/2 maintenance contract.
    > That would be illegal of IBM, unlike Managed Systems aka
    > the fake Serenity Systems of Texas.
    >

    >> Same document indicates that continued support may be available for a
    >> longer period by a contract with a third party.

    > Exactly. Those who hold a Passport Advantage account and
    > contract with IBM for an OS/2 Maintenance Contract.

    Nope .. that would be second party. IBM is first party .. and the person
    with the agreement directly with IBM is the second party. Nice try, though.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  10. FUD4 Support end date for PA customers on IBM web site.

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Bob StJohn wrote:
    >
    >> OS/2 Man wrote:
    >> So . .the only end date I see IBM providing is the one for PA users.
    >> If you are unhappy with that message, take it up with IBM

    > The end date you see is the end date IBM is providing to third
    > party contractors.

    Nope .. PA .. quote: " through 31 December 2006 for Passport Advantage
    customers with active Software Maintenance." IBM is being very clear ...
    PA customers with current maintenance agreements.

    You can keep spinning until you fall down .. but IBM's text doesn't
    support you.

    Regarfds,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  11. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In <4222ad11$0$23563$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 02/27/2005
    > at 11:32 PM, Bob Stjohn said:
    >

    >>OS/2 Man wrote:
    >>
    >>>It's been announced by IBM in their stategy document that you keep
    >>>pointing us all to. Bob St. John confirmed it a few months back in the
    >>>eCS Yahoo groups and admitted he was unable to change IBM's mind.

    >>Uh .. what's been announced in IBM's strategy document is the end of
    >>support for PA users with support agreements with IBM. That date is
    >>12/31/2006. http://www-306.ibm.com/software/os/warp/strategy/

    >>>through 31 December 2006 for Passport Advantage customers with active Software Maintenance.

    >>So . .the only end date I see IBM providing is the one for PA users. If
    >>you are unhappy with that message, take it up with IBM

    > About the only persons here who are unhappy with IBM is you and your
    > shills booby. -->You, as well as the rest of us know that IBM has given
    > out "end of" dates before. They always change when the date comes. The
    > fact is IBM has also said they will sell OS2 as long as customers want it.
    > Its something you can't say.

    Gee .. should folks believe you or IBM's public documents, which are
    reviewed by IBM marketing practices and IBM legal so as to avoid
    misleading people? I give IBM a win in crediblity over you. If you
    have a problem with IBM's message. Take it up with IBM. I take them at
    their word, since that is their intent.

    > But do tell us about your business model; the one where people pay you
    > once at half the price and then get free upgrades and fixes for life
    > -->like your shills claim.

    Oh goodness. Not "for life". I have similar disclaimers to the ones used
    by IBM. Users have access to qualifying downloads at no additional cost.
    Hardly "free for life".

    As to the business model, simple ... it works.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  12. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    Gee booby if your business model worked -->as you whine --> you would not
    have had the State of Texas shut you down because you couldn't pay annual
    fees.

    Don't you ever get tired of lying -->especially after IBM fired you for
    this behavior?

    In <42233f61$0$23564$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 02/28/2005
    at 09:56 AM, Bob Stjohn said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> In <4222ad11$0$23563$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 02/27/2005
    >> at 11:32 PM, Bob Stjohn said:

    >>>Uh .. what's been announced in IBM's strategy document is the end of
    >>>support for PA users with support agreements with IBM. That date is
    >>>12/31/2006. http://www-306.ibm.com/software/os/warp/strategy/

    >>>So . .the only end date I see IBM providing is the one for PA users. If
    >>>you are unhappy with that message, take it up with IBM

    >> About the only persons here who are unhappy with IBM is you and your
    >> shills booby. -->You, as well as the rest of us know that IBM has given
    >> out "end of" dates before. They always change when the date comes. The
    >> fact is IBM has also said they will sell OS2 as long as customers want it.
    >> Its something you can't say.

    >Gee .. should folks believe you or IBM's public documents, which are
    >reviewed by IBM marketing practices and IBM legal so as to avoid
    >misleading people? I give IBM a win in crediblity over you. If you
    >have a problem with IBM's message. Take it up with IBM. I take them at
    >their word, since that is their intent.
    >>
    >> But do tell us about your business model; the one where people pay you
    >> once at half the price and then get free upgrades and fixes for life
    >> -->like your shills claim.

    >Oh goodness. Not "for life". I have similar disclaimers to the ones used
    >by IBM. Users have access to qualifying downloads at no additional cost.
    >Hardly "free for life".

    >As to the business model, simple ... it works.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

  13. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > Gee booby if your business model worked -->as you whine --> you would not
    > have had the State of Texas shut you down because you couldn't pay annual
    > fees.
    >
    > Don't you ever get tired of lying -->especially after IBM fired you for
    > this behavior?

    All these claims and they are still in business and even listed by IBM
    as a partner. IBM even has an OEM contract with them. Wow I bet you
    could get that contract yanked with all the proof you have couldn't ya?
    We know one thing for sure, we won't be seeing any Eddie ReTard
    company doing business with IBM, he's lucky he can insert the CD into
    the drive to install the software. You won't be provding any kind of
    service that IBM would send people your way for any time soon.

  14. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    Go drivel somewhere else asshole.

