eCS Lusers Desperate Over IBM PA Renewal - OS2

This is a discussion on eCS Lusers Desperate Over IBM PA Renewal - OS2 ; Scrambling like the idyits they are, Boob St. John et al are foaming madly as they dish IBM's latest announcement: Passport Advantage OS/2 customers will be automatically renewed ensuring continued OS/2 support for many years to come. The announcement by ...

  1. eCS Lusers Desperate Over IBM PA Renewal

    Scrambling like the idyits they are, Boob St. John et al are foaming
    madly as they dish IBM's latest announcement: Passport Advantage
    OS/2 customers will be automatically renewed ensuring continued
    OS/2 support for many years to come.

    The announcement by IBM drills home to the eCS Luser the truth
    behind the lies promoted by Managed Systems aka the "ain't
    licensed in our country" Serenity Systems of Texas that IBM has
    killed off OS/2.

    If you gave up OS/2 and bought into the lies of eComStation then
    you can save your investment by turning back to IBM's Passport
    Advantage. Yes, it's going to cost you but that's the price you
    paid for leaving OS/2.

    Nobody does it better than IBM. The new USB drivers available
    only to Passport Advantage subscribers, not available to eCS
    Lusers, work great!

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy

  2. Re: eCS Lusers Desperate Over IBM PA Renewal [FUD4]

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > The new USB drivers available
    > only to Passport Advantage subscribers, not available to eCS
    > Lusers, work great!

    http://www.ecomstation.com/ecsdb/dow...arch=USB+Print

  3. Re: New USB Printer Drivers for eComStation not available Was: Re: eCS Lusers Desperate Over IBM PA Renewal [FUD4]

    I'm not sure these are the latest USB drivers. If they are then eCS
    users are getting them much later then those with IBM software
    subscriptions. That's the problem with eCS, a day late and a dollar
    short.

    OS/2 Man

  4. Re: [FUD4] Losers Desperate Over IBM PA end-of-life

    Tim/Nick/Ron/Jeff/Larry/Susan/Meng/whoever wrote:
    > I'm not sure

    You're not even sure of your name. Nice try, but we can always tell
    when you switched to a new sock puppet based on what you write and the
    shrill, paranoid, mousey tone that comes across in said writing. The
    headers only further verify what we knew to begin with.

  5. Re: Losers Desperate Over IBM PA end-of-life

    Are you trying to tell us that eCS users get these items at the same
    time? If you are then you aren't helping eCS at all, you are hurting
    it by lying to everyone.

    OS/2 Man

  6. Re: [FUD4] Losers Desperate Over IBM PA end-of-life

    Tim/Nick/Ron/Jeff/Larry/Susan/Meng/whoever wrote:
    > Are you trying to tell us that eCS users get these items at the same
    > time?

    Who said that? And who cares? You certainly shouldn't. You lied that
    the posted drivers and dates from the eCS site weren't the most current.

  7. Re: eCS Lusers Desperate Over IBM PA Renewal

    What do you mean 'who cares'? We read the anger and frustration posted
    by eCS users all the time - here and in the eCS forums. Where is SS/2
    v1.7.3? That question was asked so many times that Serenity just
    ignored us. Where is the new IBM Web Browser? Always the answer from
    Serenity was 'use the previous release or try and get Thunderbird to
    work'. It has always been a sad-sack situation with Serenity and eCS.

    I haven't lied about anything. The posted drivers and dates from the
    eCS site are old dates and drivers. They aren't the new ones issued
    recently by IBM. I got mine directly from IBM because Serenity didn't
    supply them. Why do you lie to the reader like this?

    OS/2 Man

  8. [FUD6] Re: New USB Printer Drivers for eComStation not available

    OS/2 Man wrote:
    > I'm not sure these are the latest USB drivers. If they are then eCS
    > users are getting them much later then those with IBM software
    > subscriptions. That's the problem with eCS, a day late and a dollar
    > short.
    >
    > OS/2 Man

    How much does it cost you to get access to those USB Drivers?

    I called IBM and this is what they told me it would cost for software
    Maintenance for an existing OS/2 Warp 4 license:

    "Software Maintenance for an existing OS/2 Warp 4 License is $186.00
    which also includes 12 months of Software Maintenance(which includes any
    software updates) and 24hr./365day a year Telephone and text support."

    Since I purchased eComStation 1.0 in 2001 for $139+SH, I have been able
    to have access to new drivers and fixes at NO ADDITIONAL COST!

    Of course though, I have purchased the eCS 1.1 & eCS 1.2 upgrades
    because of the continued value and development that is being put into
    eComStation by SSI. But I have not had to purchase upgrades or "software
    maintenance" to still have access to the latest fixes and drivers.

    Why don't you show us what you have paid IBM since you purchased Warp 4
    up until now?

