SCSI spin-down interval - OS2

This is a discussion on SCSI spin-down interval - OS2 ; Hi Folks, Is there any way of controlling, via OS/2, the time-out interval for a SCSI CD-ROM? I need to access a CD every 30 secs or so, but it powers down after 20 secs, so access is much slower ...

  1. SCSI spin-down interval

    Hi Folks,

    Is there any way of controlling, via OS/2, the time-out interval for a
    SCSI CD-ROM? I need to access a CD every 30 secs or so, but it powers
    down after 20 secs, so access is much slower than it could be.

    Ian
    --

  2. Re: SCSI spin-down interval

    Hi Ian,

    for instance with cdrom Manager/2 if you have a plextor
    See http://www.rsj.de/private/mbk/cdrom/

    Hans
    On 15 Feb 2005 11:26:52 GMT, Ian Johnston wrote:

    >Hi Folks,
    >
    >Is there any way of controlling, via OS/2, the time-out interval for a
    >SCSI CD-ROM? I need to access a CD every 30 secs or so, but it powers
    >down after 20 secs, so access is much slower than it could be.
    >
    >Ian
    >--

  3. Re: SCSI spin-down interval

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:46:52 UTC, "Hans Besamusca"
    wrote:

    : for instance with cdrom Manager/2 if you have a plextor
    : See http://www.rsj.de/private/mbk/cdrom/
    :
    Thanks - I'll check that out. It's a plextor!

    Ian