IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions - OS2

This is a discussion on IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions - OS2 ; In article , wrote: > >Listen up; You have to pay the $1.00 for access to the site. Listen up, you are making the claims and not providing the proof. >I can't give >you a URL that gets you there ...

  1. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    In article , wrote:

    >Listen up; You have to pay the $1.00 for access to the site.

    Listen up, you are making the claims and not providing the proof.

    >I can't give
    >you a URL that gets you there without you paying Texas directly for the
    >access. That was clear before, to anyone who wants to understand and not
    >play ecs shill games here. You can use a credit card or debit card to get
    >access. -->Now grow up and start dealing with reality.

    You need to grow up, making claims and not providing proof. Hearsay and
    conjecture aren't proof.

  2. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    luth-astro@rubbishearthlink.net wrote:

    > IBM has spent years doing all it could to screw personal OS/2 users one
    > way or another.

    Then why in hell do you continue to use OS/2? If you feel this way
    and actually believe the crap you spew, it is ridiculous for your
    to go on using their product. By buying eCS I suppose you feel
    you've showed your finger up IBM's ass but you know that's
    ridiculous.

    You will never be happy with IBM or OS/2 and it is obvious
    you don't want to be. You love being the poor widdle "woe is
    me they are screwing me over again, boo hoo boo hoo.."

    What a pantywaist you are.

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:21:58 UTC, Bob StJohn
    wrote:

    : Of course not. IBM Help Desk supports folks who have an IBM support
    : agreement. The nature of an OEM is that the OEM supports the OEM product
    : and IBM supports the OEM, as mentioned on IBM's web page.

    I bought a Thinkpad (now very happily running eCS, thank you) which
    came with XP installed. There was a noe with it pointing out that I
    could not use the MS help desk, but should contact the manufacturer
    for support.

    So. by Mr Martin's logic. Microsoft don't support XP but IBM do. Ho
    hum.

    Ian

    In , on 02/26/2005
    at 07:27 PM, "Ian Johnston"
    said:

    >On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:21:58 UTC, Bob StJohn
    >wrote:

    >: Of course not. IBM Help Desk supports folks who have an IBM support
    >: agreement. The nature of an OEM is that the OEM supports the OEM product
    >: and IBM supports the OEM, as mentioned on IBM's web page.

    >I bought a Thinkpad (now very happily running eCS, thank you) which came
    >with XP installed. There was a noe with it pointing out that I could not
    >use the MS help desk, but should contact the manufacturer for support.

    >So. by Mr Martin's logic. Microsoft don't support XP but IBM do. Ho hum.

    non sequitur. -->The MS contract with IBM for windows places the support
    issue for the machine on the manufacture. IBM does not support ecs. SSI
    is suppose to and they don't.

    Deal with it.

    >Ian

  5. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    Martin Törnsten writes:

    > You have to remember that IBM is a business company. :-)

    A business *machines* company.

    Sometimes I wonder if they should change the name from IBM to IBS,
    considering how they've concentrated lately more on services than
    on machines, having sold off some of the hardware aspects of their
    business.

  6. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In , on 02/26/2005
    > at 07:27 PM, "Ian Johnston"
    > said:
    >

    >>On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:21:58 UTC, Bob StJohn
    >>wrote:

    >>: Of course not. IBM Help Desk supports folks who have an IBM support
    >>: agreement. The nature of an OEM is that the OEM supports the OEM product
    >>: and IBM supports the OEM, as mentioned on IBM's web page.

    >>I bought a Thinkpad (now very happily running eCS, thank you) which came
    >>with XP installed. There was a noe with it pointing out that I could not
    >>use the MS help desk, but should contact the manufacturer for support.

    >>So. by Mr Martin's logic. Microsoft don't support XP but IBM do. Ho hum.

    > non sequitur. -

    No .. not a non sequitor. The point is, the OEM is the first or second
    level of support. The vendor supports the OEM. That's why IBM posted on
    their web site that they will support SSI in resolving OS/2 issues for
    eComStation. And why MS is pointing out that the manufacturer of the PC
    is the first line of support for the OS preloaded on the system.

