IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions - OS2

This is a discussion on IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions - OS2 ; This is nice. Beginning in May IBM will automatically renew your Passport Advantage Subscription. Here's a quote from my PA letter: Automatic renewal of Software Maintenance coverage. "For all Software Maintenance coverage under your IBM Passport Advantage Agreement, renewal will ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 121

  1. IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    This is nice. Beginning in May IBM will automatically renew your Passport
    Advantage Subscription. Here's a quote from my PA letter:

    Automatic renewal of Software Maintenance coverage.

    "For all Software Maintenance coverage under your IBM Passport Advantage
    Agreement, renewal will become automatic. Automatic renewal of your
    Software Maintenance comes into effect on your first Anniversary after
    the effective date of this notice, May 23rd, 2005. We will continue to
    send you Software Maintenance renewal quotes before your Passport
    Advantage Anniversary. However, if we do not receive the renewal
    payment from you or your Business Partner before your Anniversary,
    your Software Maintenancecoverage will be renewed and you will be
    billed for that renewal unless you have notified us prior to the
    Anniversary
    of your intent to terminate Software Maintenance coverage."

    This means, of course, that every OS/2 user with a Passport
    Advantage contract/subscription will never have to go back to
    IBM and "re-Up' for another 12 months, IBM will assume you
    want to continue receiving your updates, new enhancements,
    software refreshes, etc., and just send you an email or snail
    mail billing.

    IBM's OS/2 OEM contract with Managed Systems aka the
    fake Serenity Systems of Texas, ends on January 1, 2006
    (just 9 months away) and eCS Lusers will then be dependent
    upon filtching the new OS/2 items from the Gnutella network
    or from someone they know who has and is willing to share
    their legally received PA maintenance items.

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy

    I've always hated agreements like that.

  3. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    Tim/Jeff/Ron/Larry/Meng/Susan/whoever wrote:
    > This means, of course, that every OS/2 user with a Passport
    > Advantage contract/subscription will never have to go back to
    > IBM and "re-Up' for another 12 months, IBM will assume you
    > want to continue receiving your updates, new enhancements,
    > software refreshes, etc., and just send you an email or snail
    > mail billing.

    So you'll be charged for another 12 months even though OS/2 support and
    updates via PA ends on Jan 1, 2006, when the product line officially
    reaches end-of-life. Sounds great!

    Has anyone looked into whether or not a PA subscription can be
    pro-rated, if you only want the subscription up until they stop updating
    OS/2?

  4. Re: ecs shill alert (IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions)

    In <421f67f4$1@news.cadence.com>, on 02/25/2005
    at 10:01 AM, Marty said:

    >Tim/Jeff/Ron/Larry/Meng/Susan/whoever wrote:
    >> This means, of course, that every OS/2 user with a Passport
    >> Advantage contract/subscription will never have to go back to
    >> IBM and "re-Up' for another 12 months, IBM will assume you
    >> want to continue receiving your updates, new enhancements,
    >> software refreshes, etc., and just send you an email or snail
    >> mail billing.

    >So you'll be charged for another 12 months even though OS/2 support and
    >updates via PA ends on Jan 1, 2006, when the product line officially
    >reaches end-of-life. Sounds great!

    Of course you don't want read the other and more current words of IBM --
    Because they makes an idiot out you -- and stop your ecs shill games dead
    in their tracks:

    "* OS/2 Support: IBM plans to provide Program support (technical support
    and code-related defect questions) for OS/2 Warp 4 Convenience Packages
    and for Warp Server for e-business Convenience Packages through 31
    December 2006 for Passport Advantage customers with active Software
    Maintenance."

    Now we know your pretty dumb, but Dec 31, 2006 comes almost a year after
    Jan 1, 2006. -->You should have learned that by the first grade
    marty-jeff the mallard (and troll).

    Going further, right below the list with SSI on it as a ISV that you
    shills think means something, IBM states in big type:

    "All statements regarding Ibm's future direction and intent are subject to
    change or withdrawal without notice, and represent goals and objectives
    only."

    >Has anyone looked into whether or not a PA subscription can be
    >pro-rated, if you only want the subscription up until they stop updating
    >OS/2?

    No, but you need to talk with hubert about getting another butt plug. You
    post less nonsense here when you have one that works.

  5. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > IBM's OS/2 OEM contract with Managed Systems aka the
    > fake Serenity Systems of Texas, ends on January 1, 2006

    No .. that is not correct. SSI has been an IBM OEM since 1998. No plans
    to change this status.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  6. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    Bob StJohn wrote:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >

    >> IBM's OS/2 OEM contract with Managed Systems aka the
    >> fake Serenity Systems of Texas, ends on January 1, 2006

    > No .. that is not correct. SSI has been an IBM OEM since 1998. No plans
    > to change this status.