  9. Re: eCS Lusers Desperate Over IBM PA Renewal

    It cost me just $60 to roll my SWC over to Passport Advantage. You
    gave up OS/2, remember? To re-sign I'm sure IBM is going to make you
    pay the price and that's what I've been repeating here several times to
    Marty.

    You may have obtained your eCS purchase at a reduced cost but you are
    the exception. Anyone buying eCS today is going to pay a much higher
    extreme price, something like $350 with shipping. IBM isn't going to
    renew the agreement they have with Serenity Systems so any investment
    in eCS is wasted in my opinion.

    Since purchasing OS/2 Warp 4 way back in 1996 or so I paid $99 for it
    then. IBM gave all of us free upgrades all the way to FixPak 14 or 15
    (not sure) and then they offered the Software Choice service which I
    paid $49 for just like everyone else. In all I've probably paid about
    $200. eCS cost me far more then that and I won't be able to do
    anything with it next year because Serenity won't be able to provide
    the new stuff IBM will give me through Passport Advantage.

    That $186 price you claim they want sounds like a good deal if you want
    to go back to OS/2. If not, then that's ok too. When you run out of
    updates you'll turn to other OS/2 users and ask them to give them to
    you illegally or you'll try and get them over the peer to peer network,
    again illegally. By the time you're ready to return to IBM that $186
    price will probably be around $300 and you'll just give up.

    Tim tried to tell you guys this would happen but you called him all
    kinds of names.

    OS/2 Man

  10. Re: New USB Printer Drivers for eComStation not available Was: Re:eCS Lusers Desperate Over IBM PA Renewal [FUD4]

    OS/2 Man wrote:
    > I'm not sure these are the latest USB drivers.

    I am sure that they are.

    > If they are then eCS
    > users are getting them much later then those with IBM software
    > subscriptions.

    Available through PA: 2005-02-22
    http://www.ibm.com/products/finder/u...998&C2=5001138

    Available through SSI: 2005-02-26
    http://www.ecomstation.com/ecsdb/dow...arch=USB+Print

    So, 'much later' is 4 days... wow. Is your system so broken that you
    need it the same day? If not: stop whining.

    > That's the problem with eCS, a day late and a dollar
    > short.

    Well, it's free of charge for anyone with a valid eCS license. No yearly
    charge (as with PA) needed. So, actually, it's more than one dollar
    shorter! ;-)

  11. Re: New USB Printer Drivers for eComStation not available Was: Re:eCS Lusers Desperate Over IBM PA Renewal [FUD4]

    OS/2 Man wrote:

    > I'm not sure these are the latest USB drivers. If they are then eCS
    > users are getting them much later then those with IBM software
    > subscriptions. That's the problem with eCS, a day late and a dollar
    > short.

    I guess I can't understand why, at the end of the day, there is still so
    much bickering. People, the ship is sinking. If everyone who would
    like to see it stay afloat a while longer put half as much energy into
    doing something as they do into arguing, we'd all be better off.

    I'd suggest keeping this stuff on c.o.o.advocacy, and removing the other
    ng's.

  12. Re: New USB Printer Drivers for eComStation are available Was: Re: eCS Lusers Desperate Over IBM PA Renewal [FUD4]

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:49:26 UTC, Peter Flass
    wrote:

    ->
    -> I guess I can't understand why, at the end of the day, there is still so
    -> much bickering. People, the ship is sinking. If everyone who would
    -> like to see it stay afloat a while longer put half as much energy into
    -> doing something as they do into arguing, we'd all be better off.

    Peter,

    That is what trolls like tim/larry want to create. The idiot has been
    trying to render these groups useless for 10years now. This is
    nothing new. He makes insane posts egging people to respond.

    ->
    -> I'd suggest keeping this stuff on c.o.o.advocacy, and removing the other
    -> ng's.
    ->

    To get rid of idiotic threads that have no reason for being here
    either ignore them (which if everyone did this the trolls would have
    no one to play with but themselves), or remove the inappropriate
    groups when replying, or set a followup to something like
    comp.os.os2.advocacy so at least replies would stay where it belongs.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2005, Where?/When? Stay tuned to - http://www.warpstock.org

  13. Re: New USB Printer Drivers for eComStation not available Was: Re: eCS Lusers Desperate Over IBM PA Renewal [FUD4]

    In article ,
    Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com says...
    > OS/2 Man wrote:
    >
    > > I'm not sure these are the latest USB drivers. If they are then eCS
    > > users are getting them much later then those with IBM software
    > > subscriptions. That's the problem with eCS, a day late and a dollar
    > > short.
    > >

    > I guess I can't understand why, at the end of the day, there is still so
    > much bickering. People, the ship is sinking. If everyone who would
    > like to see it stay afloat a while longer put half as much energy into
    > doing something as they do into arguing, we'd all be better off.
    >
    > I'd suggest keeping this stuff on c.o.o.advocacy, and removing the other
    > ng's.

    Yep. How about putting all this effort into *writing software*?
    --
    David H. McCoy

+ Reply to Thread