    That is the nature of an OEM business model .. deal with it.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  7. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In , on 02/26/2005
    > at 05:14 PM, Martin T÷rnsten said:
    >

    >>Captain's log. On StarDate Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:01:23 -0800 received comm

    >>from Marty on channel comp.os.os2.misc:

    >>: So you'll be charged for another 12 months even though OS/2 support and
    >>: updates via PA ends on Jan 1, 2006, when the product line officially
    >>: reaches end-of-life. Sounds great!

    >>You have to remember that IBM is a business company. :-)

    > You have to remember we have been hearing about the end of OS2 since 1989.
    > -->IBM hasn;t killed it yet.

    No. It was only announced in '87. You have hearing about the end of OS/2
    since 1995 when the chairman said the battle for the desktop is over. By
    1997 the software groups no longer had a guota for selling OS/2.

    Come to terms with the fact that IBM supports and maintains OS/2 .. but
    only for exisiting customers and applications. Even there IBM has been
    pushing their migration services to those users since 1998.

    Read the strategy document, "migrate the OS". That's the deal ..

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  8. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    In <4220e084$0$23563$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 02/26/2005
    at 02:47 PM, Bob Stjohn said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> In , on 02/26/2005
    >> at 05:14 PM, Martin T÷rnsten said:
    >>

    >>>Captain's log. On StarDate Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:01:23 -0800 received comm

    >>>from Marty on channel comp.os.os2.misc:

    >>>: So you'll be charged for another 12 months even though OS/2 support and
    >>>: updates via PA ends on Jan 1, 2006, when the product line officially
    >>>: reaches end-of-life. Sounds great!

    >>>You have to remember that IBM is a business company. :-)

    >> You have to remember we have been hearing about the end of OS2 since 1989.
    >> -->IBM hasn;t killed it yet.

    >No. It was only announced in '87. You have hearing about the end of OS/2
    >since 1995 when the chairman said the battle for the desktop is over. By
    >1997 the software groups no longer had a guota for selling OS/2.

    Sorry asshole but the end of OS2 was proclaimed by the media when the end
    of the MS/IBM work on OS2 was evident.

    Your lack of attention is part of the reason IBM fired you.

    >Come to terms with the fact that IBM supports and maintains OS/2 .. but
    >only for exisiting customers and applications. Even there IBM has been
    >pushing their migration services to those users since 1998.

    And they are still supporting the enterprise customers using OS2. -->Its
    the market you needed to make ecs work. And the market that completely
    rejected you con-man approach.

    >Read the strategy document, "migrate the OS". That's the deal ..

    You still don't understand the market do you! -->Its why you failed as
    an IBM salesman... and as a ecs salesman. Maybe its time for you focus on
    something you actually know how to do.

    Now stop trolling here and start looking for books on ethics.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

  9. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In <1121a4d1le46t12@corp.supernews.com>, on 02/26/2005
    > at 09:49 AM, OS/2 Man said:
    >

    >>letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >>>We've been over this before here. Its on the website of the Texas Sec. of
    >>>State. It will cost you $1.00 to look at the public record yourself. The
    >>>page on booby's company shows he can't pay his annual business fees -- ecs
    >>>business is that poor!
    >>>

    >>It would cost you $1 to prove your claims and you won't do it? You are
    >>asking somebody else to prove your points? Are you that lazy? So do
    >>you have access to the books to prove what you are saying as far as
    >>profits for Serenity or are you just making things up?

    > Listen up; You have to pay the $1.00 for access to the site. I can't give
    > you a URL that gets you there without you paying Texas directly for the
    > access. That was clear before, to anyone who wants to understand and not
    > play ecs shill games here. You can use a credit card or debit card to get
    > access. -->Now grow up and start dealing with reality.

    You made the claim, you pay the $1 and also provide material evidence of
    your proof. You certainly aren't the best at providing any kind of
    convincing argument.

  10. (FUD4)Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    > Sorry

    Yes ... yes.

    >asshole

    I see your preoccupation with all things anal remains intact.

    > but the end of OS2 was proclaimed by the media when the end
    > of the MS/IBM work on OS2 was evident.