    Yes .. that is correct and has been confirmed by IBM. Managed
    Systems, aka the fake Serenity Systems of Texas, will not have
    their OS/2 OEM contract renewed as of December 31, 2005.

    Effective January 1, 2006 Managed Systems will have no OS/2
    OEM contract with IBM.

    IBM will continue to support OS/2 and their OS/2 customers
    as long as they maintain a Passport Advantage maintenance
    contract or subscription.

    IBM Help Desk has confirmed IBM's decision and right *not
    to support* eCS customers.

    --

    Marty wrote:

    > I guess you don't really care about getting good value for your money.
    > Heck, that must be why you signed on for PA in the first place. For my
    > $139, I got MCP, 4 years of updates, 4 years of drivers, Lotus
    > Smartsuite, Zampa firewall, Hoblink X11, Desktop On Call, and numerous
    > other items.

    More importantly, you got a piece of crap that isn't supported by
    IBM and your eCS product is a dead horse as of January 1, 2006.
    It is problematic, uses an older version of OS/2 and sold outside
    the U.S. where you have no consumer protection laws governing
    that so called 'good value' you claim to have.

    *Real* OS/2 users with a PA maintenance contract will continue
    to receive updates, refreshes, new drivers, new software, new
    OS/2 enhancements and OS upgrades. AND we'll get all that
    for a minimum yearly renewal fee.

    --

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Marty wrote:
    >

    >> I guess you don't really care about getting good value for your money.
    >> Heck, that must be why you signed on for PA in the first place. For
    >> my $139, I got MCP, 4 years of updates, 4 years of drivers, Lotus
    >> Smartsuite, Zampa firewall, Hoblink X11, Desktop On Call, and numerous
    >> other items.

    > More importantly, you got a piece of crap that isn't supported by
    > IBM and your eCS product is a dead horse as of January 1, 2006.
    > It is problematic, uses an older version of OS/2 and sold outside
    > the U.S. where you have no consumer protection laws governing
    > that so called 'good value' you claim to have.
    >
    > *Real* OS/2 users with a PA maintenance contract will continue
    > to receive updates, refreshes, new drivers, new software, new
    > OS/2 enhancements and OS upgrades. AND we'll get all that
    > for a minimum yearly renewal fee.

    He seems to write OS/2 software with that setup no problem. What
    contributions have you made to OS/2? What business do you run on OS/2?

  9. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Bob StJohn wrote:
    >
    >> The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >>

    >>> IBM's OS/2 OEM contract with Managed Systems aka the
    >>> fake Serenity Systems of Texas, ends on January 1, 2006

    >> No .. that is not correct. SSI has been an IBM OEM since 1998. No
    >> plans to change this status.

    > Yes .. that is correct and has been confirmed by IBM.

    LOL .. well, that's great! Since contracts are confidential .. I'll get
    a real nice settlement! Ooops .. wait .. you're lying. Or perhaps you
    can provide an IBM contact for confirmation so I can collect?

    btw .. no congratulations on eComStation 1.2 being voted Best Commercial
    Software Product of the Year by real OS/2 users?

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  10. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > IBM Help Desk has confirmed IBM's decision and right *not
    > to support* eCS customers.

    Of course not. IBM Help Desk supports folks who have an IBM support
    agreement. The nature of an OEM is that the OEM supports the OEM product
    and IBM supports the OEM, as mentioned on IBM's web page. Of course,
    "ed" already established that anyone ... anyone .. can call IBM and get
    a contract for support for $60 by making a fuss. So, if an eComStation
    user is keen to spend $60 .. that option is always open.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  11. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    In <421f9732$0$23562$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 02/25/2005
    at 03:21 PM, Bob StJohn said:

    >The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >

    >> IBM Help Desk has confirmed IBM's decision and right *not
    >> to support* eCS customers.

    >Of course not. IBM Help Desk supports folks who have an IBM support
    >agreement. The nature of an OEM is that the OEM supports the OEM product
    >and IBM supports the OEM, as mentioned on IBM's web page. Of course,
    >"ed" already established that anyone ... anyone .. can call IBM and get
    >a contract for support for $60 by making a fuss. So, if an eComStation
    >user is keen to spend $60 .. that option is always open.

    I never said any such thing. -->But hey thanks for another example of your
    sociopath behavior.