    In , on 02/28/2005
    at 02:04 PM, OS/2 Man said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> Gee booby if your business model worked -->as you whine --> you would not
    >> have had the State of Texas shut you down because you couldn't pay annual
    >> fees.
    >>
    >> Don't you ever get tired of lying -->especially after IBM fired you for
    >> this behavior?

    >All these claims and they are still in business and even listed by IBM
    >as a partner. IBM even has an OEM contract with them. Wow I bet you
    >could get that contract yanked with all the proof you have couldn't ya?
    > We know one thing for sure, we won't be seeing any Eddie ReTard
    >company doing business with IBM, he's lucky he can insert the CD into
    >the drive to install the software. You won't be provding any kind of
    >service that IBM would send people your way for any time soon.

  15. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > Go drivel somewhere else asshole.

    Does it hurt you that with all your claims you can't accomplish anything
    other than your inane posts here? Now tell me about IBM and their
    business dealings with Serenity and how IBM actually promotes Serenity
    on their own website.

    >>All these claims and they are still in business and even listed by IBM
    >>as a partner. IBM even has an OEM contract with them. Wow I bet you
    >>could get that contract yanked with all the proof you have couldn't ya?
    >>We know one thing for sure, we won't be seeing any Eddie ReTard
    >>company doing business with IBM, he's lucky he can insert the CD into
    >>the drive to install the software. You won't be provding any kind of
    >>service that IBM would send people your way for any time soon.

  16. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    On 02/28/2005 at 02:04 PM, OS/2 Man said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> Gee booby if your business model worked -->as you whine --> you would not
    >> have had the State of Texas shut you down because you couldn't pay annual
    >> fees.
    >>
    >> Don't you ever get tired of lying -->especially after IBM fired you for
    >> this behavior?

    >All these claims and they are still in business and even listed by IBM
    >as a partner. IBM even has an OEM contract with them.

    What I don't understand is why someone hasn't pursued legal remedies
    against these freaks who are so determined to damage a perfectly
    legitimate business at any cost. Lacking that, why hasn't anyone
    pursued some illegal remedies? Not that I would suggest or recommend
    that anyone knock on anyone's door, baseball bat in hand. I definitely
    wouldn't suggest that.

    Jim L

    --
    "Don't call it a crisis until you can't fix it," Obstructionist
    Party.

  17. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    In <4224a132$1$yhgu-nfgeb$mr2ice@news.west.earthlink.net>, on 03/01/2005
    at 05:06 PM, luth-astro@rubbishearthlink.net said:

    >On 02/28/2005 at 02:04 PM, OS/2 Man said:

    >>letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >>> Gee booby if your business model worked -->as you whine --> you would not
    >>> have had the State of Texas shut you down because you couldn't pay annual
    >>> fees.
    >>>
    >>> Don't you ever get tired of lying -->especially after IBM fired you for
    >>> this behavior?

    >>All these claims and they are still in business and even listed by IBM
    >>as a partner. IBM even has an OEM contract with them.

    >What I don't understand is why someone hasn't pursued legal remedies
    >against these freaks who are so determined to damage a perfectly
    >legitimate business at any cost.

    Duh! Do you actually think old booby would want to give anyone the power
    to subpoena all his records and search through them? -->Not to meant the
    "FACT" (you do know waht a fact is don't you?), that he can't pay his
    annul business taxes to the State of Texas. When means he ain't making
    any money off ecs sales.

    Lacking that, why hasn't anyone pursued
    >some illegal remedies? Not that I would suggest or recommend that anyone
    >knock on anyone's door, baseball bat in hand. I definitely wouldn't
    >suggest that.

    >Jim L

    >--
    >"Don't call it a crisis until you can't fix it," Obstructionist Party.

  18. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    > Duh! Do you actually think old booby would want to give anyone the power
    > to subpoena all his records and search through them? -->Not to meant the
    > "FACT" (you do know waht a fact is don't you?), that he can't pay his
    > annul business taxes to the State of Texas. When means he ain't making
    > any money off ecs sales.

    Ahh the quintessential claim that leads to more claims. Why does IBM
    list a business, that by your claims doesn't appear to have the cash to
    keep open, as a partner? They have been partners for many years now too.

  19. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    Dumb **** ecs shill (aka OS/2 man) -->avoids facts, whines again!

    In <8qCdnc7psebdN7nfRVn-gg@pcisys.net>, on 03/01/2005
    at 10:44 AM, OS/2 Man said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >>

    >> Duh! Do you actually think old booby would want to give anyone the power
    >> to subpoena all his records and search through them? -->Not to meant the
    >> "FACT" (you do know waht a fact is don't you?), that he can't pay his
    >> annul business taxes to the State of Texas. When means he ain't making
    >> any money off ecs sales.
    >>

    >Ahh the quintessential claim that leads to more claims. Why does IBM
    >list a business, that by your claims doesn't appear to have the cash to
    >keep open, as a partner? They have been partners for many years now too.

  20. Re: eCS Lusers Scramble Over End of eCS

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > Dumb **** ecs shill (aka OS/2 man) -->avoids facts, whines again!

    LOL... Eddie can only call people names to avoid questions. I'm asking
    you about the facts in Serenity's and IBM's relationship. Do you think
    IBM knows about the things you call "facts"?