    Provide sources from 1989.

    > Your lack of attention is part of the reason IBM fired you.

    >>Come to terms with the fact that IBM supports and maintains OS/2 .. but
    >>only for exisiting customers and applications. Even there IBM has been
    >>pushing their migration services to those users since 1998.

    > And they are still supporting the enterprise customers using OS2. -->Its
    > the market you needed to make ecs work. And the market that completely
    > rejected you con-man approach.

    In 2000 IBM began presenting the Roadmap. End of new features in 2002,
    drivers and maintenance through 2004, maintenance through 2006. That is
    the IBM document and it continues to be executed. If you have probems..

    >>Read the strategy document, "migrate the OS". That's the deal ..

    > You still don't understand the market do you!

    I understand the IBM strategy document and the IBM software strategy.
    And people working with OS/2, like SSI and InnoTek, are consistent with
    that strategy. You .. otoh are in denial.

    But you do provide consistent entertainment. You have value in that regard.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  11. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    Martin Törnsten wrote:
    > Captain's log. On StarDate Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:01:23 -0800 received comm from
    > Marty on channel comp.os.os2.misc:
    >
    > : So you'll be charged for another 12 months even though OS/2 support and
    > : updates via PA ends on Jan 1, 2006, when the product line officially
    > : reaches end-of-life. Sounds great!
    >
    > You have to remember that IBM is a business company. :-)

    Exactly my point. PA, in the view of IBM, includes far more than just
    availability of OS/2 updates. Therefore, in their view, you would still
    be getting value for your PA subscription for its entire duration,
    beyond the end of the line for OS/2. Sounds like anyone who just
    subscribed to PA for OS/2 will be getting shafted.

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > IBM is your enemy, not ours.

    So they rely on their "enemy" for the base of their OS? Sounds rather
    illogical to me.

  13. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    In , on 02/26/2005
    at 11:17 PM, Steve Wendt said:

    >The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    >> IBM is your enemy, not ours.

    >So they rely on their "enemy" for the base of their OS? Sounds rather
    >illogical to me.

    You are one dumb****. Just what do you think is underlying ecs!

  14. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    You are a simpleton; ecs asshole aren't you now. You pay the $1.00 and
    prove me wrong. booby has been shut down twice for failure to pay his fees
    to the state, after being notified by certified mail -- 90- days later -->
    that they were overdue, and the company would be forfeited if he didn't
    come up with money.

    PS: Tell us how you plan on posting the Texas. Sec. of State webpage
    here? Remember asshole, you can't post anything but text here; e.g., if
    you want proof, go look at it yourself.

    In <1121ts4os64ntbc@corp.supernews.com>, on 02/26/2005
    at 03:26 PM, OS/2 Man said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> In <1121a4d1le46t12@corp.supernews.com>, on 02/26/2005
    >> at 09:49 AM, OS/2 Man said:

    >>>It would cost you $1 to prove your claims and you won't do it? You are
    >>>asking somebody else to prove your points? Are you that lazy? So do
    >>>you have access to the books to prove what you are saying as far as
    >>>profits for Serenity or are you just making things up?

    >> Listen up; You have to pay the $1.00 for access to the site. I can't give
    >> you a URL that gets you there without you paying Texas directly for the
    >> access. That was clear before, to anyone who wants to understand and not
    >> play ecs shill games here. You can use a credit card or debit card to get
    >> access. -->Now grow up and start dealing with reality.
    >>

    >You made the claim, you pay the $1 and also provide material evidence of
    >your proof. You certainly aren't the best at providing any kind of
    >convincing argument.

  15. (FUD4) Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >>Provide sources from 1989.

    > Listen up: The moment in history when the news leaked out that there was
    > a problem between the IBM and MS development teams on the direction of OS2
    > -->there was speculation in the PC ragazines that OS2 was going to die.
    > Now maybe you were as out of it then, as you are now, but that is your
    > problem. Not mine. The news that IBM might not continue OS2 development
    > without MS, came as early as 1990.

    Provide sources from 1989 and 1990.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  16. (FUD4)Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    > As to Innotek; they are doing useful development work that the IBM OS2
    > programmers can use to save time and money.