    -->You would think that after IBM fored you for this stuff, you would have
    thought about it and changed your con-man games.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

  12. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    In <421f95ab$0$23560$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 02/25/2005
    at 03:15 PM, Bob Stjohn said:

    >The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >> Bob StJohn wrote:

    >>> No .. that is not correct. SSI has been an IBM OEM since 1998. No
    >>> plans to change this status.

    >> Yes .. that is correct and has been confirmed by IBM.

    >LOL .. well, that's great! Since contracts are confidential .. I'll get
    >a real nice settlement! Ooops .. wait .. you're lying. Or perhaps you
    >can provide an IBM contact for confirmation so I can collect?

    How do you plan on suing booby -->You can't pay Texas it annual business
    fee, even when they send you a registered letter telling you the business
    is going to be forfeited -->which also means you conducted business
    illegally -->like the con-man you are.

    IBM fired you for this behavior, and you still don't get it.

    -->Its really time for you admit that you have a dead product and stop the
    whining. Its your own fault it failed -->because of your lies here.

    >btw .. no congratulations on eComStation 1.2 being voted Best Commercial
    >Software Product of the Year by real OS/2 users?

    How many times did you and your shills vote? -->God knows you're not
    working on the product or you wouldn't have the time to waste scaming
    here.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

  13. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    In <421f81e2$0$23560$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 02/25/2005
    at 01:51 PM, Bob StJohn said:

    >The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >

    >> IBM's OS/2 OEM contract with Managed Systems aka the
    >> fake Serenity Systems of Texas, ends on January 1, 2006

    >No .. that is not correct. SSI has been an IBM OEM since 1998. No plans
    >to change this status.

    What your plans are -->and IBM's plans are not the same thing.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

  14. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    whining snipped...

    > How many times did you and your shills vote? -->God knows you're not
    > working on the product or you wouldn't have the time to waste scaming
    > here.

    Sounds like sour grapes really

    >>Regards,
    >>Bob St.John
    >>Serenity Systems International

  15. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    In <111v6pfo79lpa04@corp.supernews.com>, on 02/25/2005
    at 02:40 PM, OS/2 Man said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >whining snipped...

    No --Just truthful statements -- from the public record --that you are
    afraid of!!! Right booby!

    >> How many times did you and your shills vote? -->God knows you're not
    >> working on the product or you wouldn't have the time to waste scaming
    >> here.
    >>

    >Sounds like sour grapes really

    I asked a truthful question. Seems you are afraid of it!

    Just like you and the other ecs shills here are afraid to face the fact
    that booby is broke; e.g., You proved it when you snipped the words you
    are afraid of:

    Booby:
    >LOL .. well, that's great! Since contracts are confidential .. I'll get
    >a real nice settlement! Ooops .. wait .. you're lying. Or perhaps you
    >can provide an IBM contact for confirmation so I can collect?

    The facts -- as determined from public records:
    "How do you plan on suing booby -->You can't pay Texas it annual business
    fee, even when they send you a registered letter telling you the business
    is going to be forfeited -->which also means you conducted business
    illegally -->like the con-man you are.

    IBM fired you for this behavior, and you still don't get it."

    >>>Regards,
    >>>Bob St.John
    >>>Serenity Systems International

  16. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    at 03:15 PM, Bob Stjohn said:

    >The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >> Bob StJohn wrote:

    >>> No .. that is not correct. SSI has been an IBM OEM since 1998. No
    >>> plans to change this status.

    >> Yes .. that is correct and has been confirmed by IBM.

    >LOL .. well, that's great! Since contracts are confidential .. I'll get
    >a real nice settlement! Ooops .. wait .. you're lying. Or perhaps you
    >can provide an IBM contact for confirmation so I can collect?

    How do you plan on suing booby -->You can't pay Texas it annual business
    fee, even when they send you a registered letter telling you the business
    is going to be forfeited -->which also means you conducted business
    illegally -->like the con-man you are.

    IBM fired you for this behavior, and you still don't get it.

    -->Its really time for you admit that you have a dead product and stop the
    whining. Its your own fault it failed -->because of your lies here.

    >btw .. no congratulations on eComStation 1.2 being voted Best Commercial
    >Software Product of the Year by real OS/2 users?

    How many times did you and your shills vote? -->God knows you're not
    working on the product or you wouldn't have the time to waste scaming
    here.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

  17. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    Tim/Jeff/Ron/Larry/Meng/Susan/whoever wrote:
    > Marty wrote:
    >
    >> I guess you don't really care about getting good value for your money.
    >> Heck, that must be why you signed on for PA in the first place. For
    >> my $139, I got MCP, 4 years of updates, 4 years of drivers, Lotus
    >> Smartsuite, Zampa firewall, Hoblink X11, Desktop On Call, and numerous
    >> other items.