    Interesting that you see it that way.
    http://www.innotek.de/company/employment/index_e.html

    Note the lack of mention of OS/2 skills. Not that I disagree with you,
    though. In fact, I've hired InnoTek to do work for SSI, to the benefit
    of real OS/2 users.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  17. Re: Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    In <422128bf$0$23563$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 02/26/2005
    at 07:55 PM, Bob Stjohn said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >> As to Innotek; they are doing useful development work that the IBM OS2
    >> programmers can use to save time and money.

    >Interesting that you see it that way.
    >http://www.innotek.de/company/employment/index_e.html

    >Note the lack of mention of OS/2 skills. Not that I disagree with you,
    >though. In fact, I've hired InnoTek to do work for SSI, to the benefit
    >of real OS/2 users.

    You haven't hired anyone to do anything booby. You can't pay your annual
    business fees to the state of Texas --> Much less buy programming.
    -->Your con-game killed off Sti with phony promises. I hope the guys at
    Innotek are brighter.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

  18. Re: Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    In <42212661$0$23559$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 02/26/2005
    at 07:45 PM, Bob Stjohn said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >>>Provide sources from 1989.

    >> Listen up: The moment in history when the news leaked out that there was
    >> a problem between the IBM and MS development teams on the direction of OS2
    >> -->there was speculation in the PC ragazines that OS2 was going to die.
    >> Now maybe you were as out of it then, as you are now, but that is your
    >> problem. Not mine. The news that IBM might not continue OS2 development
    >> without MS, came as early as 1990.

    >Provide sources from 1989 and 1990.

    They are in the archives of the PC Ragazine's of the time. -->Its too bad
    you weren't on the ball enough when you had a job at IBM to see what was
    happening.

    Its also too bad that behavior -->Like you are showing here now -->the
    idiot troll -->is what killed off your chance to be a repackager of OS2 in
    any form.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

  19. Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    The "idiotic bull****" is coming from you.

    > I told you how to do it and the requirement
    > of the Texas Sec. of State website.

    Seems you have trouble replicating it, you could make a copy and post it.

    > You seen to think someone can post a
    > scanned webpage to this newsgroup -->NOT. -->Now go play asshole
    > somewhere.

    I'm smart enough to know that you don't have to do that to prove it. Is
    that the best deflection you can come up with?

    > PS: I win because you don't have the guts or the dollar --> to find the
    > facts you don't want to see.

    LOL, I've heard you've claimed winning lots of times without providing
    proof. I've heard that you've been laughed away by law enforcement
    before too.

    > PS2: all the data, dates of forfeiture in text from the site --> have been
    > posted here in the past. If you had any brains you could find them.

    Well you'd have no trouble providing proof then. The best you can do is
    continuing your inane behavior.

  20. [FUD6] Re: IBM Will Now Automatically Renew PA Subscriptions

    OS/2 Man wrote:
    > letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >
    >> In <1122bqo7ulu3mea@corp.supernews.com>, on 02/26/2005 at 07:24 PM,
    >> OS/2 Man said:
    >>

    >>> Never able to prove what you claim. It would be easy to go to
    >>> file->save in your browser or to print and then scan. Sounds like
    >>> you are too dumb to figure things out like that. If you had any
    >>> kind of technical sense you could figure other things out too.

    >> Stop your idiotic bull****.

    > The "idiotic bull****" is coming from you.
    >
    >> I told you how to do it and the requirement
    >> of the Texas Sec. of State website.

    > Seems you have trouble replicating it, you could make a copy and post it.
    >
    >> You seen to think someone can post a
    >> scanned webpage to this newsgroup -->NOT. -->Now go play asshole
    >> somewhere.

    > I'm smart enough to know that you don't have to do that to prove it. Is
    > that the best deflection you can come up with?
    >
    >> PS: I win because you don't have the guts or the dollar --> to find the
    >> facts you don't want to see.

    > LOL, I've heard you've claimed winning lots of times without providing
    > proof. I've heard that you've been laughed away by law enforcement
    > before too.

    OS2Man, can you tell us that story again...its one of my favorites