    > More importantly, you got a piece of crap

    No. I got the "Best Commercial Software Product of the Year".

    > is a dead horse as of January 1, 2006.

    Dec. 31, 2006 is the end of life of OS/2 from IBM (according to Ed).
    Your date is incorrect.

    > It is problematic,

    Incorrect.

    > uses an older version of OS/2

    Incorrect.

    > and sold outside the U.S.

    As are many things, including PA.

    > *Real* OS/2 users with a PA maintenance contract will continue
    > to receive updates, refreshes, new drivers, new software, new
    > OS/2 enhancements and OS upgrades.

    Until Dec 31, 2006.

    > AND we'll get all that for a minimum yearly renewal fee.

    I get all of those updates, and have for the last 4 years, for an annual
    fee of $0. I also got Lotus Smartsuite, Zampa firewall, Hoblink X11,
    Desktop On Call, and numerous other items.

  18. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In <111v6pfo79lpa04@corp.supernews.com>, on 02/25/2005
    > at 02:40 PM, OS/2 Man said:
    >

    >>letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >>whining snipped...

    > No --Just truthful statements -- from the public record --that you are
    > afraid of!!! Right booby!

    No, it was whining from you.

    >>>How many times did you and your shills vote? -->God knows you're not
    >>>working on the product or you wouldn't have the time to waste scaming
    >>>here.
    >>>

    >>Sounds like sour grapes really

    > I asked a truthful question. Seems you are afraid of it!

    No fear.

    > Just like you and the other ecs shills here are afraid to face the fact
    > that booby is broke; e.g., You proved it when you snipped the words you
    > are afraid of:
    >
    > Booby:
    >
    >>LOL .. well, that's great! Since contracts are confidential .. I'll get
    >>a real nice settlement! Ooops .. wait .. you're lying. Or perhaps you
    >>can provide an IBM contact for confirmation so I can collect?

    > The facts -- as determined from public records:
    > "How do you plan on suing booby -->You can't pay Texas it annual business
    > fee, even when they send you a registered letter telling you the business
    > is going to be forfeited -->which also means you conducted business
    > illegally -->like the con-man you are.
    >
    > IBM fired you for this behavior, and you still don't get it."

    I see an unsubstantiated statement.

  19. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In <421f9732$0$23562$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 02/25/2005
    > at 03:21 PM, Bob StJohn said:
    >

    >>The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >>

    >>>IBM Help Desk has confirmed IBM's decision and right *not
    >>>to support* eCS customers.

    >>Of course not. IBM Help Desk supports folks who have an IBM support
    >>agreement. The nature of an OEM is that the OEM supports the OEM product
    >>and IBM supports the OEM, as mentioned on IBM's web page. Of course,
    >>"ed" already established that anyone ... anyone .. can call IBM and get
    >>a contract for support for $60 by making a fuss. So, if an eComStation
    >>user is keen to spend $60 .. that option is always open.

    > I never said any such thing. -->But hey thanks for another example of your
    > sociopath behavior.

    Sure you did. When someone who had not renewed SWC and was told to
    purchase "re-instatement" .. you said that you received similar
    instructions but insisted on speaking to the supervisor. The supervisor
    permitted you to purchase the renewal for $60. That's the scoop.

    Of course, folks can pay the $180. Sounds like a good deal, eh.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  20. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    Bob StJohn wrote:

    > LOL .. well, that's great! Since contracts are confidential ..

    I don't know why you continue to lie to your customers. First it
    was "we're selling Warp 5" followed by "WiseMachine is the
    next great killer application" and a slew of misnomer marketing
    statements, false testimonials, sock puppet salesmen, etc.

    The worst thing about eCS is the lack of credibility by the
    maker. You gotta sell it outside the U.S. because you know
    full well the American Consumer Laws would put your damn
    ass in jail.

    It's understandable why now you would openly lie about
    such a claim but time will tell us all and like all the rest
    of the phony OS/2 so-called vendors, you'll be shamed
    out of the OS/2 world and there are enough people pushing
    you now right out the back door.

    > btw .. no congratulations on eComStation 1.2 being voted Best Commercial
    > Software Product of the Year by real OS/2 users?

    LOL! You *are* kidding, right? Six people voted. All six
    of your eCS sock puppet salesmen.

    Yeah right, "Best Commercial Software Product of the Year"
    yet nobody's buying the damn thing.

    You are to funny Boob.